Ticketmaster

I am old enough and fondly remember lining up at the record store to get a bracelet to get tickets.

100% with TS.

Event ticket buying is fucking horrible now a days. Not only are there fees on top of fees, you cant even choose your seat half the time. I like to sit on an aisle seat cause I stand alot and dont want to bother others. They have such a monopoly its crazy.

Whats worse is more and more venues dont even offer box office sales so theres no way to avoid the fees.

I don't understand why "resale tickets" exist. If scalping is illegal, why do you set aside an entire class of tickets intended to be sold above face value.

Also, all those 2nd market sites where people sell tickets person to person could be shut down. The tickets have a stated face value right on em. If someone lists an ad for the ticket above that price they are scalping (or at least offering to).

I am old enough and fondly remember lining up at the record store to get a bracelet to get tickets.

100% with TS.
I worked at tower records / ticketmaster when I was like 21. People were lined up and I fucked up the initial bracelet thing. I think I forgot to write down the lowest number or something so we had no idea who was supposed to be first. Manager sent me back inside and did something to calm the pissed off horde.

I worked at tower records / ticketmaster when I was like 21. People were lined up and I fucked up the initial bracelet thing. I think I forgot to write down the lowest number or something so we had no idea who was supposed to be first. Manager sent me back inside and did something to calm the pissed off horde.
tenor.gif

lol!! Lucky there were no sherbros there otherwise they would have filled that place with uppercuts.

I don't understand why "resale tickets" exist. If scalping is illegal, why do you set aside an entire class of tickets intended to be sold above face value.

Scalping is only illegal on the site of the venue. You can do it online or even through craigslist and its not illegal. I make extra cash re-selling tickets, but here is a good trick, want tickets to an event but dont want to pay full price, almost every event the day of re-sellers drop the prices to under half of face value to get rid of them.

The main reason I don't go to many events is because of this shit. I was going to buy tickets to a show 2 months out. Prices were decent. I waited about a month before the show and went to purchase, and they were all gone and prices were doubled all over the place. My bad for not buying when I should have. Wife was not happy but I just can't support that shit. But as long as fools keep buying tickets from these resellers this will continue happening.

Scalping is only illegal on the site of the venue. You can do it online or even through craigslist and its not illegal. I make extra cash re-selling tickets, but here is a good trick, want tickets to an event but dont want to pay full price, almost every event the day of re-sellers drop the prices to under half of face value to get rid of them.
I hear this all the time but have yet to ever actually see it happen. at least not for mma events and concerts.

Ticketmaster is just a gigantic scalper monopoly so I don't know why you'd expect them to have honorable ethics. The whole company is based on what should be considered illegal bullshit.

A convenience fee to buy tickets from them? How the fuck are people inconveniencing them by trying to give them their money?

i buy stuff from shopgoodwill.com and they have bots that keep bidding prices up constantly.

i once sneaked into the top 10 at best buy with 2 other people i met at the best buy line of over 500 people. The grab a coffee and spin move. then the other 2 walk up and start chatting about nothing like we belong there.

i swear to god this happened and it was the funniest shit ever. got a new computer for like 100 bucks

My buddy is pretty good at haggling with re-sellers at events. He waits until the event has started, and then they'll have a Mexican stand-off. More or less the scalper will give in and just sell the ticket for a much lower price than he wanted.

Back