Thousands of leading AI researchers sign pledge against killer robots

Make no bones about it, Fedor thinks you're a fucking jerk too.

Fedor is a wise man. He probably realizes how utterly despicable we are as a species and how much better for the earth it would be if the Terminators terminated us.

Fedor is a wise man. He probably realizes how utterly despicable we are as a species and how much better for the earth it would be if the Terminators terminated us.
You really believe that?

You really believe that?

This has more become a very off the cuff thread

Trots is just having some nihilism fun

Or he’s finally come to grips that communism will never work and doesn’t know what to do with his life. One or the other

You really believe that?

Ecologically, it is undeniable.

Existentially and morally, it's hard to deny. No species in known existence so brazenly fails to utilize its own abilities to its own species's detriment and moreover consciously takes actions toward destroying itself and all other known lifeforms out of sheer selfishness and arrogance. As the old saying goes, persons are good and people are bad - and, sadly, it is not coherent to judge our species based on its good persons (as, to be sure, the greatest and most moral individual animals in existence are humans as well) instead of on its bad people.

Existentially and morally, it's hard to deny. No species in known existence so brazenly fails to utilize its own abilities to its own specie's detriment and moreover consciously takes actions toward destroying itself and all other known lifeforms out of sheer selfishness and arrogance. As the old saying goes, persons are good and people are bad - and, sadly, it is not coherent to judge our species based on its good persons (as, to be sure, the greatest and most moral individual animals in existence are humans as well) instead of on its bad people.
OMG you're right! Let's just pour a cold one and enjoy the decline comrade.

Existentially and morally, it's hard to deny. No species in known existence so brazenly fails to utilize its own abilities to its own specie's detriment and moreover consciously takes actions toward destroying itself and all other known lifeforms out of sheer selfishness and arrogance. As the old saying goes, persons are good and people are bad - and, sadly, it is not coherent to judge our species based on its good persons (as, to be sure, the greatest and most moral individual animals in existence are humans as well) instead of on its bad people.

So we can put you as a yes for buying those automatic killer robots? Are you sure you don't want the WMD upgrade?

Zombie apocalypse, I could hold my own in

AI taking over the world? All it needs to do is corrupt my google maps and I’ll follow that shit without a second thought

[<dunn]

I'm dead.

Figuratively from your post, literally from the bots.

Fuck, I hope robots wipe out the human race.

But I also hope that they develop some sort of appreciation for other species. Because, while an army of Arnolds mowing down piece of shit humans does warm my spirits, the thought of them rendering extinct other animals like dogs, cats, possums, and orangutans is just sad.

It would probably be more huma- hmm... robane? It's probably more robane to kill the dogs, too. If the robots don't get em, the cats will.

hqdefault.jpg

But I also hope that they develop some sort of appreciation for other species. Because, while an army of Arnolds mowing down piece of shit humans does warm my spirits, the thought of them rendering extinct other animals like dogs, cats, possums, and orangutans is just sad.
I believe you based on your posting history.

And the funny thing is how that plays into the narrative that so many on the far left are driven by a self loathing and nothing positive.

I thought the real danger of AI was that it would become a super genius and then like a nanosecond later it would decide to kill us all without us specifically programming it. Are these "leading researchers" who are teaching computers how to find spam emails or the optimum way to get mouse clicks promising to give up their path in life to avoid this?

I believe you based on your posting history.

And the funny thing is how that plays into the narrative that so many on the far left are driven by a self loathing and nothing positive.

I don't know about self-loathing. I don't loathe myself. I know that, whatever faults I may have, I am better than most and am trying to curb the shittiness of persons such as yourself. I don't contribute to (or at least I consciously try to limit my contribution to) poverty, suffering, destruction of the planet, etc.

So, no, I don't hate myself. I just hate you. And that hate for you doesn't drive or motivate me to do much of anything but feel sad. It's my love for other human beings and for life itself that motivates me to be a leftist and to work hard to further leftist causes.

I thought the real danger of AI was that it would become a super genius and then like a nanosecond later it would decide to kill us all without us specifically programming it. Are these "leading researchers" who are teaching computers how to find spam emails or the optimum way to get mouse clicks promising to give up their path in life to avoid this?

Real danger of AI:

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't know about self-loathing. I don't loathe myself. I know that, whatever faults I may have, I am better than most and am trying to curb the shittiness of persons such as yourself. I don't contribute to (or at least I consciously try to limit my contribution to) poverty, suffering, destruction of the planet, etc.

So, no, I don't hate myself. I just hate you. And that hate for you doesn't drive or motivate me to do much of anything but feel sad. It's my love for other human beings and for life itself that motivates me to be a leftist and to work hard to further leftist causes.
haha as you wish horrendous death on each and every one of them.

Keep lying to yourself. As I said, you are evidence #1 that many and maybe even most on the far left suffer from self loathing but also are delusional and dishonest even with themselves about their motivations.

haha as you wish horrendous death on each and every one of them.

Where did I do that?

Keep lying to yourself. As I said, you are evidence #1 that many and maybe even most on the far left suffer from self loathing but also are delusional and dishonest even with themselves about their motivations.

And you are "evidence #1" that many and maybe even most on the right are really, really stupid - such that you cannot understand motivations of others that don't relate to some aspersion on the person's character.

Where did I do that?
You're making this too easy.

And you are "evidence #1" that many and maybe even most on the right are really, really stupid - such that you cannot understand motivations of others that don't relate to some aspersion on the person's character.
You've made your motivations pretty clear bruh. You wish misery and death on all mankind while pretending that what you advocate for would be good for humankind.

Are the AI researchers over in China, Nth Korea, or Iran signing it too then?
Like i always say, if something can be done, it will be. Plus it's military and that means killer robots are guaranteed to be created.

Back