This log won't last

Seriously-Dead

wubbalubbadubdub
@Brown
Reaction score
I can never keep a log going for longer than a month or two, but what the hell.

Working through some now minor biceps tendonitis right now. Was ongoing for about 3 months, but thanks to the use of a red light over the last 3 weeks it's finally gone from major to minor and should soon be gone entirely soon. Jan & Feb were two solid months of detraining mainly because of injuries and some other health issues. In late Feb I was so weak I could barely squat 95lbs. Other than that, no major issues.

BW: 160-ish?
Height: 5'7"

Best all-time lifts (pounds)

Deadlift - 405
Back Squat - 285
Front Squat - 235
Clean & Jerk - 209 (95kg)
Bench - 175?
Snatch - 143 (65kg)
Power Snatch - 132 (60kg)

Everything is in sets x reps x weight (pounds)

Today
Front Squat
5 x 95, 135, 155
3 x 5 x 165
I have been mostly doing good ol' 3x5 linear periodization once per week on front squats since late Feb. Pretty happy with the continued progress. Haven't been back squatting at all.

Band Shoulder rotations
3 x 15

Band Tricep Extensions
2 x 20

Added depth push-ups
5 x 12

Lateral deltoid raises
4 x 15 x 10

Wrist Extensions
4 x 10 x 5

Reverse Grip BB Curls
4 x 12 x bar (45)

Thursday
Bench
10 x 95
5 x 115, 135
3 x 5 x 145
Same (mostly) linear progression with bench that I've been doing on front squats. Relatively easy.

Friday
Light jog for 30 minutes + stretching

Saturday
5 Rounds (at a reasonable pace)
Incline Bench - 12 x 85
Band Face Pulls - 20
Lateral deltoid raises - 20
Band External Rotations - 12
Pull-ups - 6

Swollen shoulders. feelsgoodman

Quick workout today, only had 30 minutes. Was planning on deadlifting, but I either got a hernia or pulled an abdominal muscle last week and I can't really deadlift without feeling like my insides are tearing. Squats seem fine though.

Today

Hang Power Clean + Jerk
6 x 5 x 95
Put a little more tension on my abdomen then I would have liked but was okay considering how light it was. Jerks felt okay, but it's important I don't do those too often.

Weighted Pull-ups
6 x BW
2 x 6 x +15

Deltoid Raises (Rear/Lateral/Front)
5 x 25 x 15
I am relentlessly dedicated to getting disproportionate shoulders. Unfortunately they seem to develop at the same rate as the chest and upper back as well.

Front Squat
3 x 95, 125, 145
1 x 165, 185, 200, 185
First time front squatting over 200 in over a year? Went up easily tho so that's good.

Today
Bench Press
Resting ~1 minute between all sets.
3 x 95, 115, 125
8 x 3 x 135
My favorite rep scheme that I inherited from an old weightlifting coach

Hip Belt Squat
12 @ +55
12 @ +90
3 x 12 @ + 125
These are just great

Reverse Hypers
12 @ BW
12 @ +10
4 x 12 @ +20

Band Face Pulls
4 x 20

Sit-up
15 @ BW
3 x 15 @ +25
Despite ab issues these didn't hurt at all.

Glute Kickback
12 @ BW
2 x 12 @ +10

Bunch of stretching and tendonitis stuff. Tried doing good mornings but the pain in my abdomen is too much. So far only bending over motions and rotating my torso towards the painful side seem to cause pain. I'm thinking left inner oblique strain at this point. Possibly hernia but there's no bulging and not all forms of abdominal bracing seem to cause pain.

What did you do to get so sick you can barely squat 95lb?
Also, if its not hernia, some self ART can probably help with the strain.

What did you do to get so sick you can barely squat 95lb?
Also, if its not hernia, some self ART can probably help with the strain.

Was getting chest pains/racing heart/acid reflux/hives - and it got a lot worse when I would try exercising, even if I tried going for light walks or walking up flights of stairs. So I essentially got fully detrained because all I did was work my office job and then lay in bed after work every day for about 2 months. Turns out it was all related to anxiety, and once I got some help, changed some things in my life (e.g. quit my shit job and moved), and got it under control everything was okay. I still get reflux sometimes but it's improving, everything else has gone away but I still have to be pretty diligent. 2/10 would not recommend this experience to others.

Any recommendations on how one would go about performing self ART on an inner oblique?

It will be similar to doing ART on the diaphragm. During every exhale apply more pressure deeper. Its hard to get the obliques by yourself since you cant get much pressure for glides but the firm pressure otherwise can work. You can then add a stretch to it while applying the pressure and breatjing patterns. Im willing to bet your oblique issue is related ti your shoulder girdle as it odten exhibits accessory breathing patterns. In about 20 minutes i will try to find a vid or make one for ya. Just be mindful when doing ART you generally want yo go in the fiber direction rather than strum it like a guitar.

