Thursday Night Training Vid

On the topic regarding losing weight. I weighted 105 kg 3 years ago I am at 80 at the moment - jumping to 82 when I try to be lazy on my diet.

It is pretty freaking damn easy. Download fitnespal to educated yourself regarding your eating habits. You need to stick to it for 2-3 months. Until you realise what you do wrong and fix it. Afterwards it becomes a habit to eat healthy.

Good strenght program + some cardio. I used to strenght train 3x per week, go boxing 2 x per week and play soccer 2x per week. This is actually a huge load, but got the job done when I was going from 90 to 80.

Regarding fighting. You have the same newbie problems I have. Hands down, chin up. I have been on the path of learning how to defend be and be agressive for a long time. I am nowhere close to where I want to be, but I am progressing.

Body movement ... which means footwork, slips, ducks and etc. Distance management. These are important tools. Practice with them.
I still forget to throw the god damn hooks after I weave, but at least I am weaving now. I slip and shoulder roll sometimes. But I put all my concious to minimize the damage of my hands dropping down. In fact I tried another strategy to be more proactively guarding with them. I d play with my lead hand all the time. Nowadays I work on playing with my back hand.... try to grab something with it, works fine sometimes to pull my back hand and try to catch something or just to be up there. It gets people panicked a bit. Following up with a burst hook.

Lastly force yourself to be agressive. I mean you will eat nasty shots for sure, but the learning curve jump starts. Your body and mind start working and you are picking on habits faster lol... at least this is how it worked for me. Initially I going for the clinch and I was eating shots while I was pushing people, now my hands go left uppercut, right upper cut, left hook automatically and I have drilled that combination by myself for like 2 days and 20 mins at maximum.

Lastly drill, drill and drill.

Pick up few combinations. 2 for long range, 2 for mid range, 2 for close range.
For example long range - jab + rear low kick, jab + cross + forward low kick.
mid - cross + hook + low kick, and hook + cross + low kick
close - left uppercut + right uppercut + left hook, right uppercut, left uppercut + right hook

Drill them like a lot. So they become a second nature. Of course drill single jab, double jab, jab hook, jab cross. But do not go over these combinations. They really need to become habit. Your body needs to kick in itself when to use them. You will feel it and you will feel the progress. But god damn drill them a lot.

Because right now you seem to go after my mistake - range find with lazy bad jab and eat shots. I was doing the same shit. I thill have difficulties in long range boxing and ways to engage. But god damn fix this jab, play your combos, go basic, go agressive and drill.

you are spot on in calling out my lazy jabs, i have problems finding a way to get inside opponents with long reach like my brother with legs for arms. and get hit trying to throw combos because of his reach advantage ! but thank you for the comments!

If you’re ever looking to get some (boxing) sparring locally, you’re more than welcome to swing by my place. I have a number of super heavies, and we’re always looking for more work. I have a couple guys that fought for Dragon’s Lair back in the day too. They don’t fight for me, but they still spar and hang out.

If you’re ever looking to get some (boxing) sparring locally, you’re more than welcome to swing by my place. I have a number of super heavies, and we’re always looking for more work. I have a couple guys that fought for Dragon’s Lair back in the day too. They don’t fight for me, but they still spar and hang out.

Who are they? I been with mario ramos since i was 7 years old, but that sounds awesome! Shoot me a message where it is and ill deff stop by to get my boxing even better

I just looked a little into your posting history. You are now posting many years about loosing weight. Always start way above 300 to a planned weight loss in months and everything goes well until well something and then years later next attempt.

Your biggest problem is lack of discipline regarding weight. I like your kicks in older vids better than your hands. Surprisingly fast. What I really dont get is your sloppy guard / punching mechanic if you are training that long. Looks the same years ago than today.

I am all for someone to better himself so wish you the best. Its just after that many years and your quote that your are "dead serious about mma" nearly 10 years ago I would seriously reflect on why I always come up short and jojo back up.

Who are they? I been with mario ramos since i was 7 years old, but that sounds awesome! Shoot me a message where it is and ill deff stop by to get my boxing even better
Douglas and Ikaro Monteiro. They’re former students of mine. I’m a science teacher in Framingham, so it made for some good networking opportunities. I actually taught some of Mario’s kids. He’s a great dude.

