This Month in Youtube Trending

MacDuffle

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Normally I wouldn't roast Youtube for being Youtube but this is just the most depressing trending feed in a long while

https://www.youtube.com/feed/trending

...Frustratingly bleak. Please restore my faith in human media before the next wave of Anime-inspired eye-widening surgery makes its grim and depressing resurgence

alita.jpg

Why is Shazam being made

Why does an unboxing video have 3.8 million views
Screen_Shot_2018_07_24_at_3_59_37_AM.png

Should I know who Lachlan is

Why does the title "Giant Dart vs Giant Ice Block" make me sad for the storytelling medium

Who did this to us

ITT we share trending videos that teach us valuable lessons about what we don't want in our lives

Last edited:
I will never understand the desire to watch an unboxing video.

Social trends are normally dumb anyway

"ITT we share trending videos that teach us valuable lessons about what we don't want in our lives."

Uh, wouldn't that be doing what you don't want us to do? That chick's eyes are freaky.

"ITT we share trending videos that teach us valuable lessons about what we don't want in our lives."

Uh, wouldn't that be doing what you don't want us to do? That chick's eyes are freaky.

Nothing we talk about is going to budge videos with millions of views

As someone who studied eye-widening surgery trends and epicanthic fold distribution at a grad level, live action Anime is no fun for a major US feature because I know what it can do

I recently found out about the phenomenon of trailer reaction videos. That shit completely fucking baffles me. People want to watch other people pretend to be excited over some film trailer?

I hate to sound old but what's the world coming to??

I recently found out about the phenomenon of trailer reaction videos. That shit completely fucking baffles me. People want to watch other people pretend to be excited over some film trailer?

I hate to sound old but what's the world coming to??

I think it's about looking for validation in their own giddiness? Maybe some type of voyeurism? Not sure, it's simulair to the mystery science theater stuff from back in the day I guess.

Nothing we talk about is going to budge videos with millions of views

As someone who studied eye-widening surgery trends and epicanthic fold distribution at a grad level, live action Anime is no fun for a major US feature because I know what it can do
Yeah, but by posting cheesy pop culture videos you would now be introducing us to those shitty videos, which we try to keep out of our lives. The 'dog should be for talking about jabs, uppercuts, benching 275, and the cast from the first Predator.

I'm not all complaints either I'd love to see more "making of ____" TV show/Film videos go viral, or a how-to tutorial that's more innovative than just how to apply makeup, or parody videos of ____ but the Internet Gods are cruel and do not gift these things with decent enough distribution

Youtube U.S. controls trending like a vice grip, they put there what they want you to see, not what actually has tons of views.

Back