Thought expirement: stephen thompson vs tyron woodley on the streets

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So 2 years ago, I watched tyron woodley vs stephen thompson, and I thought if woodley and thompson were on the streets they didn't know each other at all, and they were still trained in the same shit and had the same skill that they do in our universe (yes I just made a whole new universe, every choice you make, makes a new universe that is the multiverse theory).

So in this alternate universe where stephen Thompson still trains with chris weisman and and his father, and still trains with Carlos machado. And tyron woodley still trains at american top team, and rofusport. But both never fought in the ufc but somehow miraculously have the same skill they have in our universe. Who would win if they just got into a fight on the streets. No preparation, and no watching or studying videos of their fights who wins?

So 2 years ago, I watched tyron woodley vs stephen thompson, and I thought if woodley and thompson were on the streets they didn't know each other at all, and they were still trained in the same shit and had the same skill that they do in our universe (yes I just made a whole new universe, every choice you make, makes a new universe that is the multiverse theory).

So in this alternate universe where stephen Thompson still trains with chris weisman and and his father, and still trains with Carlos machado. And tyron woodley still trains at american top team, and rofusport. But both never fought in the ufc but somehow miraculously have the same skill they have in our universe. Who would win if they just got into a fight on the streets. No preparation, and no watching or studying videos of their fights who wins?

Is it on grass or concrete?

Either way UFC GOAT Arthem Lobov and Charlie Z whups both

I imagine they throw down, Tyron ends up on top and starts throwing punches, then his boys pull him off creating the illusion that he just 'kicked his ass' - as is the case with virtually all street fights.

Tyrone wins by wearing a track suit, Thompson is wear a nice shirt and skinny jeans, too tight to kick and he doesn't want to get his shirt dirty......

I’ve been in more street fights than I’m proud to admit. From my experience it’s all about aggression, chin, having ko punch power, and even decent punching technique to make sure more of your punches land than his. Wrestling is a big factor too if someone goes for a takedown or slam. If you go for it you need to have the skills to maintain top position and strike while doing it (which is easier said than done against a strong and adrenaline filled opponent) or if someone goes for it one you, you have to be able to stop or get up fast. Distance is usually too close for effective kicks (though I have used a kick in two different fights). And the objective is very different from an mma fight. In a street fight the objective is to inflict as much damage or ko your opponent as quickly as possible, so it is usually continous striking by each fighter until one goes down. If I could pick a UFC fighter to have my back in a street fight it would be guys like Anthony Johnson, John Linekar, prime Wanderlei Silva, Conor McG, etc. (not great wrestlers by UFC standards but certainly have more than enough skill to deal with any attempted street takedown.

Based on all these factors I’d heavily favor Woodley to box Woderboy up. Woodley has insane ko power when he wants to use it. Woodley almost kod him in their first fight, and that was in a ring size and with rules and objectives that play into Stephens strengths. In close quarters like a bar or something, Woodley would be able to repeatedly slam him around if he wanted to.

Not to mention, street mentality and experience does come in to play, and Woodley is from one of the worst most gang infested areas of the country, and he used to be gang affiliated and has some war stories. Stephen doesn’t have that street experience.

I’ve been in more street fights than I’m proud to admit. From my experience it’s all about aggression, chin, having ko punch power, and even decent punching technique to make sure more of your punches land than his. Wrestling is a big factor too if someone goes for a takedown or slam. If you go for it you need to have the skills to maintain top position and strike while doing it (which is easier said than done against a strong and adrenaline filled opponent) or if someone goes for it one you, you have to be able to stop or get up fast. Distance is usually too close for effective kicks (though I have used a kick in two different fights). And the objective is very different from an mma fight. In a street fight the objective is to inflict as much damage or ko your opponent as quickly as possible, so it is usually continous striking by each fighter until one goes down. If I could pick a UFC fighter to have my back in a street fight it would be guys like Anthony Johnson, John Linekar, prime Wanderlei Silva, Conor McG, etc. (not great wrestlers by UFC standards but certainly have more than enough skill to deal with any attempted street takedown.

Based on all these factors I’d heavily favor Woodley to box Woderboy up. Woodley has insane ko power when he wants to use it. Woodley almost kod him in their first fight, and that was in a ring size and with rules and objectives that play into Stephens strengths. In close quarters like a bar or something, Woodley would be able to repeatedly slam him around if he wanted to.

Not to mention, street mentality and experience does come in to play, and Woodley is from one of the worst most gang infested areas of the country, and he used to be gang affiliated and has some war stories. Stephen doesn’t have that street experience.

I did not know he was gang affiliated, he seems a little more civil to be in a gang, and doesn't talk like Kevin lee. He would be a better fighter then any gang member in their too.

I did not know he was gang affiliated, he seems a little more civil to be in a gang, and doesn't talk like Kevin lee. He would be a better fighter then any gang member in their too.

‘‘Twas in his teenage years I think. Like 20 years ago, but he went to college, grew up and got out of that life at a young age.

‘‘Twas in his teenage years I think. Like 20 years ago, but he went to college, grew up and got out of that life at a young age.

Learn something new everyday. I know 2 gang members that want to turn their life around too, their both Latin kings and they use to box too. One of them claims to be a 7x golden gloves champion.

I also met the founder of the bloods, he came to my gym in NYC (back when I was training in nyc). He helps out kids with their boxing now. But it's not surprising for a former gang member to follow a fight career they have the potential to be great fighters, but a lot of them are too arrogant, or just too deep into the gang life, that they just stay in the gang. It is a rule in gangs that if you try to leave the gang they kill you. When I was getting my sora license, the security class told us that this guy and his brother joined the Latin kings and when one of them tried to leave, they told him if he leaves they would kill his brother, then he said fuck it and left them they killed both of them.

And the weird thing is, one gang, has an application. Which is really bizarre but basically some of the shit on that application is that you have to put down where all of your family addresses are at. And including your girls address. And I just looked up if tyron woodley was in a gang and aparently cub Swanson was in a gang too.

Well woodley wouldn’t necessarily have a wall to back up against to spring from, so maybe more chances for a wonderboy counter, but I’d imagine it probably still end with a woodley overhand and swift follow up

Wonderboy runs away easy.

Do you think he'll run through an alley and then spring off the wall to superman punch woodley.
He'd run to his car and drive away like a normal person would. Not stay and fight some buff black dude. No room for n*gga moments here.

He'd run to his car and drive away like a normal person would. Not stay and fight some buff black dude. No room for n*gga moments here.

But theirs always room for n*gga moments. Their has to be.

Street fight threads are still a thing? :/

Back