I had botulism once so i cam relate to that level of weakness. I lost 25lbs and survived off energy drinks in michigan. This semester was hell also for anxiety i had a few panic attacks and actually got exempt from an exam.

Fucking mobile spelling errors.

Basically like this, except you use your own hands. Or, use the above method i gave. If you need more clarification on the previous method i can go into more detail. In this video, you don't have to stabilize the SI joint or the Pelvis as much because you can't by yourself, but you can still apply a very effective stretch while applying pressure to the muscle, or gliding through the muscles fibers as they elongate. I like to glide 1/3 of the way down with each turn. Use a gel for the glides.

Shit dude. I tried out a variant of that stretch while pressing on the tissue near the 12th rib - goddamn that hurt good. Did that plus a bunch of stretching and now I'm really feeling it in my side. Thanks for the tips.

AM
Stretching
30 minutes stretching
Mostly focused on oblique, abs, and groin.

Angled Row
4 x 15 x 75

PM
High Hang Power Snatch
4 x 3 x 75

Front Squat
3 x 95, 125
8 x 3 x 145 (1 min rests)

Pull ups
10 x 4 @ BW

Handstand (wall)
20 - 30s x 8

DB Wrist Extensions
4 x 15 x 5

DB Front Raises
4 x 12 x 15

Then some stretching + tendonitis stuff.

NP man. It's nicer when you have someone to do it for you though. I say 3 sessions a week at max for it though.

For your shoulder stuff, does flexion bother you at all or during certain loads or volumes?

NP man. It's nicer when you have someone to do it for you though. I say 3 sessions a week at max for it though.

For your shoulder stuff, does flexion bother you at all or during certain loads or volumes?

My shoulder is generally 100% fine. I just can't do overhead presses very often or else I end up with severe impingement that puts me out for over a month. I've tried everything to fix it but it's been a persistent problem for about a decade. It's not just lifting that does it either, I've even had it happen when painting a house, and even as early back as high school when I would stock high shelves at a grocery store. Positions that involve only the lockout, like snatches, handstands, and light jerks, seem to be mostly fine though.

The tendonitis is in my elbow. But it's so minor now I don't even consider it a problem. The only thing that there is any pain with at all is forearm supination when the elbow is almost straight, but I can still do it. The red light therapy completely turned it around. Before I started that I couldn't straighten my elbow in any position.

Saturday
Snatches up to 95 and some other stuff. Only had 30 minutes to work out.

Tuesday
Front Squat
5 x 95, 125, 155
3 x 5 x 170

Pull-ups
2 x 3 @ BW
3 @ +15
3 x 3 @ +25

Lateral deltoid raises
5 x 15 x 10

Decline Sit-ups
3 x 15

Stretches, shoulder band work, upright rows.

Inner oblique is still bugging me, so no deadlifting or good mornings for a while. Nothing else seems to bother it though, so that's a bonus. Snatches were a little iffy on Saturday, so I probably won't be going heavy on those for quite a while. Tendonitis in my elbow is essentially gone, at this point only straight-bar bicep curls seem to cause any pain.

Today
All exercises today were superset, broken into two supersets: BP-Face Pulls-Hammer Curls and Pull-ups-Incline Flyes-Weighted Sit-up-Tricep Extension.

Bench Press
3 x 95, 95, 125
8 x 3 x 130
Most of this was close grip bench.

Band Face Pulls
5 x 15

Hammer Curls
5 x 9 x 25s

Pull-ups
3 x 6
Meant to do 6x6 but I was getting too much tension in my bicep to carry on. Didn't want to push it.

Incline Flyes
5 x 12 x 25s

Weighted Sit-up
5 x 10 @ +25

Tricep Extensions
4 x 16 x 45

1.5 hour trail ride on my bike. I never do this, so it was stupid hard and I sucked at it. It took me longer to bike long parts of this trail than it takes me to run it.

Bench Press
3 x 95, 130
1 x 145, 155, 160
4 x 1 x 165
All reps were smooth and controlled. No pain. Pretty happy with that.

Other than that, just some dicking around on the rings and some band work for my elbow.

Saturday
2 hour trail ride. Overall easier than last time. Except I fell off my bike and down a hill. My entire leg left leg is bruised pretty good.

Today
Just a bunch of light front squats, band work, and arm stuff. Nothing worth noting - only lasted about 30 minutes tops. Still recovering from the birthday weekend.

Front Squats
3 x 95, 125, 145
4 x 3 x 155

Front Raises
7 x 10 x 20(+chains)

Pull-ups
5 x 5

Decline Sit-ups
3 x 15

Easy day, short on time yet again. Side/abs/oblique on the left is still bothering me unfortunately.

wish we had some cool bike trails around here, riding bikes is one of my fondest memories growing up. What part of the country do ya live?

Do the chinups bother you with a pronated grip? If not, i'd switch to them.

Back