Thoughts after Tindering

P

Pugilistic

I guess this goes for online dating apps in general.

1. This comes as no surprise but it's so shallow and superficial. I'm swiping on woman after woman trying so damn hard to look pretty. After the umpteenth time of seeing a chick doing her best to do a cute pose, they all start to look the same. Almost every chick has the same exact pose and I started to swipe right on chicks who show a bit more creativity. And to be fair, I start feeling like a shallow douchebag for judging people based on nothing but their looks.

2. It's just funny how so many women are trying so hard to look good using lighting, make up, angles, etc. They just come off as try-hards as it doesn't seem natural. Then there are the ones who are not even good looking or obviously fat despite their best efforts to hide it.

3. Seriously if you're going to try so hard, why not put in the effort to lose some weight? Some of these chicks don't even try to hide it. I see whales trying to look sexy wearing bikinis or whatnot. Half the fun of using tinder is looking at these trainwrecks.

4. Then there are the girls who really got the short end of the genetic lottery. I don't want to rag on somebody for being ugly but holy shit some of these chicks are hideous. I feel sorry for them yet I wonder why they even try on an obviously superficial platform like tinder.

6. Some women don't even try at all. There are photo choices that make me go
{<huh}
Extreme close ups of their face where you can't really make out if they're hot or not. Photos where you can't even see their face. Some people only use group photos so you don't know which they are. Profiles that only have pics with those stupid filters women love to use so you can't really tell what they look like. Some of them don't even put up a photo of themselves on it. A few blur out their faces. 'Why be on tinder at all it?' it makes me wonder.

7. This one makes me laugh the most. There are so many women with profiles that say, "Only here looking for friends. No hook up." They're looking for friendships so they go on a dating app? Makes sense.

8. It makes me wonder how bad it is on the other side of the coin. I'm sure plenty of men would have profiles just as stupid or worse.

9. Superficiality goes both ways. I'm a manlet with an average looking face but I do think I have a decently built body. I noticed I had more matches after I used pics where I'm showing my body more.

10. The only chicks who want to bang right away were ugly whales. I couldn't go through with it because they were so below my standards. I did however, meet one girl despite her unattractiveness, who was very impressive in her achievements and financial status. I wonder if I should have banged her so I could basically get a sugar mama.

The whole experience is distasteful. I don't know if it adds to or is just a reflection of the current generation's addiction to smartphones and the need to strip away the humanity of even something as personal as dating to make it convenient as possible. I'm a manlet with an average looking face so perhaps that is why I'm not a fan of the superficiality but meeting women in real life has proven to be more effective for me. Considering my manlet status, I think I am proof that human interaction is about more than just how we look but apps like tinder just strip all of that away. Approaching women in real life takes more work but perhaps expecting a woman to show up to bang at the tap of a finger isn't how it should be done.

I'll cliff your own post for you fam:

-modern dating culture is trash
-men and women are superficial as hell especially with dating apps
-people try too hard in their profiles
-lots of fugly people according to ts
-tons of women being basic as hell and acting the exact same in pics/profiles
- @Pugilistic is a manlet, but not a bad built/looking manlet

I'll cliff your own post for you fam:

-modern dating culture is trash
-men and women are superficial as hell especially with dating apps
-people try too hard in their profiles
-lots of fugly people according to ts
-tons of women being basic as hell and acting the exact same in pics/profiles
- @Pugilistic is a manlet, but not a bad built/looking manlet

lol fucking perfect. Especially the last part.
But being a good looking manlet is like being 6'6 with a mirco-penis

Tinder is old news brah. Around here only the stragglers are still using it.

Bumble and Coffee Meets Bagel see significantly better quality.

The problem has always been that people don't understand relationships and social dynamics.

Dating apps just made it more noticeable since meet ups are more common.

It takes time to get good at building relationships, and an app isn't going to fix that problem.

Somehow TS manages to act like he's above Tinder and admit willingly dating "ugly whales" from Tinder in the same post.

Don't you guys still go out to bars/clubs to meet broads? That way you can just see a chick you think is hot in person and try talking to her.

I get using the online stuff too for maximizing options, but don't rule out other means either.

Don't you guys still go out to bars/clubs to meet broads? That way you can just see a chick you think is hot in person and try talking to her.

I get using the online stuff too for maximizing options, but don't rule out other means either.
That's exactly what I do. I'm probably an oddity among my age group but I remember hunting skills being a point of pride for a man. I couldn't wait to be of age so I could start bringing them back.

Nah, apps have search, filtering, pics, and profiles. Who cares about the 3 to 5 women you could've talked to on your way to your date.

The matching algorithm is 95% sure that this one is the one.

I'm pretty selective in my right swipes. Fake profiles with IG models, uggos and whales, or girls that are obviously super into themselves get left swiped. I've found a niche, really. Fairly attractive nerdy girls usually go for sgtjumpy.

I've noticed that most of my matches with "No hookups," in their profile, that I've actually gone out with, are DTF. The no hookups line is there to keep predators/creeps away. Tinder is very superficial, but I actually enjoy reading profiles, especially meme-ish ones.

Lol @ Bumble and CMB being better than tinder. Bumble is ladies first, so you cannot easily troll if you're so inclined, and CMB is a legit dating app for people looking for romance, but you're very limited in how many matches you can get without paying for beans or what ever they call them.

not many people find a mate through dating apps. most girls on there are: SUPERFICIAL,losers, ,freak dirty whores, delusional , trannies, gold diggers, mental wrecks, prostitutes, or fake people who use other people's pics who you'll never meet. if you want a date, the best way is through someone you know who can hook you up. dont waste your thought, time or money on that online dating crap. if you're looking for quick pussy then yes but even then be careful because there's alot of shady people out there.

Last edited:
My town is dead for Tinder for some reason. The only matches I get are like 400lb single mothers with peg legs and down syndrome and then when I break down and decide I've gotta bang something they just end up ignoring me. I thought maybe it was just because I'm a hideous beast but I was talking to my trainer the other day, who's young and good looking and shredded - it's the exact same shit for him. But then I spend a day in Calgary and I get like 30 good matches easy. I need to move to dat city

not many people find a mate through dating apps. most girls on there are: SUPERFICIAL,losers, ,freak dirty whores, delusional , trannies, gold diggers, mental wrecks, prostitutes, or fake people who use other people's pics who you'll never meet. if you want a date, the best way is through someone you know who can hook you up. dont waste your thought, time or money on that crap. if you're looking for quick pussy then yes but even then be careful, there's alot of evil people out there.

Reminds me of a girl I met a few years ago and what my manager/friend told me at the time:
After seeing some photos of her, and admitting she was cute, he wondered why she was bothering to use a dating app since it would be relatively easy for her to find a guy without electronic assistance; more than likely she had some sort of weird personality disorder. He was damn right.

Breaking news: Man comes to realization that women all becoming shallow skanks who bang so much before marriage they have to not respect their husband for marrying them, is bad.

Back