This may be an unpopular opinion

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
But Leslie Smith was right to reject the fight. 1.8 lbs. may not seem like much, but fighters who miss weight seem to have an advantage of some sort. Out of the last 10 UFC fighters who came in overweight, nine went on to win their respective bouts.

I don't think anyone cares too much that she rejected the fight.

She missed out on extra pay for her opponent missing weight and now the UFC hasn't renewed her contract

Doesn't seem too smart to me

She missed out on extra pay for her opponent missing weight and now the UFC hasn't renewed her contract

Damn

Yah shes an idiot

As a fan though less wmma the better

WMMA was canceled ?! On 4-20?! What a glorious fucking day it is!

20@% of her opponents purse, what’s that like $500

the right thing to do is not necessarily the smartest thing to do.

She's well within her rights to reject the fight.

And the UFC was well within their rights to cut ties with her.

1AfmV6r.jpg

She was going to lose, extra weight or not, so she took her money and left.

I'm glad, though, anything to knock a WMMA fight off a card. :cool:

Sure it is...IF she gets picked up by Bellator. She got paid her show up and Win bonus.... She Never heard of the extr 5k offer. The ufc really didn't even want to renew Her contract anyway it seems. So. She made weight ,got paid and is Now free to shop.... Good luck to her

But Leslie Smith was right to reject the fight. 1.8 lbs. may not seem like much, but fighters who miss weight seem to have an advantage of some sort. Out of the last 10 UFC fighters who came in overweight, nine went on to win their respective bouts.
I agree that she was right to reject that fight. Do you have a list of the last 10 fighters that have missed weight?

The fact she is getting 62k to not fight, while male fighters who have trained twice as along and are twice as skilled are getting 12k/12k still is the real travesty here.

The UFC wasn't going to renew her contract no matter what happened (she could have fought, got an amazing finish, and the UFC was still NOT going to renew her contract). Besides, she got her show AND win money with zero risk.

Exactly. She was paid off to gtfo. If you listened to her luke thomas interview you can see she was a thorn in the side of the ufc, consistently asserting her rights which i doubt [m]any other fighters do. Win lose or not fight she wasnt getting a contract extension anyway, so it made sense to take $62k when it was on the table

Back