Till: "I believe the hardest opponents in the WW division are pressure fighters. Colby, Maia, Usman"

Jin Akutsu

Gengar Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

"Not hit you with points and runaway fighters like Thompson..."

Enjoy the full interview above.

He's 100% right. Woodley is an easier opponent for him than those 3.

Well, that's why the UFC is gonna keep him far far away from all of these guys and continue to give him favorable match-ups because he's promotable.

He's 100% right. Woodley is an easier opponent for him than those 3.

I disagree. I think Till is right that in general, his toughest style matchup will be aggressive grapplers, but I also think Tyron is very tricky since he can strike, wrestle, and most importantly, smartly gameplan between the two. Woodley is a tough one to solve.

WB has 5 KO/TKO victories in 11 fights.
Till has 5 fights - 2 decisions, 2 finishes and 1 draw against much weaker competition. IOW, he should shut the fuck up about WB point fighting.

This is Dumb, Stephen Thompson is not a point fighter. 5 of his 9 UFC wins are knockouts. And in all of his wins I feel like he dropped his opponent at least once.

WB has 5 KO/TKO victories in 11 fights.
Till has 5 fights - 2 decisions, 2 finishes and 1 draw against much weaker competition. IOW, he should shut the fuck up about WB point fighting.
beat me to it

giphy.gif

I’m

Jon h

u are a sherdog legend !!, I’ll never forget the McGregor war train before the Mendez fight

Till seems like a smart dude. Well-spoken and clearly has a very analytical outlook on things, based on, for example, the way he broke down his reasoning for why Thompson ended up accepting the fight. To me, that made perfect sense.

Color me impressed.

Well, that's why the UFC is gonna keep him far far away from all of these guys and continue to give him favorable match-ups because he's promotable.

WB is NOT a favorable match up for nobody.

If you doesn't have the defensive wrestling to hang with those guys, then yes it could be a long night for Till. Maia is probably one of the scariest fighter you can go up against even if you have vicious stand-up, KO power and an iron chin IF you don't have the TDD to stop his TD and elite level ground game. However if you can defend, then even a mediocre striker with good cardio can stop him.

The Zangiefs of MMA can expose many weaknesses. At the same time though Wonderboy is like the Chun Li of MMA. She can pick you apart and can be difficult to get a hold of.

If you doesn't have the defensive wrestling to hang with those guys, then yes it could be a long night for Till. Maia is probably one of the scariest fighter you can go up against even if you have vicious stand-up, KO power and an iron chin IF you don't have the TDD to stop his TD and elite level ground game. However if you can defend, then even a mediocre striker with good cardio can stop him.

The Zangiefs of MMA can expose many weaknesses. At the same time though Wonderboy is like the Chun Li of MMA. She can pick you apart and can be difficult to get a hold of.

I'd like to.see you as a panel guest on UFC Tonight.

"Yoel Romero is a baraka. He is powerful and wildly unpredictable. Now Machida was more of a Ryu, in his prime - but these days, he's become more of a Dan."

(Bisping stares at you for a full minute)

This is Dumb, Stephen Thompson is not a point fighter. 5 of his 9 UFC wins are knockouts. And in all of his wins I feel like he dropped his opponent at least once.
LMFAO.

Did you even see the tyron fights? Let me guess, u thought wonderboy won even though he never dropped tyron....and got dropped by tyron.

And like till said...wonderbot was point fighting...never tried to finish.

"it's Muay Thai striker vs karate striker with a bit of mma involved, so we'll see who will triumph"

sounds good to me

Yep, when till KO's someone like Whittaker, I'll start listening to him.

"it's Muay Thai striker vs karate striker with a bit of mma involved, so we'll see who will triumph"

sounds good to me

Shogun-Machida, Pettis-Cerrone, I always love these fights. Go Wonderboy!

giphy.gif

Point fighter...lol. Lemme tell you right fuckin' now, this is worth a LOT of points

Back