I own Nolan’s Bros Boxing in Waltham. We have 3-4 good super heavies right now that could give you some clean looks for sure. I’ll shoot you a message with more specifics.

Douglas and Ikaro Monteiro. They’re former students of mine. I’m a science teacher in Framingham, so it made for some good networking opportunities. I actually taught some of Mario’s kids. He’s a great dude.

I own Nolan’s Bros Boxing in Waltham. We have 3-4 good super heavies right now that could give you some clean looks for sure. I’ll shoot you a message with more specifics.

Oh my guys! Know both of them as long as i have known mario preety much, Havent seen them in a while because hes busy working with his fathers company

Please shoot me a message will deff stop by and have you fix and help with some of my boxing.

Ask douglas and ikaro about me patrick ferrari

if you dont think The US pushes JUNK FOOD and garbage and sugar on the population than you are just dumb, its really easy to see how much they want people to eat like shit and not eat healthy.. im not blaming any one but myself for becoming overweight.....but if you think the US and the vast amount of Fast food and junk food at every corner than you are just delusional. its not even a "conspiracy theory" its called common sense.

and if you really think they don't sabotage research and finding a cure for cancer, which is worth 148 billion by the end of this year.....and with a set cure for "cancer" that would be EAsily wiped out by more than half, again you are delusional and need to realize that the government does not give a shit about any of us....but keep thinking you live in a perfect utopia land my friend :)
Why put the onus on your government when it's the private corporations that are peddling you the junk and ads with only the financial incentive in mind? Safe to say that they do not care about anything else than the bottom line. The role of government is exactly to protect consumers and citizens, and less regulations would only mean more of what you are arguing against. Now, they are doing a terrible job as evident by how your country is run, especially in regards to the lobbying and dirty money in politics, which again is mainly rooted in financial incentive and the acquisition of power.

Delving further into the conspiracy about "the government" not wanting to find cures for cancers, well, the government is not one thing. It's made up of entirely different branches, and people. Doctors and medical science researcher would not even be part of your fictional goverment as anyone with legitimate power to implement or fund anti-cancer initatives. Many of them work in the private sphere as well, which leads into your privately funded healthcare system and which again incentivises money and doing well for the share holders. Healthcare and government should be about the well being of the citizens, not earning a buck. That's why I appreciate the system we have here in Denmark.

Lastly, individual doctors, most of them anyway, care about life. The hippocratic oath is there for a reason. It's completely inane to suggest that every day people working in health care are actively trying to suppress cancer treatment in a big giant plot, even as fucked up as your system is. Millions and millions are being funded into cancer research each year and while strides have been made, it's still far off from a reliable cure. Biochemists, cell biologists, oncologists and more are working tiredlessly to find a cure for cancer, many people have dedicated their whole lives to it. I know some of these people personally. Read up on some of the actual science literature and you can examine the evidence for yourself.

Edit: Just to put the numbers into perspective. While some cancers are harder to deal with than others, the overall cancer mortality rate has dropped 25% from 1990 - 2014. Right now there's about an anual decrease in deaths at around 1,5% averaged from all age groups. This is with a population that is getting older, and as cancer is linked to age, it's an even more positive change. This change in trend is exactly because of the effort that has been put into improving diagnostic tools and treatments for patients, and making the public aware of the impact of lifestyle choices.

What really drives cancer and holds us back is in large, smoking, alcohol, obesity, a sedetary life style and carcinogens in the environment (like chemicals). If you have a problem with those risk factors you should point your critical thinking in the right direction because that's not the government driving those factors. Quite the contrary, the government tries to regulate those to large degree, which in turn will make people cry out against being "opressed" and not having the "freedom" to do whatever they want to do. But at the same time, cancer is a government conspiracy.... yeah right.

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/understanding/statistics
https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/research/articles/cancer_2020_figures.htm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...opped-again-heres-why/?utm_term=.a4df583ff16c

Last edited:
Why put the onus on your government when it's the private corporations that are peddling you the junk and ads with only the financial incentive in mind? Safe to say that they do not care about anything else than the bottom line. The role of government is exactly to protect consumers and citizens, and less regulations would only mean more of what you are arguing against. Now, they are doing a terrible job as evident by how your country is run, especially in regards to the lobbying and dirty money in politics, which again is mainly rooted in financial incentive and the acquisition of power.

