This weekend is gonna be a good one for combat sports fans

It's looking like February 2019 at Wembley Stadium. 90,000 seats.
I hope it happens. I've been seriously jaded since Tyson Bowe never happened. In boxing, it seems a rarity that fights happen when they should, as there is often to many interests involved and there is no guarantee that it will sell a ton of PPV's or equal the cash that both will be looking for. Also, with it being HW boxing, all it takes is one big punch to derail the whole kit and kaboodle.

His title fights are clearly more important to his career than fighting Poirier. You're acting like this is some kind of legacy fight when it isn't.
You don't know it yet, he can win and then fight Khabib, with some chances to win, this can be most important fight of his career, because being champion twice is way better than being once and being finished by McGregor. So fight against Poirer, he wins, he will fight for title, he loses, going to Bellator, fighting lesser competition for same money.

im in for whyte and parker

for those that havent seen it

[youtube]

Aj has signed a two fight deal with both fights taking placed at wembley stadium (80k+Seats)

One is at the end of the yr and will be against povetkin which could be a dangerous fight

The one after is in april. Most people believe that will be when the aj-wilder fight takes place

Some think wilder is waiting for fury to fight in august and then to fight fury at the end of the yr and snag the lineal belt ( although fury is a tough fight if he makes it back to his old self)

Thus the Aj-Wilder or Aj-Fury fight in april would be for all the belts AND the lineal belt which would mean there would be an undisputed heavyweight champion for the first time since lennox
Povetkin might fuck it all up for AJ, no one to sleep on that's for sure.

Bummer. I just hope it does not become like MayPac and either not happen or happen past their primes. It is the most obvious fight to make a HW in ages. Boxing always screws the pooch

Honestly this is really Deontay's fault. He thinks he's a bigshot when he is the B side of this equation. They've offered him basically 3x the amt he's ever made with more for a rematch in LV if he wins.

Great call @XThe GreatestX

I watched McClellan/Benn last night, was looking into Benn’s sons a bit online too. A chance to see one of them in action.

Honestly this is really Deontay's fault. He thinks he's a bigshot when he is the B side of this equation. They've offered him basically 3x the amt he's ever made with more for a rematch in LV if he wins.
May be so, but this is a very high staked bout, where the winner essentially takes all and U.K. judges have shown to be some of the most dubious out there (which says a lot as all boxing has shite judges). I just hope it happens before one loses and it's loses all its popcorn.

And if I'm Deontay, and if I'm honest, AJ just seems like a bad match up for me, especially seeing what success Ortiz had.

May be so, but this is a very high staked bout, where the winner essentially takes all and U.K. judges have shown to be some of the most dubious out there (which says a lot as all boxing has shite judges). I just hope it happens before one loses and it's loses all its popcorn.

And if I'm Deontay, and if I'm honest, AJ just seems like a bad match up for me, especially seeing what success Ortiz had.
Tbh i ( along with a lot of fellow boxing posters on this site) favor deontay

Joshua seems to have no concept on how to defend a 1-2 and was rocked/dropped badly by klits in their fight with one and was repeatedly tagged with straight right hands the entire night. Klits lack of a killer instinct got joshua thru that along with some grit and resolve. Whyte also rocked joshua badly with a left hook. He seems to completley freeze up when he is hurt

Wilders money punch is the straight right hand. I see joshua convulsing on the ground in round 3

3b5fc8615865c4c0402338bb5895c491.gif

I'm excited about this card. It's quite good IMO.

You literally only listed two event. There is also RIZIN 11, ONE FC, Karate Combat and WLF on.
Will be watching UFC FN and Rizin 11 without question.

Back