Thread Prefix Tags are now Active in the War Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those tags look repug and are not useful because most important political topics affect several “categories.”

Just because you can add a feature doesn’t mean you should.

Also:
War on whites
Science is fake
Universalized anecdote

Last edited:
They are visually unpleasant.

Nice to be able to skip all the "Social" ones quickly now.

If there's an option to do this I take back the above statement. But I doubt it. I'd say 90% of the Social and Crime tags are irrelevant bullshit.

Sorry, but this shit is lame. It was fun drifting into a thread and being surprised.
Sherdog doesn’t need to be tamed and predictable. JMO

Who the hell came up with "crime"?? as a tag?
Now those obnoxious tags are going to flood the pages every time a pocket gets picked by somebody who fits a demographic the TS has an issue with.

nevermind. would also be nice if we could delete our posts again....

So I just went to start a thread, just to see which suffixes were decided on and how they're applied, but I didn't see an option to employ them. Is this something the TS has the power to do, or is it the mods who add the suffixes once the thread is created?

Next to the thread title, click on the bit that says "No Prefix".

One last post on this for me; I think if the suffix were colorless it would be much more appealing/ less cartoonish/ less high-school binder-esque.

nevermind. would also be nice if we could delete our posts again....
That's my fault. I asked why I couldn't delete posts here, while others could. They graciously removed the ability for everyone. Very mid-20th-century bureaucratic move.

They are visually unpleasant.

If there's an option to do this I take back the above statement. But I doubt it. I'd say 90% of the Social and Crime tags are irrelevant bullshit.

If you click on any of them, it will filter the forum to only show that topic. So you can't necessarily filter out a topic but you could click a different one and no longer have to see social or crime that way.

Who the hell came up with "crime"?? as a tag?
Now those obnoxious tags are going to flood the pages every time a pocket gets picked by somebody who fits a demographic the TS has an issue with.

They kinda already do that though. I just went through the last few pages and I think crime may be the largest percentage of threads here. It doesn't stop us from dumping when needed.

One last post on this for me; I think if the suffix were colorless it would be much more appealing/ less cartoonish/ less high-school binder-esque.

So maybe just have them all grey with the wording inside? It seems like most of the criticism is the color scheme which can be fixed easily. We just need as much feedback as possible what about the color(s) of each should be adjusted.

That's my fault. I asked why I couldn't delete posts here, while others could. They graciously removed the ability for everyone. Very mid-20th-century bureaucratic move.

You are literally why we can't have nice things.

So maybe just have them all grey with the wording inside? It seems like most of the criticism is the color scheme which can be fixed easily. We just need as much feedback as possible what about the color(s) of each should be adjusted.
Not even grey; the suffix in a bubble with no color filling. ie ©

What would the suffixes for each one be?

I guess they can stay the same (crime should go though (IMO), not every crime is threadworthy -- and even if people are compelled to start a thread for every crime that appears in the local paper, it doesn't make them worthy of one of these rare suffixes).

If you spend any time in the Heavies you may have noticed the use of thread prefix tags for thread categories.
Examples being: Rumoured, Question, Media and Confirmed.
One useful feature of these tags is the ability to only show threads with a particular prefix by clicking on the tag.
We're looking to introduce similar tags for threads in the War Room, and are taking suggestions for particular tags, or the categories of tags, we should use here.
At the moment we are thinking along the lines of broad political categories, but alternatives can also be suggested and discussed.

Some initial ideas are:

Economy/ Business
International Relations
Law
Elections/ Polling
Social Issues

Keep in mind we are limited to around 5 - 7 tags, so we're not looking for complex nomenclature flow charts.

Thanks.

Your suggestions here
I
I
V

- Science
- Business
- Tech
- Politics

I guess they can stay the same (crime should go though (IMO), not every crime is threadworthy -- and even if people are compelled to start a thread for every crime that appears in the local paper, it doesn't make them worthy of one of these rare suffixes).

Yea, I think the original though was we needed a way to group terrorist attacks and shootings in a similar groupings since a large majority of threads are that. We aren't trying to encourage people to just post every shooting they hear about and will still dump threads when it seems excessive.

Click on crime and go through that list. It's crazy thinking how many shootings there have been.

- Science
- Business/Economy
- Tech

We've considered this and I think they still could be in play to add but we are being encouraged to try to limit the number we have to about 6ish so any category needs justified to hold enough topics for it. I think science could end up covering environmental issues but idk how often those thread occur.
Economy is a section and we generally would put business type threads there. I guess the topic you just posted is an odd duck and could be under economy.
Tech I have little hope for and would think it would be combined with science if we added that one as well.

What's your thoughts on the current one available and what could be swapped out to keep the list to six?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back