Delving further into the conspiracy about "the government" not wanting to find cures for cancers, well, the government is not one thing. It's made up of entirely different branches, and people. Doctors and medical science researcher would not even be part of your fictional goverment as anyone with legitimate power to implement or fund anti-cancer initatives. Many of them work in the private sphere as well, which leads into your privately funded healthcare system and which again incentivises money and doing well for the share holders. Healthcare and government should be about the well being of the citizens, not earning a buck. That's why I appreciate the system we have here in Denmark.

Lastly, individual doctors, most of them anyway, care about life. The hippocratic oath is there for a reason. It's completely inane to suggest that every day people working in health care are actively trying to suppress cancer treatment in a big giant plot, even as fucked up as your system is. Millions and millions are being funded into cancer research each year and while strides have been made, it's still far off from a reliable cure. Biochemists, cell biologists, oncologists and more are working tiredlessly to find a cure for cancer, many people have dedicated their whole lives to it. I know some of these people personally. Read up on some of the actual science literature and you can examine the evidence for yourself.

Edit: Just to put the numbers into perspective. While some cancers are harder to deal with than others, the overall cancer mortality rate has dropped 25% from 1990 - 2014. Right now there's about an anual decrease in deaths at around 1,5% averaged from all age groups. This is with a population that is getting older, and as cancer is linked to age, it's an even more positive change. This change in trend is exactly because of the effort that has been put into improving diagnostic tools and treatments for patients, and making the public aware of the impact of lifestyle choices.

What really drives cancer and holds us back is in large, smoking, alcohol, obesity, a sedetary life style and carcinogens in the environment (like chemicals). If you have a problem with those risk factors you should point your critical thinking in the right direction because that's not the government driving those factors. Quite the contrary, the government tries to regulate those to large degree, which in turn will make people cry out against being "opressed" and not having the "freedom" to do whatever they want to do. But at the same time, cancer is a government conspiracy.... yeah right.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...opped-again-heres-why/?utm_term=.a4df583ff16c

A lot of people come up with different conspiracies, hell even a guy at one of my old jobs said that ISIS isn't real, that it was just a us goverment stint or something. A lot of people do agree that the government is hiding the cure to cancer, so you know how much money the government can make if they get a cut from the cancer treatments money? They can make a whole shit load of money.

Honestly I have not met much people with cancer, but the government can make their money off of cancer treatment cuts, and off of everything they do like taxes and what not.

if you dont think the government and healthcare do not work hand in hand together than idk what to tell you, like i said keep thinking the government cares about you because newsflash unless your a hundred dollar bill they do not give 2 fucks

Why put the onus on your government when it's the private corporations that are peddling you the junk and ads with only the financial incentive in mind? Safe to say that they do not care about anything else than the bottom line. The role of government is exactly to protect consumers and citizens, and less regulations would only mean more of what you are arguing against.

The government's standards here in the US for controlling quantities of everything from ingredients to accurate nutritional information is terrible. They set the bar VERY low which obviously allows for abuse of what shit these private companies put in their food.

It is cheaper to live on junk in the US than anywhere else Ive lived. Just the way it is here, and it is the fault of private companies/govenment/consumers.

Also Sano, there are doctors everywhere who have abused their powers over the years for financial gain. EVERYWHERE. Also, cancer makes billions for the healthcare system in the US...it costs that much money for treatment it makes money, then have a look at why so little money is given to mental health issues...it is a long complex topic well deserving of its own thread.

The government's standards here in the US for controlling quantities of everything from ingredients to accurate nutritional information is terrible. They set the bar VERY low which obviously allows for abuse of what shit these private companies put in their food.

It is cheaper to live on junk in the US than anywhere else Ive lived. Just the way it is here, and it is the fault of private companies/govenment/consumers.

Also Sano, there are doctors everywhere who have abused their powers over the years for financial gain. EVERYWHERE. Also, cancer makes billions for the healthcare system in the US...it costs that much money for treatment it makes money, then have a look at why so little money is given to mental health issues...it is a long complex topic well deserving of its own thread.
Thank you, you said it better than i could. Happy sunday yall

Back