This sh-- has to stop

It seems to happen all the time, you get injuries in Boxing, but the frequency of these last minute pull outs in the UFC is mad.

There’s a difference being injured during a camp and being injured or pulling out the week of the bout.

A lot of fight week MMA pull outs are because of the drastic and stupid weight cutting. Dehydration causes dizziness and falls etc. I’m aware that boxers cut weight to, but you never hear analysts and commentators talking about it as much because it’s not drastic to the point of near death.

This turning to look at someone shit has to stop.

I understand what you are saying but it's not like the old days when the fighters had "Help" in recovering faster "NoMI'msayin". Wink Wink.

He awkwardly tripped in a parking lot and destroyed his knee. Can happen to all of us. Very reasonable stuff. I mean, he looked hobbled 3 days ago doing his gay salsa dance so all of it seems really believable.

I for one will not buy this ppv yet will join the pbp discussion while watching on my crystal ball.

Lots of blame to be assigned, mostly to the grueling training camps and lack of supplements available to the fighters. This will be a reoccurring theme under USADA until the camps and fighters learn to not over train

He's not wrong that the UFC cannot survive that many more of these pullouts a week before the fight. If you're fighting professionally at this level you or whose ever in charge of keeping you in fighting shape needs to know the right preparation a week before the fight. If his leg was that bad, kicking steel rods and doing these media appearances is the pro fight equivalent of driving 90 miles an hour in a school zone, something just unjustifiably dumb. It's not clear yet as to who, but somebody is making a statement that they just don't care an iota about giving the fans the fights they're interested in and catering to their clientèle. The only reason this is tolerable is because it makes it massively more likely for Khabib to be an undisputed champ and improve UFC"s reach in Russia (and maybe the pullout was somehow orchestrated to make that happen). That said, it does show a level of disrespect that the UFC just can't afford to show going forward on a regular basis.

chain the fighters to chairs and/or beds and stroll them around for a week or two prior to fights.

Hurt during a interview <NoneOfMy>

What the FLYING FUCK is goin on with these fight cancellations the week before the fuckin fight. This is bush league shit and should come with serious penalties. If you pull out of any fight more than once you should be cut. End of story. I never wanna see a Ferguson fight ever again after this shit.

You must be new.

It seems to happen all the time, you get injuries in Boxing, but the frequency of these last minute pull outs in the UFC is mad.

There’s a difference being injured during a camp and being injured or pulling out the week of the bout.

A lot of fight week MMA pull outs are because of the drastic and stupid weight cutting. Dehydration causes dizziness and falls etc. I’m aware that boxers cut weight to, but you never hear analysts and commentators talking about it as much because it’s not drastic to the point of near death.
Pacquiao and Haye were injured and should have pulled out of their fights with Mayweather and Klitschko respectively, but they didn't and we had to sit through 2 one-sided stinkers. It's disappointing but I'd expect there to be more injuries in MMA than boxing because of the different training they have to put themselves through. Boxing is a far more established sport with a longer history, and that applies to training methods too.

Better to compare it to Football (soccer) because the clubs often wait until an hour before the match then they announce that one or more of their players is too injured to play. Not uncommon to be missing 10+ players to injury (between the two teams)

What the FLYING FUCK is goin on with these fight cancellations the week before the fuckin fight. This is bush league shit and should come with serious penalties. If you pull out of any fight more than once you should be cut. End of story. I never wanna see a Ferguson fight ever again after this shit.

Especially when you uploaded a video of yourself kicking metal bars to social media like you are legit retarded.

UFC is not a high-level sport.

They don't have enough money to attract decent athletes.

That's why I respect Conor so much; he completely milked their budget system in order to book a $100m fight with Floyd Mayweather.

LMAO.

When it happens more than once, you're pretty much useless. Like a lame racehorse, you should be taken out back and fucking shot.

Pacquiao and Haye were injured and should have pulled out of their fights with Mayweather and Klitschko respectively, but they didn't and we had to sit through 2 one-sided stinkers. It's disappointing but I'd expect there to be more injuries in MMA than boxing because of the different training they have to put themselves through. Boxing is a far more established sport with a longer history, and that applies to training methods too.

Better to compare it to Football (soccer) because the clubs often wait until an hour before the match then they announce that one or more of their players is too injured to play. Not uncommon to be missing 10+ players to injury (between the two teams)

Some solid points, but the football doesn’t hold weight, as they’re playing 1/2 games a week, not fighting once every 3/5 months.

Unless your Sturridge, who is injured more than he’s fit. Stealing a living that lad.

$2k/$2k contracts and get rid of health insurance, problem solved.

Back