This is why I love King Mo (size talk is silly)

JohnMandick

Interim Saku belt
@red
Reaction score
“It doesn’t surprise me at all,” Lawal said. “Look, I think I’m 9-1 or 10-1 at heavyweight. What’s the surprise? Fedor’s not a big, true heavyweight. Fedor, when he was in his prime, wasn’t a true heavyweight. Fedor was like 220 pounds, man. Look at boxing, Mike Tyson wasn’t a true heavyweight. Neither was Ali. They were small heavyweights. Now you have superheavyweights, but Deontay Wilder ain’t no true heavyweight. Deontay Wilder is 215 pounds tops. Everything thinks size is something. There’s a song by Bushwick Bill of the Geto Boys called ‘Size Ain’t Sh*t.’ Go listen to that song.

“You see Royce Gracie complaining about size? No. You see Sakuraba complain about size? No. Wanderlei (Silva)? No. Real fighters don’t complain about size. B*tch fighters are worried about size and try to put size on. Did Dan Henderson worry about putting on size when he fought Fedor? No. When Dan Henderson fought (Antonio Rodrigo) Nogueira, was he talking about size? No. All real fighters don’t care about no size. We go out there and just fight.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/5/...oes-to-the-club-he-probably-does-the-macarena

“It doesn’t surprise me at all,” Lawal said. “Look, I think I’m 9-1 or 10-1 at heavyweight. What’s the surprise? Fedor’s not a big, true heavyweight. Fedor, when he was in his prime, wasn’t a true heavyweight. Fedor was like 220 pounds, man. Look at boxing, Mike Tyson wasn’t a true heavyweight. Neither was Ali. They were small heavyweights. Now you have superheavyweights, but Deontay Wilder ain’t no true heavyweight. Deontay Wilder is 215 pounds tops. Everything thinks size is something. There’s a song by Bushwick Bill of the Geto Boys called ‘Size Ain’t Sh*t.’ Go listen to that song.

“You see Royce Gracie complaining about size? No. You see Sakuraba complain about size? No. Wanderlei (Silva)? No. Real fighters don’t complain about size. B*tch fighters are worried about size and try to put size on. Did Dan Henderson worry about putting on size when he fought Fedor? No. When Dan Henderson fought (Antonio Rodrigo) Nogueira, was he talking about size? No. All real fighters don’t care about no size. We go out there and just fight.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/5/...oes-to-the-club-he-probably-does-the-macarena
OG.

Now that he somewhat healthy, I hope to see Mo smash dudes again.

Mo fan and rooting for him to beat Bader but I actually heard Ryan Bader along with his pal CB Dolloway do quite well for themselves with the females...riddum or no

I agree with him on size. The best HWs have been of the “small HW” variety that could likely all fight at the next class down. Not easily but could. Fans have been dying for the “new breed” of the guy that cuts to make 265 and is a Greek god but their dreams are dashed time and time again. it’s typically shorter pudgy guys like Fedor and DC, lanky but not terribly strong guys like Nog and Werdum, or Ive always said that I might be able to think of more MWs that are terrible matchups for Mark Hunt than I can HWs

King Mo has been one of my favourite fighters since he made Mousasi bitch and moan .... learn to grapple or stfu <45>

he is not always funny to watch, but i love how he is a moneyweight fighter.... would love to see him on Rizin again... that 100 kg GP was so perfect for him....

Very nice, I have always been a big Mo fan, the King gimmick always makes me chuckle. Loved being up till like 7 am watching him win the Rizin GP.
That and he has put the stamp on some people. That Seth Petruzelli KO is devestating

images.jpeg

Very nice, I have always been a big Mo fan, the King gimmick always makes me chuckle. Loved being up till like 7 am watching him win the Rizin GP.
That and he has put the stamp on some people. That Seth Petruzelli KO is devestating

View attachment 376681

Watching that live was crazy. That was one of the hardest cleanest gnp punches ever landed. Just fucking bodied Petruzelli instantly.

Mo is a good dude. He was a legit top 10 LHW before he nearly died from staph infection. He was never the same after that.

Watching that live was crazy. That was one of the hardest cleanest gnp punches ever landed. Just fucking bodied Petruzelli instantly.
Live nice...No doubt man, my kitty darted off the coach and downstairs because I was like OHHHHH!!! 5xZVsztZ_400x400.jpg

Would be fun to see Bader out wrestling Mo

“You see Royce Gracie complaining about size? No. You see Sakuraba complain about size? No. Wanderlei (Silva)? No. Real fighters don’t complain about size. B*tch fighters are worried about size and try to put size on. All real fighters don’t care about no size. We go out there and just fight.”
True.. let's see if GSP agrees:

UFCGeorgesStPierre.jpg

"On top of that, he weighs 234 pounds; I weigh 188. So there's a big weight difference. I've fought guys who were bigger -- I'm not scared of him -- it's just that I will take this fight when it makes sense for me. I just came back from an injury, there's money to be made, there are fights in my weight class, other challenges out there, and if I fight him, I will have to gain weight, while he will have to lose weight"
- about the potential fight with Anderson Silva

Meh..

b19a89014c90004d5a1dcebab6102853.png

I agree with him. If your a 205+ man you should just fight at hw and not cut weight. Saves you the drain and if your that big and skilled you can end literally anyones night with a punch or sub. Shouldn't we all want to be the best anyways? That's hw. I get it if your 5'8 or whatever go fight at lw or something but if your near the right size you should be hw.

I agree with him. If your a 205+ man you should just fight at hw and not cut weight. Saves you the drain and if your that big and skilled you can end literally anyones night with a punch or sub. Shouldn't we all want to be the best anyways? That's hw. I get it if your 5'8 or whatever go fight at lw or something but if your near the right size you should be hw.

Uncle Chael said something similar that I'd never thought of before.

Basically that your height should determine your weight class. I think he has a point.

And despite what annoying some people, Chael also doesn't give a shit about weight classes and actually nuts up and fights dudes better than him.

I love his attitude and sentiment but he has listed various fighters that are well known for having their bodies Nd minds smashed by larger fighters. You want to live like Sakuraba, Dan Henderson or Wanderlei Silva? Or Muhammed Ali, or Mike Tyson? Of course not.

Uncle Chael said something similar that I'd never thought of before.

Basically that your height should determine your weight class. I think he has a point.

And despite what annoying some people, Chael also doesn't give a shit about weight classes and actually nuts up and fights dudes better than him.

Yeah, we need match ups like Mark Hunt vs Zabit Magomedsharipov.

I love Chael, but height classes is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. And I listened to plenty of Brendan Schaub.

Back