thoughts on bare knuckle fights?

they should allow palm strikes, karate chops, and elbows

An old Roy Jones stopped Bobby Gun who if I'm not mistaken was a big deal in the bare knuckle scene.

I think it is skilled, however, those with the most skill will go where the biggest paydays are in my view.

If you could fight at that high level, you would. No disrespect, but I view it the same way I view the street ball circuit to the NBA. The NBA is the premier league. There are skilled players in the street competitions, but very few would make it to the league. Even fewer, if any, could become elite level.

He stopped him in regular boxing which is nothing special. If they fought bare knuckle it would be a different matter.

The argument about pay is what most high level boxers say about mma fighters who are strikers, "if they could box they would be where the money is and do boxing"

Bareknuckle is a different beast entirely and attraxts a diffetent type of fighter. If more money comes into it and they smooth out the rules as per clinching it could get bigger.

Still mma is more brutal, taking 'bare' elbows, knees and kicks is enough so bareknuckle boxing is in some ways more gentle by comparison although obviously no way to lay and pray to escape the striking.
But visually it is more bloody.

He stopped him in regular boxing which is nothing special. If they fought bare knuckle it would be a different matter.

The argument about pay is what most high level boxers say about mma fighters who are strikers, "if they could box they would be where the money is and do boxing"

Bareknuckle is a different beast entirely and attraxts a diffetent type of fighter. If more money comes into it and they smooth out the rules as per clinching it could get bigger.

Still mma is more brutal, taking 'bare' elbows, knees and kicks is enough so bareknuckle boxing is in some ways more gentle by comparison although obviously no way to lay and pray to escape the striking.
But visually it is more bloody.

I disagree. RJJ knows his stuff. He stopped him in a fist fight. The transfer I doubt is going to be that great where the tables are just drastically turned. RJJ has 47 wins by KO. It can be assessed that his hands and power would hold up in a fist fight of any kind.

they should allow palm strikes, karate chops, and elbows

in Wyoming, looks like you can palm strike and karate chop (just not the throat or "towards the throat"). i didn't see anything banning it, but i just skimmed the rules. no elbows allowed though. funny, you can't use "abusive language" so that might rule out the Diaz brothers in ring trash talk

Bobby Gunn is a fucking joke, and so was his last bare knuckle "fight" (which was obviously a work). He's a modern day Frank Dux. If you can give me one specific example of why you think he'd have more success against Jones in Bare Knuckle, I'd love to hear it. The outcome of the fight would be the same, just dramatically expedited due to the rules.

As for WBKFF, one of my fighters was offered a contract through them. The opponent and terms of the contract changed an uncountable number of times before the fight was scrapped entirely. With Paul Taylor out, and Bas in, I have some faith that they can right the ship to some degree. Bare Knuckle FC has proven to be a superior product so far.

Bobby Gunn is a fucking joke, and so was his last bare knuckle "fight" (which was obviously a work). He's a modern day Frank Dux. If you can give me one specific example of why you think he'd have more success against Jones in Bare Knuckle, I'd love to hear it. The outcome of the fight would be the same, just dramatically expedited due to the rules.

As for WBKFF, one of my fighters was offered a contract through them. The opponent and terms of the contract changed an uncountable number of times before the fight was scrapped entirely. With Paul Taylor out, and Bas in, I have some faith that they can right the ship to some degree. Bare Knuckle FC has proven to be a superior product so far.
You got more info on this I only knew about him from his fight with RJJ and Adamek, and kind of forgot about him. Now he comes up talking about being the bare knuckle world champ with 60+ fights.. and his fight in the bkfc looked questionable as fuck.

You got more info on this I only knew about him from his fight with RJJ and Adamek, and kind of forgot about him. Now he comes up talking about being the bare knuckle world champ with 60+ fights.. and his fight in the bkfc looked questionable as fuck.
You summed it up nicely honestly.

He fought two guys with winning records over the course of 17 fights and over a decade in the sport. He disappears, and during this hiatus amassed a record of like “78-0” in unsubstantiated bare knuckle matches, the few that exist on video are either suspect or against Irish Uber drivers, he comes back to boxing and gets smoked against anyone worth a damn, and now participated in worked Bare Knuckle matches while being the self proclaimed king of the sport.

Like I said: Frank Dux.

All I know is getting punched bare knuckle stings a hell of a lot more than mma gloves. Also, broken hands

Last edited:
This is nothing new. The Brazilians already practiced this was called Vale Tudo.

This is nothing new. The Brazilians already practiced this was called Vale Tudo.

Vale Tudo is nothing like Bare Knuckle boxing at all. The only commonality is the fact that participants don’t wear gloves.

Gary Goodridge reached down a competitors short and crushed his nuts, Gerard Gordeau eye gouged his opponent causing permanent blindness in that eye, and Wandy soccer kicked his way to fame in Vale Tudo. Vale Tudo essentially translates into “anything goes,” which is the furtherest thing from BKB. Comparing the two makes little sense.

Vale Tudo is nothing like Bare Knuckle boxing at all. The only commonality is the fact that participants don’t wear gloves.

Gary Goodridge reached down a competitors short and crushed his nuts, Gerard Gordeau eye gouged his opponent causing permanent blindness in that eye, and Wandy soccer kicked his way to fame in Vale Tudo. Vale Tudo essentially translates into “anything goes,” which is the furtherest thing from BKB. Comparing the two makes little sense.
You are totally cheated on the VALE TUDO was punch in the hand unprotected lame as in Lethwei, had equal head to Lethwei and only wins by knockout or quitting. At that time he had no punctuation.

Any VALE TUDO fighter would win a Lethwei fighter

RJJ can beat almost anybody in a fist fight. Bare hands or gloves. So it's no wonder he defeated Gunn.
Bare knuckle is whole different from boxing.

Back