Tiger vs Lion

Tiger vs Lion

• Total voters
1250833890_podborka_671_111.jpg

Tiger%2Bvs%2BLion.jpg

white-tiger-mom-and-cub-animated-gif.gif

Lions deserve more credit than what you keyboard warriors are giving. An African male lion will be more than a handful for any male Siberian/Bengal tiger.

And if a jaguar was the size of a tiger, it would crack its skull with one bite. They will be the most ferocious creatures living today.

Sure, if you handicap the Tiger by caging it with the Bear where it's quickness and mobility are taken away for the most part. Watch some of the gifs/videos in here man, those are 600-800 pound pissed off claws and teeth flying thru the air with hilarious ease bitch smacking dudes riding on Bull Elaphants and landing 8 hit unblockable Tekken combos on Lions -and generally doing shit no other animal on Earth it's size can do.

Speaking of size -this is another thing I think some of you Grizzly guys aren't putting into perspective (understandably I guess):

The largest Tigers (Siberian) weigh in at roughly 750-800 pounds while the largest Grizzlies (Costal) weigh in around 900 pounds (these are average weights, not impossible to come across slightly larger or smaller for either). Inland Grizzlies average more around 500-600 pounds. Bengal Tigers are slightly smaller on the average but they can get as big as the Siberians -the largest recorded Siberian Tiger in the wild is only a few pounds heavier than the largest Bengal ever found in the wild (both were around 850-900 pounds).

Look, I know the Russians did some fucked up shit years ago and caged random animals together to see who'd win and so on, and that's great -but in the wild I'm taking a full grown pissed off motivated Kitty against almost anything you throw at it. There's so much ridiculous footage (of Tigers specifically) doing insane shit to other Apex animals that it's almost foolish to pick against it. I've seen a full grown Croc steal a Tigers kill only for that Tiger to literally jump in the water and swim out to where the croc was, snatch the fucking croc on its own turf (full grown croc btw) -drag that sumbitch all the way back to land then proceed to beat it to death. And then not even bother to eat it after. He killt that :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and left him in the street as an example.

What animal does that shit?

A fucking Tiger does that shit.

They're apex predators; they ambush prey. In contrast, bears just roam around and eat whatever they cross paths with. In the wild, a healthy 1000lb bear and an 800lb tiger would never fight(save some extreme circumstance, eg one of them gets to the other one's young). Hence why the stipulation of having them in an enclosure would even be necessary. But if for some reason they do fight, where neither party is allowed to flee, the smart money is on the bear. Similarly good offensively, and drastically better defensively.

Also, the largest bears are significantly bigger than the largest tigers. And alpha vs alpha, that's almost certainly going to be the case.

Last edited:
Woah I'm surprised how lopsided this poll is. Lions have lost so much respect over the years apparently. They used to be the freakin' kings of the jungle, man...

Tiger in a ufc fight Lion in the wild due to having a gang of other lions to also jump in

Yeah I've seen that.

I watched one video on Natgeo Wild where a group of lions catch a honey badger and it takes them all night to kill it. Honey badger have loose fur that is basically detached from their bodies so it's almost impossible to get a grip on them. The little honey badger fought and struggled all night and the lions really only killed it because it eventually got exhausted. But they are absolutely ferocious.

Wolverines are pretty gnarly too. There are stories of them driving wolves and brown bears off kills and I've even heard a few stories of wolverines killing bison and moose. The Wiki page for the wolverines says there is an one instance of a wolverine killing a polar bear but it says "citation needed" so I'm not too sure about that.
Wolverines are way more vicious and impressive imo. They take on black bears, wolves, and kill deers by hiding up in a tree and jumping on them.

Theres actual videos of them taking on grey wolves. The biggest challenge a honey badge can take on is a monitor lizard.

Wolverine > Honey badger.

Fuck all that. I'll take a game Pit.

michael-vick-241100-1-402.jpg

A bear that could be lunch for a tiger, has a harder getaway than vice versa. Not to mention bears are omnivores, and have more/better options for food than trying to kill apex predators like tigers. Point being, if a tiger was forced to fight a grizzly(both prime), the grizzly will usually win IMO.
sure, bears are bigger and stronger, but tigers have far more speed and athleticism. The way I see it is tigers are Melvin Manhoef and bears are Mark Hunt. 9 out of 10 times, Hunt should win..but we all saw what happened when he didn't.

Lions deserve more credit than what you keyboard warriors are giving. An African male lion will be more than a handful for any male Siberian/Bengal tiger.

And if a jaguar was the size of a tiger, it would crack its skull with one bite. They will be the most ferocious creatures living today.
no, a male lion is not a handful for any healthy male tiger. Facts are facts. And I say this as a fan of lions over tigers- their social structure and lifestyle make them more captivating and dramatic. They have dynasties and go to war against rival clans of other lion clans and hyena troops, how can you not love that? But they are physically no match for tigers one on one.

