Threatening statement by John Bolton may have enraged North Korea, leading to scuttling of talks.

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Bolton recently said the US would follow the Libya model of denuclearizing North Korea. And everyone knows how that worked out for Ghaddafi.

Bolton is rabid, and needs to be committed to a mental hospital.

A bizarre, threatening statement from Trump's hawkish security adviser may have derailed the North Korea talks
ttp://www.businessinsider.com/john-bolton-may-have-derailed-north-korea-trump-talks-2018-5

-

North Korean media specifically targeted Trump's new national security adviser, John Bolton.

"We shed light on the quality of Bolton already in the past, and we do not hide our feeling of repugnance towards him," wrote Kim Kye Gwan, North Korea's vice-minister of foreign affairs.

Bolton, who has written extensively advocating that the US bomb North Korea, recently made a strange statement that appears to have provoked North Korea's anger.

• North Korea appeared to flip on the US on Tuesday with a variety of complaints and statements that marked the first real backslide of a diplomatic push for peace in Korea, and it pinned its complaints on a dark, threatening statement from John Bolton.
    • Bolton, President Donald Trump's newly appointed national security adviser, suggested the US could follow a "Libya model" for denuclearizing North Korea.
    • Libya's former leader was violently killed after giving up his weapons of mass destruction.
    • It's unclear why Bolton chose to mention Libya in the context of North Korea, knowing the violent end Libya's leader met, but the comment looks to have soured peace talks for now
-
I really doubt the North would have given up nukes even without Bolton's bellicose rhetoric, but it certainly makes things a heck of lot worse.

This lout should not be anywhere near the corridors of power, but because the GOP kisses Sheldon Adelson's hand, Bolton gets the National Sec. Adviser post

http://mondoweiss.net/2018/03/appointed-republicans-desperately/

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pr...el-dr-strangelove-for-everyone-else-1.5937518

Last edited:
North Korea has absolutely no reason to give its nukes, specially after what happened to Iran and Ukraine.

He's back!!!!! Time to destabilize world relations again!

Only the best people.

I'm going to quietly keep track of how many posters blame John Bolton over Kim Jong Un.

Have you not followed anything about the deceptions and duplicity of the regime?

How many half-brothers has John Bolton had assassinated publicly assassinated in airports? @MicroBrew

I'm going to quietly keep track of how many posters blame John Bolton over Kim Jong Un.

Have you not followed anything about the deceptions and duplicity of the regime?

How many half-brothers has John Bolton had assassinated publicly assassinated in airports? @MicroBrew
"I really doubt the North would have given up nukes even without Bolton's bellicose rhetoric, but it certainly makes things a heck of lot worse."

"I really doubt the North would have given up nukes even without Bolton's bellicose rhetoric, but it certainly makes things a heck of lot worse."
Reading the OP is really hard though. It has like....... alot of words in it.

Wow. Way to conjure up an image.

This is why only fools give up their weapons voluntarily.

How does it make it a heck of a lot worse?

Face and cover at best? Also, you said the man was rabid for taking a hard line on what you should know is the worst of bad actors that always practices bad intent when possible.

Wow. Way to conjure up an image.

This is why only fools give up their weapons voluntarily.

I really, really want to believe North Korea, and I really, really would not give them one dime without knowledge there will be results.

Trusting a cobra would turn out better than trusting a North Korean Kim for one's health.

Face and cover at best? Also, you said the man was rabid for taking a hard line on what you should know is the worst of bad actors that always practices bad intent when possible.

So why make a huge parade and ask for Trump to receive the Nobel Prize when you know that NK wont give its nukes.

There is zero incentive to give up nukes, Ukraine will be a reminder for ages to come.

So why make a huge parade and ask for Trump to receive the Nobel Prize when you know that NK wont give its nukes. (A)

There is zero incentive to give up nukes, Ukraine will be a reminder for ages to come. (B)

A. Alt-right trolls should not be taken seriously, I agree.

B. Perhaps, although, having the world's largest police state must get old for those living in the prison. That includes most Party members and perhaps even Kim Jong Un.

There have been times in history where despots and their brood realized "This madness has to end someday... why not today."

A lot of that push to shove helped bring down the Berlin Wall.

Give war a chance? Weird outlook, it's at least worth a shot, because something huge changed- they now have a diplomatic relationship with the South. That hasn't happened, ever. If Trump and Bolton fuck up that opportunity, Piss Prize for both. It will technically be Trump's second Piss Prize.

I really, really want to believe North Korea, and I really, really would not give them one dime without knowledge there will be results.

Trusting a cobra would turn out better than trusting a North Korean Kim for one's health.

Trusting politicians is dumb. Where one may or may not place faith is in the institutions.

Bolton recently said the US would follow the Libya model of denuclearizing North Korea. And everyone knows how that worked out for Ghaddafi.

Bolton is rabid, and needs to be committed to a mental hospital.

