Tiger vs Lion

Tiger vs Lion

• Total voters
I bet that both Tigers and Lions are glad that honey badgers are so small. In fact, I think the whole animal kingdom breaths a sigh of relief that they are smaller. If those things were bigger they'd rule over everything.

A 400 lbs. Wolverine would be all kinds of gnarly as well.

A 400 lbs. Wolverine would be all kinds of gnarly as well.
agreed.

just finished some honey badger videos earlier and the damn little buggers can get bite and have venom injected and just pass out for a bit and then be up and at it again.

agreed.

just finished some honey badger videos earlier and the damn little buggers can get bite and have venom injected and just pass out for a bit and then be up and at it again.

Yeah I've seen that.

I watched one video on Natgeo Wild where a group of lions catch a honey badger and it takes them all night to kill it. Honey badger have loose fur that is basically detached from their bodies so it's almost impossible to get a grip on them. The little honey badger fought and struggled all night and the lions really only killed it because it eventually got exhausted. But they are absolutely ferocious.

Wolverines are pretty gnarly too. There are stories of them driving wolves and brown bears off kills and I've even heard a few stories of wolverines killing bison and moose. The Wiki page for the wolverines says there is an one instance of a wolverine killing a polar bear but it says "citation needed" so I'm not too sure about that.

Last edited:
Tigers are badass, but an adult male grizzly/polar bear tears it up, if there locked in an enclosure together.

Different story in the wild tho. Mountain Lions give Grizzlies all they can handle in the wild, and they're not half the size of a Tiger. There are literally cases of Tigers killings Elephants, Crocs, Bears and other shit in the wild. I'm not sure what else has that p4p resume on that turf.

Tigers are the baddest motherfuckers on the planet.

1. Siberian Tigers are NOT the biggest Tigers. Northern Bengal Tigers are. Research supports this.

2. The Barbary Lion (RIP) can hang with the biggest Tiger species.

3. Tigers are ASSASSINS. Siberian Tigers only prey on bears that are either young, or female. They also attack during the hibernation period most of the time.

4. Kodiaks, Polar and Kamchatka bears crush Tigers.

A Kodiak bear is an insane sight to see , someone post a pic of super large bears.

Tiger vs Lion unleash the broscience to hilarious levels, tigers reach sherdog game pit / 12 men strong chimps and honey badger level of legend

Internet start throw elephant/rhino/bear killing tigers like no tomorrow as if is a normal scenario lol

The votes figures itself are the lol... and overall i will slighty favor the tiger too,even if greatly depend on individuals involved

Problem is years of nerd internet debates generated a biblical amount of fake facts, stories and shit :D

So the broscientists trying to debate end up get as source broscience thrown on the internet by previous broscientists who where trying to make "win" theyr favourite cat :D

1. Siberian Tigers are NOT the biggest Tigers. Northern Bengal Tigers are. Research supports this.

3. Tigers are ASSASSINS. Siberian Tigers only prey on bears that are either young, or female. They also attack during the hibernation period most of the time.

I've heard the reason some Bengal Tigers get bigger than Siberian Tigers is because the amount of prey they have to hunt is much more numerous. In the Amur region where Siberians live, there are a lot of good prey species... moose, elk, deer, boar, bear, and wolves. But there's been a lot of poaching in the Amur region which has caused prey numbers to decline along with the fact that it's just generally colder, harsher, and more scarce in terms of graze, forage, and fodder, which means fewer prey numbers.

Plus the wolves that Siberian Tigers have to compete with are larger and form bigger packs than wolves in Bengal Tiger habitat, thus hunt and consume more prey and have a bigger impact on prey numbers and behavior. That's why Siberian Tigers basically drive wolf packs completely out of their territories. Siberian Tigers probably lose more of their stashed kills too, to wolves, bear, and Amur Leopards. Plus Siberian Tigers are probably confined to a smaller area than Northern Bengal Tiger which range through Northern India, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, and Burma.

1. Currently yes. They used to be much larger but due poaching, habitat and prey loss it dwindled the species. Multiple confirmed at over 800 lbs with a past average of 660.

2. Past fights between them have tigers coming out of top. Even Bengals which at the time were smaller than Amur.

3. Mostly true, however a few cases of large bears 800-1000lb(estimated) have fallen prey.

4. Pretty much.

A tiger easily. Here's another interesting fact. A tiger can stand on its hind legs and use both paws to fight with at the same time. A lion cannot.

Ive seen this mentioned a few times. Is this really a thing? Is this documented somewhere?

this actually made me go: <mma4>
tigon.jpg

Different story in the wild tho. Mountain Lions give Grizzlies all they can handle in the wild, and they're not half the size of a Tiger. There are literally cases of Tigers killings Elephants, Crocs, Bears and other shit in the wild. I'm not sure what else has that p4p resume on that turf.

Tigers are the baddest motherfuckers on the planet.

A bear that could be lunch for a tiger, has a harder getaway than vice versa. Not to mention bears are omnivores, and have more/better options for food than trying to kill apex predators like tigers. Point being, if a tiger was forced to fight a grizzly(both prime), the grizzly will usually win IMO.

A bear that could be lunch for a tiger, has a harder getaway than vice versa. Not to mention bears are omnivores, and have more/better options for food than trying to kill apex predators like tigers. Point being, if a tiger was forced to fight a grizzly(both prime), the grizzly will usually win IMO.

Sure, if you handicap the Tiger by caging it with the Bear where it's quickness and mobility are taken away for the most part. Watch some of the gifs/videos in here man, those are 600-800 pound pissed off claws and teeth flying thru the air with hilarious ease bitch smacking dudes riding on Bull Elaphants and landing 8 hit unblockable Tekken combos on Lions -and generally doing shit no other animal on Earth it's size can do.

Speaking of size -this is another thing I think some of you Grizzly guys aren't putting into perspective (understandably I guess):

The largest Tigers (Siberian) weigh in at roughly 750-800 pounds while the largest Grizzlies (Costal) weigh in around 900 pounds (these are average weights, not impossible to come across slightly larger or smaller for either). Inland Grizzlies average more around 500-600 pounds. Bengal Tigers are slightly smaller on the average but they can get as big as the Siberians -the largest recorded Siberian Tiger in the wild is only a few pounds heavier than the largest Bengal ever found in the wild (both were around 850-900 pounds).

Look, I know the Russians did some fucked up shit years ago and caged random animals together to see who'd win and so on, and that's great -but in the wild I'm taking a full grown pissed off motivated Kitty against almost anything you throw at it. There's so much ridiculous footage (of Tigers specifically) doing insane shit to other Apex animals that it's almost foolish to pick against it. I've seen a full grown Croc steal a Tigers kill only for that Tiger to literally jump in the water and swim out to where the croc was, snatch the fucking croc on its own turf (full grown croc btw) -drag that sumbitch all the way back to land then proceed to beat it to death. And then not even bother to eat it after. He killt that :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and left him in the street as an example.

What animal does that shit?

A fucking Tiger does that shit.

Back