They're apex predators; they ambush prey. In contrast, bears just roam around and eat whatever they cross paths with. In the wild, a healthy 1000lb and an 800lb tiger would never fight(save some extreme circumstance, eg one of them gets to the other one's young). Hence why the stipulation of having them in an enclosure would even be necessary. But if for some reason they do fight, where neither party is allowed to flee, the smart money is on the bear. Similarly good offensively, and drastically better defensively.

Also, the largest bears are significantly bigger than the largest tigers. And alpha vs alpha, that's almost certainly going to be the case.

Mountain Lions fuck with Bears all the time, sometimes for seemingly no reason at all. Cats are different when it comes to this shit. It's not always over cubs either, plenty of examples of it.

Outside of some controlled human experiments in the past there's no real way to know straight up. But based off what I've seen/read I'm not betting against a full grown Tiger in the wild. They kill so many different animals both bigger and smaller than them -and as evidenced with Crocs- even in another Apex predators own world. Bears, for the most part, don't do that.

As for the largest Bears, Grizzlies were what was brought up so I'm working off of that. p4p Tiger>>>Bear. Of any kind. If both animals are equal in size, the Tiger wins. It has to punch above its weight -by a large margin imo- before it consistently has to take an L.

Mountain Lions fuck with Bears all the time, sometimes for seemingly no reason at all. Cats are different when it comes to this shit. It's not always over cubs either, plenty of examples of it.

Outside of some controlled human experiments in the past there's no real way to know straight up. But based off what I've seen/read I'm not betting against a full grown Tiger in the wild. They kill so many different animals both bigger and smaller than them -and as evidenced with Crocs- even in another Apex predators own world. Bears, for the most part, don't do that.

As for the largest Bears, Grizzlies were what was brought up so I'm working off of that. p4p Tiger>>>Bear. Of any kind. If both animals are equal in size, the Tiger wins. It has to punch above its weight -by a large margin imo- before it consistently has to take an L.

Of course cats fuck with other animals, including bears. It's in their nature. If they have to flee, there's no animal that will catch them.
The topic wasn't who is the better predator; tigers(or any cats) win by a mile. The topic was who would win in a fight to the death. And the answer is a Grizzly/Kodiak/Polar bear, most times. Black bear might be a different story though.

And p4p means nothing in this context. We're talking prime vs prime, alpha vs alpha. And a 1200lb grizzly, besmirches an 800lb tiger.

As much as I love tigers (favorite animal), this is getting a bit much. Taking animals of similar size, face to face, no holds barred, it's probably 60-40 tiger over lion. Maybe a bit better, but not a landslide like people are saying. And while tigers do predate bears, very rarely is it a face to face fight. Size notwithstanding, brown bears are just built more ruggedly than any cat and will straight up bully them. Tigers need the element of surprise and I've read accounts of them setting "traps" to trip up the bear so that they can jump them from behind. Crafty as fuck. But face to face fight, bears are monsters

As much as I love tigers (favorite animal), this is getting a bit much. Taking animals of similar size, face to face, no holds barred, it's probably 60-40 tiger over lion. Maybe a bit better, but not a landslide like people are saying. And while tigers do predate bears, very rarely is it a face to face fight. Size notwithstanding, brown bears are just built more ruggedly than any cat and will straight up bully them. Tigers need the element of surprise and I've read accounts of them setting "traps" to trip up the bear so that they can jump them from behind. Crafty as fuck. But face to face fight, bears are monsters

Tiger own them 99-1 for the simple reason they need to be better killing machines to survive, they are lone preds not pack animals.
Size and style of fight makes it a landslide.

Why is everyone acting like this is a hypothetical? There are actual videos on Youtube and the Tiger wins nearly every time. Watch for yourself.

It has to be tiger vs Kodiak bear in the showdown.
<TrumpWrong1>

let's stop this madness that a tiger can match up against a Kodiak.
Larry-Fitzgerald-Grizzly-2.jpg

A midsize grizzly sure, but both brown and polar bears are twice their size.

Tiger has physical advantages that's why they normally win when the animals fight in captivity.

However, if we talking prime battle tested wild alpha lion vs a prime tiger, I think the lion would win.

The Lion has been fighting top level competition 3 times a year to defend it's title as the leader of the pride...meanwhile the tiger has been crushing cans in Asia and looking vicious...but he hasn't faced the level of competition the Lion has.

It doesnt matter how dominant you look against sub-par opposition in Asia, winning consistently in the big leagues is more impressive. That's why I take the lion by unanimous decision.

alpha silverback gorilla vs a white siberian male tiger who wins ?

Back