A bizarre, threatening statement from Trump's hawkish security adviser may have derailed the North Korea talks
ttp://www.businessinsider.com/john-bolton-may-have-derailed-north-korea-trump-talks-2018-5

-

North Korean media specifically targeted Trump's new national security adviser, John Bolton.

"We shed light on the quality of Bolton already in the past, and we do not hide our feeling of repugnance towards him," wrote Kim Kye Gwan, North Korea's vice-minister of foreign affairs.

Bolton, who has written extensively advocating that the US bomb North Korea, recently made a strange statement that appears to have provoked North Korea's anger.

• North Korea appeared to flip on the US on Tuesday with a variety of complaints and statements that marked the first real backslide of a diplomatic push for peace in Korea, and it pinned its complaints on a dark, threatening statement from John Bolton.
    • Bolton, President Donald Trump's newly appointed national security adviser, suggested the US could follow a "Libya model" for denuclearizing North Korea.
    • Libya's former leader was violently killed after giving up his weapons of mass destruction.
    • It's unclear why Bolton chose to mention Libya in the context of North Korea, knowing the violent end Libya's leader met, but the comment looks to have soured peace talks for now
-
I really doubt the North would have given up nukes even without Bolton's bellicose rhetoric, but it certainly makes things a heck of lot worse.

This lout should not be anywhere near the corridors of power, but because the GOP kisses Sheldon Adelson's hand, Bolton gets the National Sec. Adviser post

http://mondoweiss.net/2018/03/appointed-republicans-desperately/

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pr...el-dr-strangelove-for-everyone-else-1.5937518

Kim Jong Un does not want to get roasted like a pig.

Oh that John Bolton guy looks like a villain in The X-Men.

Give war a chance? Weird outlook, it's at least worth a shot, because something huge changed- they now have a diplomatic relationship with the South. That hasn't happened, ever. If Trump and Bolton fuck up that opportunity, Piss Prize for both. It will technically be Trump's second Piss Prize.

Come now, even an uncouth, quasi intellectual, hate monger like Bannon knew "give war a chance" is not a viable option.

"Fuck up the opportunity" which one? Any of the past ones North Korea has cheated and voided?

Fair question - are you so angry at the redundant alt-right trolls that the talk of "piss prizes" that it might put you on a bit of a lean against what is wise?

I don't mean that at all as a knock, Trump goes out of his way to troll, and then it makes it hard to take something like this seriously when it is so serious.

Kim Jong Un has a meeting with Xi, and suddenly demands we halt all military organizing drills with south Korea, and this is our fault? Not a carefully laid trap by those whose entire existence and political survival is a carefully laid trap?

Fool us once...

I want peace too, and I want freedom for the outright slaves that exist there.

If we want to get there, any overtures from the North to "give us stuff" must be looked at with a sober line of "sure, if you open up and give that stuff to your people" one step at a time.

As the Russian phrase was borrowed by the US "Trust, but verify."

Further, we might all keep in mind that the North gets these capitulations through their rhetoric and lies.

If Kim Jung Un wants to show he is not another Kim-Scorpion, then set reasonable parameters and... negotiate from there... not ask the likely scorpion to jump on our back because people are emotionally and desperately duped into the idea that North Korea and China will not be trying to lure us into deep waters before they sting.

Come now, even an uncouth, quasi intellectual, hate monger like Bannon knew "give war a chance" is not a viable option.

"Fuck up the opportunity" which one? Any of the past ones North Korea has cheated and voided?

Fair question - are you so angry at the redundant alt-right trolls that the talk of "piss prizes" that it might put you on a bit of a lean against what is wise?

I don't mean that at all as a knock, Trump goes out of his way to troll, and then it makes it hard to take something like this seriously when it is so serious.

Kim Jong Un has a meeting with Xi, and suddenly demands we halt all military organizing drills with south Korea, and this is our fault? Not a carefully laid trap by those whose entire existence and political survival is a carefully laid trap?

Fool us once...

If we want to get there, any overtures from the North to "give us stuff" must be looked at with a sober line of "sure, if you open up and give that stuff to your people" one step at a time.

Further, we might all keep in mind that the North gets these capitulations through their rhetoric and lies.

If Kim Jung Un wants to show he is not another Kim-Scorpion, then set reasonable parameters and... negotiate from there... not ask the likely scorpion to jump on our back because people are emotionally and desperately duped into the idea that North Korea and China will not be trying to lure us into deep waters before they sting.
LMAO @ expecting N Korea to negotiate without asking for us to chill on our military exercises. And all we had to do was make a few small changes and announce them, tone it down even a little, even just for show cut back in a few ways that don't really matter.

Bolton renews threats of regime destruction. That's not some nothing thing, that's fucking retarded. And it comes following the giant show of bad faith with Iran on behalf of Israel. This is what UTTER DIPLOMATIC FAILURE looks like.

They wouldn’t have given up their nukes regardless of what Bolton said, so blame Bolton?

Fool us once...

Xi Jin Ping is a nefarious character given the strength of their ecconomy and military they are far more of threat than N.Korea in the long term.

Back