Tightest chokes in MMA?

GregariousWellgroomedDrever.gif

I don't mean to be all Mr. Killjoy here, but *any* choke that makes a professional fighter tap or go to sleep is pretty fucking tight.
I disagree, but then again, the disagreement from my side is based around the semantics of the word "tight". Sure, you could argue that any choke that is enough to restrict the blood-flow to render a man unconscious is, by definition, tight, but in my opinion that takes all the value out of using the word at all in this context.

There are a lot of choke variations that don't necessarily need to be "tight" in terms of the force applied into the squeeze (which is how I interpreted tight in this context). Think Cody McKenzie and his high-elbow guillotine: with him, it's always more about finding the perfect angles to hit the arteries than it is about "tightening things up", if you catch my drift.

Even that one. A lot of people think it was a wimpy arm triangle, but it was actually a modified Von Flue choke. Sage was about to go to sleep.

Rener Gracie explains it in detail in the first few minutes of this video

I disagree, but then again, the disagreement from my side is based around the semantics of the word "tight". Sure, you could argue that any choke that is enough to restrict the blood-flow to render a man unconscious is, by definition, tight, but in my opinion that takes all the value out of using the word at all in this context.

There are a lot of choke variations that don't necessarily need to be "tight" in terms of the force applied into the squeeze (which is how I interpreted tight in this context). Think Cody McKenzie and his high-elbow guillotine: with him, it's always more about finding the perfect angles to hit the arteries than it is about "tightening things up", if you catch my drift.

I respect what you're trying to say but I would argue any choke that works - let's use the McKenzitine, as your example - is tight. Even if it's a technique like that, which cuts out as much non-artery tissue as possible, it's still tight. In the end that is what makes any choke work.

I do recognize that there is a difference though between regular technique, and someone who has an extra squeeze ability, those people can really fuck someone's shit up once they get ahold of just about anything, and make things that don't normally work for people work anyway. Shinya Aoki's many not-under-the-neck rear naked face cranks come to mind.

When the Notorious became the McTapper
20160305102800_GettyImages513969268.JPG

Ping said GSP didn't even give him a chance to tap
AP-Frank-Franklin-II-640x480.png

Abu Schaubi's choke was so tight it made Meathead's big toe gyrate..
174_brendan_schaub_vs_matt_mitrione.0.jpg

Someone post Kos and Ellenberger

You know when Kos started foaming

Inverted triangle choke
23jfqeh.gif

Rape choke
zno7tg.jpg

Sexy pyjama choke
33tr0va.jpg

Sexy's choke is why I wish Gi's would be allowed. You'd see a lot more subs from high level BJJ/Judo/Sambo players. Would be cool, imo.

Sexy's choke is why I wish Gi's would be allowed. You'd see a lot more subs from high level BJJ/Judo/Sambo players. Would be cool, imo.
Don't need no gi if you're already a G.

20170708072056_ao.JPG

10 wins by no-gi Ezekiel (which is the choke that Akiyama is applying).

Cody Mckenzie's guillotine was something special back in the day, dude was like 10-0 with all guillotine subs .!

reems guillotine chokes are probably tight as hell

Back