Those great little moments in The Wire.

I wish I could wipe my memory of the show and watch it again for the first time. GOAT.

I just rewatched it for the 4th time. Probably the best television show of all time.

At the time I watched breaking bad and it was incredible, riveting, consuming. But I have 0 desire to rewatch it.

Theres something special about the wire that makes it re-watchable time and time again.

I just rewatched it for the 4th time. Probably the best television show of all time.

At the time I watched breaking bad and it was incredible, riveting, consuming. But I have 0 desire to rewatch it.

Theres something special about the wire that makes it re-watchable time and time again.
Agreed. I've only watched BB twice and while I loved it the first watch it was honestly very boring the second time around.

I'm a season 2 guy. Season's 1 and 3 are fantastic as well but I like 2 because it show you how Baltimore ended up the way it is and why it'll never come back.

Season 2 is always overlooked because it was such a sharp turn from Season 1 that it threw some fans off. It really was a solid season

My favorite all time! The show was incredible and well written. But just as impressive to me is that the series is really about demonstrating how societies problems have outgrown our institutions ability to deal with them. The police department, government, schools, the press are show to be very ineffective.

My favorite all time! The show was incredible and well written. But just as impressive to me is that the series is really about demonstrating how societies problems have outgrown our institutions ability to deal with them. The police department, government, schools, the press are show to be very ineffective.

It is a fucking masterpiece of television.

Honestly, it make those other series look like fucking children's finger painting.

Amongst a myriad of other commentary, it shows the paralysis of modern beauracracies and how statistics can often create unintended consequences.

"He used my name....in the street? Talk MOTHERFUCKA!"

Marlo losing his cool because despite being loaded, the streets and the game is more important to him.

Rewatching The Wire for about the fourth time and I'm almost through Season 1.

I had never really appreciated this scene before but it jumped out to me this time round as a great little character moment.

When Kima gets shot, Rawls shows up to the scene and he is in his element.

He asks what his Sgt. needs and clears the scene of all unneccesary bodies. Then he instantly breaks down the crime scene and sends his detectives exactly where Wee Bay and Little Man fled the scene. Then he snaps McNulty out of his daze and gets him up and moving again. He even finds time to be a dismissive asshole to a DEA agent who's just offering support.

Rawls is a piece of shit in a lot of ways, but you really see in that scene that he got where he is by being a good, experienced detective and a natural leader. All despite being a closeted flamer.

Really interesting multi-faceted character that has usually just annoyed me in past viewings.

rawls-finger.gif

Actually based on great small scenes from the wire I would say Rawls is far from despicable in fact he is quite brave...

I am also rewatching it and just got to the 2nd season.
The first season is fucking masterful watching all the pieces fall into play is amazing. A good one for me was before Avon got some shots taken at him by Omar and was in his club with pippin ass Orlando. It was funny to see how Orlando is clearly digging the gangster shit with all the bills around but when Avon gets payed he doesn’t even know the rules. Just another subtle piece that falls into play to show how Orlando was excluded from the game and deluded on his importance and how the set up for him to get murked is believable.

"He used my name....in the street? Talk MOTHERFUCKA!"

Marlo losing his cool because despite being loaded, the streets and the game is more important to him.

That scene at then when those dudes were glorifying Omar and embellishing his death but had no clue who the fuck he was...he's headed right back to the game.

I wish I could wipe my memory of the show and watch it again for the first time. GOAT.

I found the show to be even better the second time around. Little things that i didn't understand or missed, i caught the second time around.
It wasn't GOAT for me until that second viewing.

I always liked the scene where Chris Partlow kills Michael's father, it's so brutal and without saying any words it tells you so much about Chris' character. You watch it and you're just like "Oh shit! That guy was clearly molested as a kid." Also, he loses it so badly he leaves his DNA behind and it ends up being the murder he gets put away for in the end.

Great show.

I always liked the scene where Chris Partlow kills Michael's father, it's so brutal and without saying any words it tells you so much about Chris' character. You watch it and you're just like "Oh shit! That guy was clearly molested as a kid." Also, he loses it so badly he leaves his DNA behind and it ends up being the murder he gets put away for in the end.

Great show.

That was such an intense scene.

Chris going from completely relaxed to explosive rage was a shock. The look on Snoop's face said it all.

Back