Those great little moments in The Wire.

ObamaPhoneLady

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rewatching The Wire for about the fourth time and I'm almost through Season 1.

I had never really appreciated this scene before but it jumped out to me this time round as a great little character moment.

When Kima gets shot, Rawls shows up to the scene and he is in his element.

He asks what his Sgt. needs and clears the scene of all unneccesary bodies. Then he instantly breaks down the crime scene and sends his detectives exactly where Wee Bay and Little Man fled the scene. Then he snaps McNulty out of his daze and gets him up and moving again. He even finds time to be a dismissive asshole to a DEA agent who's just offering support.

Rawls is a piece of shit in a lot of ways, but you really see in that scene that he got where he is by being a good, experienced detective and a natural leader. All despite being a closeted flamer.

Really interesting multi-faceted character that has usually just annoyed me in past viewings.

rawls-finger.gif

Last edited:
The Wire is the Goat. Thinking about watching it for the 3rd time.

Six Feet Under is the GOAT.

Just finished rewatching the series for the 4th time last week.

The Wire is the truth. Maybe the best character driven show in the history of television. Acting wasn't as good as The Sopranos but Season 4 is one of the greatest seasons in the history of television.

"Omar comin'!"

Sopranos sucks. No one cares about a fat guido who cries to his shrink.
Although Sopranos is my favorite series of all time, I think The wire is objectively the GOAT. Most realistic, solid writing, season 4 is the greatest season of anything on tv, ever

However we all know you hate the sopranos because youre racist towards whites and sound poor

Although Sopranos is my favorite series of all time, I think The wire is objectively the GOAT. Most realistic, solid writing, season 4 is the greatest season of anything on tv, ever

However we all know you hate the sopranos because youre racist towards whites and sound poor

His poverty knows no bounds.

The Wire is the truth. Maybe the best character driven show in the history of television. Acting wasn't as good as The Sopranos but Season 4 is one of the greatest seasons in the history of television.

"Omar comin'!"

I'm a season 2 guy. Season's 1 and 3 are fantastic as well but I like 2 because it show you how Baltimore ended up the way it is and why it'll never come back.

Lmao @ this tag team of poverty. Must suck to be poor.

Back