Thoughts on Colby Covington vs Rafael Dos Anjos?

Yo Tipster!

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Another interim title fight set for UFC 222, Covington being lined up to face Dos Anjos.

Would put money on RDA taking this win and cementing his position as top contender.

Guess this makes sense in terms of ranking status except Wonderboy misses out. Also hearing that Wonderboy is wanted by Covington and Till. Where is this guy and what's the reason behind his absence in the UFC of late?

C Woodley, Tyron Tyron Woodley

1 Thompson, Stephen Stephen Thompson

2 Dos Anjos, Rafael Rafael Dos Anjos

3 Covington, Colby Colby Covington

4 Lawler, Robbie Robbie Lawler

5 Maia, Demian Demian Maia

6 Masvidal, Jorge Jorge Masvidal

7 Usman, Kamaru Kamaru Usman

7 Till, Darren Darren Till

9 Magny, Neil Neil Magny

10 Ponzinibbio, Santiago Santiago Ponzinibbio

Full story here.

My thoughts:

1. Good fight.
2. No need for an interim belt.
3. RDA beats his ass.

Thanks.

Rarely is there a fight with such an obvious "good guy" and "bad guy".

Colby Will get murked, badly.

Even worse if he makes it to the octogon and fight RDA.

Colby barely got passed Maia's world class boxing, RDA is gonna wreck him.

Unless Colby can take RDA down at will and keep him there, which seems very unlikely, I don't see how he can match up on the feet. I'm thinking he gets bloodied up to a dominant unanimous decision victory for RDA.

Why the hell is this for an interim title fight?! So damn stupid...

Other than that, good fight.

How is Covington 3? His only win is against Maia. Who is 40+ and has 1 good round in him.
Covington managed to get outclassed in the feet by an incredibly slow and old Maia.
Maia has never done that to anyone.

Cutting your opponent in the last 30 seconds causing blood is a great performance?

The only way Colby
Looked good in that fight is a Still photograph.

170 has really nosedived. I’d pick gsp against about everyone in that list.

There’s some good fighters but most are past it And no real stars coming out of that top 10. Except for till. I really like him.

Interim titles mean nothing anyways. It’s just for fringe fans who watch fights based on title or not. Legitimacy of the belt doesn’t matter at all.
The only problem I have with the interim title is that one of these guys will then fight for a tile.
I wouldn’t pay for Woodley vs either of the two

I think Colby gets it done, hate all you want...but it is going to happen and RDA can retire.

Interim titles should be illegal. Let's stop calling these "titles." I know they want to sell more PPVs but can we please just refer to these as "number one contender" fights.

Interim title? Why not a ladder match?

Why is it for an interim title?
as a selling point

the fight is okay but making it for interim belt makes the ufc and the fight a joke

colby doesn't deserve to be fighting for the belt
he has 1 good win... maia

RDA by 20 punch combo tko along the fence, if maia could touch colby..RDA will destroy him..see lawler vs RDA

Another reason people don't like Woodley. If he doesn't want to fight RDA and wants to chase a money fight against a non-contender then he should be stripped and RDA an take the belt. Woodley thinks he's something he's not. His title titles fight are among the most boring ever and all he does is cry because he thinks he deserves a title fight. He's so delusional that he believes, after shitty fights, that he is near GSP in terms of greatest at WW. Guy is a joke.

I'll actually be rooting for RDA for once

To be fair, Colby used his wrestling strictly defensively again Maia. Against RDA, Colby is going to do his best to NCAA him.

Either RDA finish or Colby decision and as much as I dislike Colby I see him winning.

Back