This is why leg kicks aren't really effective.

He bac
I would throw a lot of leg kicks in fights before my coach told me to scrap that and focus on my better weapons.

I asked him why and he said: "Unless you have the power to finish a guy with leg kicks, you should focus on other strikes that will do more damage. A leg kick can easily be checked and even if you are a heavy leg kicker, it's very hard to finish a high level opponent with it and easy to get countered".

Unless you have Barboza type leg kick power, it should be used to set-up high kicks or sweeps. Leg kicking is a long term investment in a fight, you rarely see people finishing guys with it in the first or second round. The longer it goes, the higher your chances are for a counter.

Before Sherdog crucifies me for dissing leg kicks, I'm not. It's a great weapon, but it's a weapon that rarely finishes fights. It should be used to get your opponent thinking. You hurt him a bit, get him thinking low and you start going high. When he knows you are going high, go low again..etc etc etc.
He basically told u kicking works but just isn't for u in a nice way

Namajunas' flush power punches > Joanna's ineffective leg kicks. Namajunas slowing down had more to do with pacing and cardio than anything else.

1st: 10-9 Namajunas
2nd: 10-9 Namajunas
3rd: 10-9 Joanna
4th: 10-10 Draw / 10-9 Joanna
5th: 10-9 Namajunas

Oh, dear.It's your opinion. Some people scored it for Joanna. MMA really devolved, if you can get nod from judges, because your punches are "flush power punches", you doing headhunting whole fight (hurting your oponnent twice during 25 minutes, once with eyepoke). Your oponnet is so damaged that she is still able to thwart your boxing brawling with pure agression in 5th round. It's not boxing, it's mma and should be scored as mma and face expression shouldn't decide who won fight.

They might not finish fights but they hurt like a motherfucker and mess up your movement.

silva%20v%20irvin%20leg%20kick%20counter.gif

Nice leg kick by Irvin.
Didn't set it up

if your coach doesnt think leg kicks are effective i suggest you find yourself a new coach asap TS.

i cant count the number of times i have seen a fight being finished by leg kicks ( Kickboxing ) or how leg kicks influenced the outcome of a mma match.

If used right ( setting the kick up ) its one of the most effective weapons to use in a fight imo.

Well... i actually didn’t agree with Lennox’s corner. It was to early in the fight

Tyson had just knocked out Botha a few fights before when Botha was dominating him because botha got careless

lennox did the right thing there

Step and power jabs from HWs do real damage to be fair.

"Leg kicking is a long term investment in a fight, you rarely see people finishing guys with it in the first or second round. The longer it goes, the higher your chances are for a counter."

Everyone already knew this.
Literally this is why people throw the, lol. Kill the pop and punching power after a couple of rounds.
Glad TS is dropping knowledge bombs

TS should go to his local Muay Thai gym and let someone legkick him.

lol @ the retards saying leg kicks do "little" damage.
A well-placed leg-kick can make your whole leg go numb and give out.

Leg kicks are a great weapon if you use other stuff alongside them.

Gaethje couldn't land a punch for shit.

Leg kicks are good, but I do agree that you should not focus too much on them and focus more on your fight ending strikes.

Leg kicks are good for scoring points for the judges, but its very rare it ever ends a fight, its happened but its very few and far between. It does cause damage though and slows your opponent down

Gaethje seems happen to land 1 leg while eating 4 punches to the face, and its just not a good idea at all. he won't end up in a good way like that

translation :
youre shit at leg kicks so your coach found a diplomatic way to change your fighting style and stop you throwing them.

if your coach doesnt think leg kicks are effective i suggest you find yourself a new coach asap TS.

i cant count the number of times i have seen a fight being finished by leg kicks ( Kickboxing ) or how leg kicks influenced the outcome of a mma match.

If used right ( setting the kick up ) its one of the most effective weapons to use in a fight imo.
No, when it comes to his fighters he knows what works best for them. When it came to me, leg kicking didn’t fit my game. On the other hand, my training partner finished his first two pro Muay Thai fights with leg kicks. You best believe that my coach focuses a lot on low kicking with that guy. The reality in leg kicks like I mentioned, if you don’t kick like a truck, it’s hard to be successful when your hole game revolves around it.

translation :
youre shit at leg kicks so your coach found a diplomatic way to change your fighting style and stop you throwing them.
Haha yes or that. I wasn’t bad at them, I could chop off a couple sherdoggers any day, just when it came to actual fighters, I just didn’t have enough power to make an impact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back