Thoughts on this pyramid? Agree? Disagree?

I think there is truth to it but I also see it as an example of a problematic trend of certain leftists. They want to draw red lines in everyday speech and argue that those who engage in mundane things like rape jokes are complicit in these larger crimes. But these more mundane examples aside, I think there's a good point here about how normalizing things like minor sexual assault(ass grabbing) can pave the way for more egregious acts.

This has been my primary criticism of the left...

You articulated it here quite brilliantly

I think there is truth to it but I also see it as an example of a problematic trend of certain leftists. They want to draw red lines in everyday speech and argue that those who engage in mundane things like rape jokes are complicit in these larger crimes. But these more mundane examples aside, I think there's a good point here about how normalizing things like minor sexual assault(ass grabbing) can pave the way for more egregious acts.

This has been my primary criticism of the left...

You articulated it here quite brilliantly

But that is kind of the point of putting "Rape jokes" at the bottom of the pyramid. I think the bottom of the pyramid is supposed to be borderline mundane, because it is the most casual layer of the pyramid. Basically that layer is the way people talk and interact, and the attitudes that they perpetuate.

Where I see a problem is putting "rape jokes" on the same level of the pyramid as "unequal pay" as if making a joke about anything is as egregious as robbing somebody of the opportunity to earn a fair wage. That part is weird to me.

Unequal pay is actually lower on the pyramid than whistling. That makes no sense at all. Whistling at somebody is not even close to being as harmful as underpaying them based on gender.

It goes along with the general consensus here that the pyramid's overall point is legitimate, but most people would rework a lot of it to make more sense.

But that is kind of the point of putting "Rape jokes" at the bottom of the pyramid. I think the bottom of the pyramid is supposed to be borderline mundane, because it is the most casual layer of the pyramid. Basically that layer is the way people talk and interact, and the attitudes that they perpetuate.

Where I see a problem is putting "rape jokes" on the same level of the pyramid as "unequal pay" as if making a joke about anything is as egregious as robbing somebody of the opportunity to earn a fair wage. That part is weird to me.

Unequal pay is actually lower on the pyramid than whistling. That makes no sense at all. Whistling at somebody is not even close to being as harmful as underpaying them based on gender.

It goes along with the general consensus here that the pyramid's overall point is legitimate, but most people would rework a lot of it to make more sense.
I know, I still think its problematic to implicate such mundane speech in the perpetuation of rape which is essentially what the pyramid does.

I assume that per the pyramid rape only gappens to females i'll say this

If i go to prison and get fucked in the ass and i cum, who raped who?

See what i did there

Back