Thoughts On Chris Eubank Jr.

FightGuyOpenMind

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I didn't even know he fought this weekend. The last I remember he had a rough outing against Groves. Groves just appeared to be a step ahead of him, making Eubank almost look predictable, timing his head movement and feinting to force his move. Eubank fought hard, but Groves played the matador to his bull.

Eubank claims he was in the gym the next day following that fight. On the 28th he stopped McDonagh.

He is humble in saying "you win some you lose some" and he is ready to prove doubters wrong. The critics thought he should retire after the Groves loss, however, he was not convinced of this.

"It's all talk, obviously no one is retiring. People see a fighter and they think oh well he's done now.....that's mad. The best fighters, the best champions are the guys who've come back from defeat and come back stronger." ---(Eubank Jr)

What are your thoughts on Eubank Jr. and his future in boxing.

He needs a trainer simple as that, I can come again and may be able to compete at the top level with a trainer, he is definitely an athlete and I think he could probably move down a weight. He only has two looses and both where points.

From what i've seen and I could be completely wrong, but he seems like a bully puncher who'd break if he couldn't land a flush punch. Skilled and athletic but way too rudimentary in terms of the sweet science. Guys like that won't carry in the Elite ranks.

From what i've seen and I could be completely wrong, but he seems like a bully puncher who'd break if he couldn't land a flush punch. Skilled and athletic but way too rudimentary in terms of the sweet science. Guys like that won't carry in the Elite ranks.

He’s got a granite chin like his old man. His problem is his technical ability and lack of trainer

He needs to fuck his old man off, bloke is holding him back big time. Get a legit elite trainer and see where he could go from there.

McDonagh was giving him a tough time until the shoulder injury and pull-out.

They don't listen to Ronnie Davies in that camp. They don't have the proper relationship they need for Eubank Jr to learn there and I don't think it's salvageable, his Dad needs to take a back-seat and he needs to hook up with a new coach.

McDonagh was giving him a tough time until the shoulder injury and pull-out.

They don't listen to Ronnie Davies in that camp. They don't have the proper relationship they need for Eubank Jr to learn there and I don't think it's salvageable, his Dad needs to take a back-seat and he needs to hook up with a new coach.

Not really

Over talked about overly promoted brawler who will never be his dad.

I don't rate him.

He'll never be Chris Eubank, that's for sure....... wait........ shit.

Chris Eubank Jr. is an endless motor while surprisingly showing great stamina even on fumes going into the 12th. I'd like to see him fight Golovkin. And it be funnier if Gennady lost to him. It would elevated all the doubt surrounding Eubank, especially since Golovkin is more comforatable at 168

Over talked about overly promoted brawler who will never be his dad.

I don't rate him.

I still think he has real potential if he makes the right changes now. He’s as durable as anyone, great tank, heart and can bang. He needs a top coach and he needs to utilise tactics. He’s come unstuck against guys with more natural ability but I could see him beating both if he knuckles down and losses the ego

I still think he has real potential if he makes the right changes now. He’s as durable as anyone, great tank, heart and can bang. He needs a top coach and he needs to utilise tactics. He’s come unstuck against guys with more natural ability but I could see him beating both if he knuckles down and losses the ego
I think that's genetic though. And being around his father and having tgat thought pattern?

It'd be like trying to teach an old dog new tricks. And an arrogant old dog at that.

I can't see it mate. Maybe in an ideal world.

Physically really talented, but just technically awful. Also, just from the videos he posts of him training, it seems like he focuses a lot on physical fitness (which is great) and less on developing his boxing skills. Just very basic overall and not that much power. Good enough that he'll look good against come forward guys with little defense. But I don't see him sniffing a title at 168 or even 160.

I think that's genetic though. And being around his father and having tgat thought pattern?

It'd be like trying to teach an old dog new tricks. And an arrogant old dog at that.

I can't see it mate. Maybe in an ideal world.

I agree, he ain’t going to make any tough changes or decisions so he’ll probably never win a world title. He’s just too limited in certain areas, which was abundantly clear against groves

he's a great athlete, great speed and stamina but he's too small for 168 and he needs to be more technical. He trained with Floyd Snr for his last fight and was using his jab much more.

He needs a trainer simple as that, I can come again and may be able to compete at the top level with a trainer, he is definitely an athlete and I think he could probably move down a weight. He only has two looses and both where points.

Yeah, and he didn't lose to bums. Groves just competed in the Super Series Finals. He lost but made it to the dance. His only losses prior were to Badou Jack and Carl Froch. BJS is undefeated. No shame in losing to either of those especially on points.

I think people saw that he had a problem against boxers, and perhaps he needs to improve his footwork. In his latest fight he appeared to move better in my view.

Everytime i have seen him fight, he always resorts to throwing shitty shots like Wilder does when he thinks he is having success.

As others have mentioned, he needs to actually improve his boxing skills, but i feel it is too far gone for any change in style now.

I thought he looked ok in this latest fight. He was actually using his jab a fair bit which is unusual for him. I agree that he needs to go with a world-class coach but I also feel it could be too late for any big changes as he seems quite boneheaded. He certainly doesn't have his father's power but makes up for it by having much better stamina.

I didn't even know he fought this weekend. The last I remember he had a rough outing against Groves. Groves just appeared to be a step ahead of him, making Eubank almost look predictable, timing his head movement and feinting to force his move. Eubank fought hard, but Groves played the matador to his bull.

Eubank claims he was in the gym the next day following that fight. On the 28th he stopped McDonagh.

He is humble in saying "you win some you lose some" and he is ready to prove doubters wrong. The critics thought he should retire after the Groves loss, however, he was not convinced of this.

"It's all talk, obviously no one is retiring. People see a fighter and they think oh well he's done now.....that's mad. The best fighters, the best champions are the guys who've come back from defeat and come back stronger." ---(Eubank Jr)

What are your thoughts on Eubank Jr. and his future in boxing.
well, having an eye for the sport, i could see he had a lot of talent just from his training, a lot of drive too, the things we couldn't see and can't see until fight time are things like heart, chin, adaptability, ring intelligence. Takes more than a couple things in this sport. I still thought with what's around that he should have done well, and he did well, he just lost a fight (or two was it?) no big deal. If he can step back and realize he needs to do more things than he did before he'll be fine.

Back