This weekend is gonna be a good one for combat sports fans

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
MMA
UFC on Fox. Pretty nice card

Poirer vs Alvarez II. I don't expect it to go past the 1st tbh...but it should be fireworks like the 1st fight. Biggest fight of both guys careers
Aldo/Joanna are back and both need to win here
nice undercard with Makdessi/Pearson, Mein/Morono, Mercier/Hernandez

Boxing
Whyte vs Parker

Pretty big deal in the U.K. and for HW boxing. Gonna be a massive crowd. Parker coming off the loss to AJ and Whyte with the brutal KO over Browne almost killing him. Winner of this fight puts themselves back in line for a shot at AJ or Wilder ( I imagine the winner is gonna fight on the undercard of Povetkin-AJ, and then again in April when Wilder-AJ fight). Also on the card is Chisora-Takam and Conor Benn (son of Nigel Benn).

Thanks for the heads up on Parker Whyte. I have totally fallen out of the boxing loop.

Any updates on Joshua Wilder talks or have they stalled out?

I love Eddie

tumblr_ofqfc0TYND1u6jjy9o1_400.gif

Thanks for the heads up on Parker Whyte. I have totally fallen out of the boxing loop.

Aj has signed a two fight deal with both fights taking placed at wembley stadium (80k+Seats)

One is at the end of the yr and will be against povetkin which could be a dangerous fight

The one after is in april. Most people believe that will be when the aj-wilder fight takes place

Some think wilder is waiting for fury to fight in august and then to fight fury at the end of the yr and snag the lineal belt ( although fury is a tough fight if he makes it back to his old self)

Thus the Aj-Wilder or Aj-Fury fight in april would be for all the belts AND the lineal belt which would mean there would be an undisputed heavyweight champion for the first time since lennox

It's looking like February 2019 at Wembley Stadium. 90,000 seats.
April not February

And there is talk of fury fighting wilder at the end of the yr and than the winner of that fight having the lineal and wbc against aj and the rest of the belts

MMA

Poirer vs Alvarez II. I don't expect it to go past the 1st tbh...but it should be fireworks like the 1st fight. Biggest fight of both guys careers

Boxing
Whyte vs Parker

Pretty big deal in the U.K. and for HW boxing. Gonna be a massive crowd. Parker coming off the loss to AJ and Whyte with the brutal KO over Browne almost killing him. Winner of this fight puts themselves back in line for a shot at AJ or Wilder ( I imagine the winner is gonna fight on the undercard of Povetkin-AJ, and then again in April when Wilder-AJ fight). Also on the card is Chisora-Takam and Conor Benn (son of Nigel Benn).

Biggest fight of alvarez's career? Didn't he headline MSG against mcgregor haha?

You literally only listed two event. There is also RIZIN 11, ONE FC, Karate Combat and WLF on.

MMA

Boxing
Whyte vs Parker

Nothing like fightweek leading into a good weekend of fights my anticipation is rising!!!!!!

This is nowhere near the biggest fight of Eddie's career. The Conor fight, the RDA fight, both fights with Chandler were all bigger.
I actually disagree. Well i suppose the conor fight was bigger

But i am talking about eddies career not necessarily the magnitude of the fight

Wilder thinks he's some massive star. Causing delays.

I actually disagree. Well i suppose the conor fight was bigger

But i am talking about eddies career not necessarily the magnitude of the fight

His title fights are clearly more important to his career than fighting Poirier. You're acting like this is some kind of legacy fight when it isn't.

Wilder thinks he's some massive star. Causing delays.
Bummer. I just hope it does not become like MayPac and either not happen or happen past their primes. It is the most obvious fight to make a HW in ages. Boxing always screws the pooch

Back