Three Way Split: Pacquiao v Broner v Mayweather

FightGuyOpenMind

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Speculation has been arising, and Floyd has been voicing a comeback. However, the water is getting muddy as to what will happen if he comes back.

The original thought was Pacquiao. Now Broner's name is in the fray. There is even speculation of Pacquiao v Broner, with the winner getting a shot at Floyd.

Father Time smiles down on AB being by far the youngest of the group. He is also a former champion in multiple weight classes.

HOWEVER....

Broner's focus has been in question repeatedly. Broner also doesn't appear to do exceptionally well against pressure fighters. Furthermore, Floyd is generally accepted as being more technically sound, and sharper than Broner.

QUESTIONS:

Is Pacquiao too much for AB, despite being a decade older?

Is AB a threat to an aged Mayweather?

Will Floyd v Pacquiao 2 be a carbon copy of their first fight?

Who wins these matchups?

Any version of Pacquiao and Mayweather that we've seen beats Broner up pretty bad. But we are talking about two 40 year olds, so there's always a good chance that the version of Pacquiao or Mayweather that shows up is not what we've seen.

Any version of Pacquiao and Mayweather that we've seen beats Broner up pretty bad. But we are talking about two 40 year olds, so there's always a good chance that the version of Pacquiao or Mayweather that shows up is not what we've seen.

I think Pacman can stay in Broner's chest and tip his balance as he will already be on the backfoot a lot of the time. I don't know how explosive he will be. However, if it resembles anything Maidana did to him it's going to be a long night for AB.

I think AB takes these fights serious. They will be the two biggest names he's ever faced. If he fights Floyd I think it will be a more interesting contest.

I think Pacman can stay in Broner's chest and tip his balance as he will already be on the backfoot a lot of the time. I don't know how explosive he will be. However, if it resembles anything Maidana did to him it's going to be a long night for AB.

I think AB takes these fights serious. They will be the two biggest names he's ever faced. If he fights Floyd I think it will be a more interesting contest.

in his prime, floyd clowns him and knocks him out. it's probably a bit more competitive with manny for a while, but he eventually catches him as well and finishes him, only more brutally.

but neither is in their prime, so broner could make it competitive. the problem is broner keeps fucking up.

lol broner. get fucking real.

the guy is a bum. he is just another wasted talent.

lol broner. get fucking real.

the guy is a bum. he is just another wasted talent.

He's a former champion in multiple weight classes. He has 3 losses to top talent in Maidana, Porter, and Mikey Garcia. All champions. I don't see how he is a bum. Perhaps you are referring to his antics outside of the ring. I don't regard him as an A list fighter right now, but far from a bum.

He's a former champion in multiple weight classes. He has 3 losses to top talent in Maidana, Porter, and Mikey Garcia. All champions. I don't see how he is a bum. Perhaps you are referring to his antics outside of the ring. I don't regard him as an A list fighter right now, but far from a bum.

he was a killer at 135, jumped two weightclasses to 147 and couldnt break an egg, acted like a jackass, and got his face flushed in the toilet by maidana. he doesnt have the power to fight at 147. at all.

he is not good. he had all the talent in the world and completely wasted it. he is coasting on hard work from his youth and has way too many yes men around him.

he is not relevant. the 3 big fights he’s had, he dropped the ball like a jackass (partying and posting about it on ig/twitter before hand, trying to be a celebrity).

i wanted him to be the next big thing, but he is a washout that needs to be main eventing at fantasy springs.

he was a killer at 135, jumped two weightclasses to 147 and couldnt break an egg, acted like a jackass, and got his face flushed in the toilet by maidana. he doesnt have the power to fight at 147. at all.

he is not good. he had all the talent in the world and completely wasted it. he is coasting on hard work from his youth and has way too many yes men around him.

he is not relevant. the 3 big fights he’s had, he dropped the ball like a jackass (partying and posting about it on ig/twitter before hand, trying to be a celebrity).

i wanted him to be the next big thing, but he is a washout that needs to be main eventing at fantasy springs.
He's still showtimes biggest draw. And he did knock Porter down. Something Thurman, Brook, or Garcia didn't do. But yes, he wastes his talent so when you see Spence hanging out with him, it makes you concerned about Spence's future.

He is still young. Tyson Fury just came back from being mid 300lbs, abusing drugs and alcohol. AB can turn it around. He just fought another top name former champion in Jessie Vargas to a majority draw. One of the judges even scored the contest for Broner.

I wouldn't count AB out just yet. If he doesn't reach his potential it will be of his own doing. When I hear "bum" I think of boxing ability. He does need to change up his crowd, and focus.

Broner doesn’t belong in the same sentence as either Pac or Floyd, let alone headlining a fight.

A real treat would be not seeing any of the 3 in a boxing ring ever again.

Back