This sh-- has to stop

Fighters are fighting injured all the time. The moment the stakes are high or they have a belt, that’s when they pull out. It’s bullshit and you know it.

So, just to be clear, you think Tony should've fought Khabib for the title, with his knee torn up so bad he's potentially going to need surgery?

You're either trolling or not too bright.
Pick one.

MDv3dyV.gif

This was a freak accident...That's why it's called an accident. Both the UFCs doctor and Tonys doctor said he couldn't fight, you might not like it, but it is what it is. It's a professional sport and any sanctioning body would not authorize Tony to fight with a torn ACL.

It's a combat sport.
People get injured all the time.
Get over it.

Even if you said "It's MMA. People get injured all the time." it still wouldn't excuse pulling out of the biggest fight of your life multiple times within a month of the fight. There aren't a lot of people blowing this level of opportunity this consistently. And it sure as hell isn't happening in other combat sports.

Yes, they're violent and people get hurt. But how u gonna act like "it's combat sports, it happens", when no world champion boxers do this shit. For every boxer you can name that has pulled out of fights this big within a month of the fight, I can name 100 mma fighters. And boxing has been around 5 times longer.

It's the same culture and mentality that brings the extreme weight cutting issues. It's mostly wrestlers looking for every little edge possible, and putting more value on their little training edges than actually making it to the competition. It's a joke, and they're shameless about it. Just imagine if Lebron said he over-trained, got injured, and can't play in the Finals. Or if Tom Brady had a bad weight cut and couldn't play in the Super Bowl. Nobody cares about their fuckin training wars that they wanna circle jerk each other about, over a beer, 20 years from now.

What the FLYING FUCK is goin on with these fight cancellations the week before the fuckin fight. This is bush league shit and should come with serious penalties. If you pull out of any fight more than once you should be cut. End of story. I never wanna see a Ferguson fight ever again after this shit.

You sound like a rational educated mma fan.

Read the thread title and then misread TS's name as "enema" and I was like <Goldie11>

Too bad....

Last edited:
The punishment tends to be the fact that the fighter loses a payday and often loses standing within the division. I know it's hard for teenagers who only care about their own immediate gratification and have no concept of the world to grasp, but for combat sports athletes who, generally speaking, aren't making a ton of money to begin with and tend to have a very short time to make good money, the loss of a payday and the possibility that they'll never get back to the same standing is incredibly significant. The idea that they should be additionally punished would be seen as pretty shocking if it wasn't so absurdly stupid.

At least Canelo - GGG 2 got cancelled so it’s not just mma getting good fights cancelled. The fight gods in general aint playin

It's a combat sport.
People get injured all the time.
Get over it.
not really. being injured in fight week is irresponsibility, or not making weight

The punishment tends to be the fact that the fighter loses a payday and often loses standing within the division. I know it's hard for teenagers who only care about their own immediate gratification and have no concept of the world to grasp, but for combat sports athletes who, generally speaking, aren't making a ton of money to begin with and tend to have a very short time to make good money, the loss of a payday and the possibility that they'll never get back to the same standing is incredibly significant. The idea that they should be additionally punished would be seen as pretty shocking if it wasn't so absurdly stupid.
it seems to happen in mma all the time. you follow boxing, tell me if shit like this happens. it's incredible, its like mma is cursed

It's 2018...people need to learn to not train or cut weight like idiots. Young, healthy men shouldn't be getting the types of injuries that these fighters keep having

What the FLYING FUCK is goin on with these fight cancellations the week before the fuckin fight. This is bush league shit and should come with serious penalties. If you pull out of any fight more than once you should be cut. End of story. I never wanna see a Ferguson fight ever again after this shit.

nah...you'll get over it after a good cry ;)

Tony is getting punished enough. as interim champ, he would have received PPV points of some kind, and a win was his best chance at setting up a Conor fight...so Tony has potentially cost himself quite a bit of $$$.

it seems to happen in mma all the time. you follow boxing, tell me if shit like this happens. it's incredible, its like mma is cursed

The fact that MMA involves grappling creates many more opportunities for injury. I think that there are likely far better ways to prepare for fights which would lead to fewer injuries, but there is always going to be that kind of difference between the two sports. Even with the difference, injuries still do happen in boxing with a reasonable regularity. In big fights they almost always just lead to delays. Just within the last month or two Crawford/Horn, Charlo/Centeno, and Saunders/Murray were all delayed due to injury.

There is a promotional difference between MMA and boxing, as well, as there tends to be much less concern with planning big events and keeping the date in play than there is with boxing (big boxing events will always just be delayed if the big draws can't show up).

Um You almost never see it in big boxing fights.
but the highest grossing boxing contest of all time had 1 guy fighting injured and it was a big disappointment for most if not all fans. I've been watching boxing for a long time and they do get injured and fights are cancelled regularly, but boxers aren't as likely to get injured compared to MMA fighters because of the training involved.

Back