This is why leg kicks aren't really effective.

Leg kicks.
Advantage:
If your opponent doesn't check it, you get damage. Maybe only a little, but it adds up.
If he does check it, you know where his body is. He CAN'T dodge the next strike. He's on one leg.

Disadvantage: You're one one leg, so any counter to the body will score.

Wild card: Blow out your opponent's knee.

I like leg kicks, but I'm a big guy who can take damage. If a counter-kick to the body is going to fold you in half, maybe it's not the technique for you.

Anyone else wanna shit on leg kicks? who wants to eat it,Reno style?

c2f2ccc0-8734-0134-18d4-060e3e89e053.png

u dont have many mixed martial arts fighters who can throw leg kicks well.
justin gaethje`s leg kicks are medicore and not on a ernesto hoost level for example.

u dont have many mixed martial arts fighters who can throw leg kicks well.
justin gaethje`s leg kicks are medicore and not on a ernesto hoost level for example.
This is the problem,that they arent always used properly. Alot of time a guy who isnt even fast will throw it with no setup or feint.
Barboza pieced up Pettis with his kicks cos he KNOWS how to use em,and he is fast enough to do it and not get hit back

Coming from some internet dipshit that had never been kicked

silva%20v%20irvin%20leg%20kick%20counter.gif

Nice leg kick by Irvin.

That kick had some power behind it , unfortunately he should have stuck to a boxing game plan as that’s his bread and butter

This. I guess all combinations/set ups should be abandoned because they don't finish fights and everyone should just swing for the fences and gas in 60 seconds like Tank Abbott.

That's exactly what everyone should do

<{JustBleed}>

One of my favorite Anderson KO's. I miss Matrix Anderson. I've seen so many fighters try that catch the leg kick and punch and it never works for them. He was so accurate.
He never even took his eyes off irvin

Joe Rogan doesn't

phrJFUb.gif
LOL!

look man, u are right, but theres more too it. it helps by weakening their speed, strength, and mobility. it doesnt just hurt...

also, calf kicks and thigh kicks are different

Leg kicks are very effective but if you rely on them too much then it's a problem. They are one tool in your overall game.

Watch tarec vs nate the great and get back to me

The nice thing about leg kicks is you can use them to "accidentally" kick someone in the dick, and those are super effective!

Why do you need to finish guys with leg kicks for them to be effective in a fight.

Great fighters mix things up and keep their opponents guessing on “what might come next.”

I’d imagine when you fight that way you open your opponent up to be finished in different ways.

Imo leg kicks are a must

Ts's coach is cecil peoples

are they though? I don't think Joanna got any points for the leg kicks she used against Rose. Not saying she won the fight but 4 rounds to 1? :(
That's because of the Cecil Peoples clause in the unified rules.

Dumbest thing I ever heard and I doubt it is even true not to mention legs kicks are not used to finish somebody so this is the biggest lie ever told on here. You thought this up and for whatever reason decided to publish it

they are great for scoring points too though and a good type of volume striking.

On the other hand, Joanna Jedrzejczyk got a higher count of significant strikes in every single round of a 5 round fight, thanks to leg kicking, and still lost the decision to Rose Namajunas.

Back