Tim Kennedy joins Infowars

Their name was sort of ambiguous, but upon further investigation, it seems that the ISPU is actually some sort of Muslim civil rights organization. That doesn't necessarily impugn their citation, but it does warrant some extra scrutiny. I'm definitely going to look into it.
Either way, that was a number from a separate book they were citing which unrelated to ISPU. So investigate the guy who wrote that book if anything

Way off. Way way way off. 1.6 billion Muslims means 1% is 16 million, not 160 million. That means .5% is about 8 million, give or take.

That's right. I was hasty with the math. 8 million still isn't a small number. The amount of Muslims that adhere to regressive ideas is actually remarkably high, according to the Pew study.

That's right. I was hasty with the math. 8 million still isn't a small number. The amount of Muslims that adhere to regressive ideas is actually remarkably high, according to the Pew study.
Yeah. I don't doubt that, but it doesn't necessarily make them dangerous. Also 'regressive ideas' is fairly broad.

A lot of it is cultural man. It's like in different predominantly Muslim countries and cultures women have to dress more or less modest. There are no specific rules a lot of times in the religious texts and it is more of the law of the land. A lot of these places are unbelievably poor with no education and have been that way for thousands of years. Many, many factors outside of religion.

Yeah. I don't doubt that, but it doesn't necessarily make them dangerous. Also 'regressive ideas' is fairly broad.

Well, I'll be more specific. Here are some of the statistics from the study I mentioned:

'Support for Sharia

% of Muslims who favor making Sharia the official law in their country

Russia - 42%
Kosovo - 20%
Bosnia - 15%
Albania - 12%

Kyrgyzstan - 35%
Tajikistan - 27%
Turkey - 12%
Kazakhstan - 10%
Azerbaijan - 8%

Malaysia - 86%
Thailand - 77%
Indonesia - 72%
Afghanistan - 99%
Pakistan - 84%
Bangladesh - 82%

Iraq - 91%
Palestine - 89%
Morocco - 83%
Egypt - 74%
Jordan - 71%
Tunisia - 56%
Lebanon - 29%

Niger - 86%
Djibouti - 82%
Congo - 74%
Nigeria - 71%
Uganda - 66%
Ethiopia - 65%
Mozambique - 65%
Kenya - 64%
Mali - 63%
Ghana - 58%
Senegal - 53%
Cameroon - 53%
Liberia - 52%
Chad - 47%
Guinea Bissau - 47%
Tanzania - 37%

Wide Agreement that Certain Behaviors are Morally Wrong

Median % of Muslims who say each behavior is morally wrong

Homosexuality:
Southern-Eastern Europe
83%

Central Asia
85%

Southeast Asia
95%

South Asia
79%

Middle East-North Africa
93%

Sub-Saharan Africa
91%

Attitudes Towards Women's Rights

Median % of Muslims who completely or mostly agree...

'A wife must obey her husband'

Southern-Eastern Europe
43%

Southeast Asia
93%

Central Asia
70%

South Asia
88%

Middle East-North Africa
87%

Support for Suicide Bombing

% of Muslims who say suicide bombing in defense of Islam is...

'Often/sometimes justified'

Bosnia - 3%
Albania - 6%
Russia - 4%
Kosovo - 11%

Azerbaijan - 1%
Kazakhstan - 2%
Tajikistan - 3%
Kyrgyzstan - 10%
Turkey - 15%

Indonesia - 7%
Malaysia - 18%

Pakistan - 13%
Bangladesh - 26%
Afghanistan - 39%

Iraq - 7%
Tunisia - 12%
Jordan - 15%
Morocco - 9%
Egypt - 29%
Palestine - 40%

Numbers like 40% are outrageous, but that's to be expected from the islamofascist Palestine, one of the most fundamentalist Muslim quasi-nations on the planet. The real shocker is that there is still double digit support for suicide bombing among South-Eastern European and Central Asian Muslims. Even just the 3% in Bosnia is ridiculous, much less the 11% in Kosovo, or the 15% in Turkey that say suicide bombing is often/sometimes justified. These numbers indicate that the further away you get from the origin of Islam, the less extreme your views become, but they will still be somewhat extreme relative to the rest of the non-Muslim population.'

Back to that study again: I re-read the wording. They seem to be talking about Muslims in general, not specifically prisoners who converted to Islam in prison. I'm curious to know their recidivism rate specifically. But perhaps the meat of the PDF addresses that point as well.

There is no Islam attack

It's individual extremists

You can't say "oh these Christians are just individuals who happen to be Christians" then on the other hand. It apply that logic to Islam
Wtf are you talking about? Your logic is a complete fail.

There's definitely a difference in someone who's a Christian, or a Muslim, committing a random act of violence and someone committing acts of violence because their religious ideology tells them too. It's a pretty simple concept to grasp so I'm not sure why your brain isn't processing it.....

You're simply moving goalposts to try to win an argument and keep your blinders on.

Bad ideas are bad ideas. Defending them because of "intolerance" doesn't make any sense.

A lot of it is cultural man. It's like in different predominantly Muslim countries and cultures women have to dress more or less modest. There are no specific rules a lot of times in the religious texts and it is more of the law of the land. A lot of these places are unbelievably poor with no education and have been that way for thousands of years. Many, many factors outside of religion.

Religion is a huge factor in defining the culture, and sometimes the most important. These notions about modesty and keeping women shrouded are derived (specifically or not) from Islamic literature and history. Much of what Americans believe about certain things, like homosexuals and corporal punishment, was derived from Christian literature. You can't pretend like they have no connection. 'no education' They're being educated on the Quran and told to shun things of value, which is the problem.

Wtf are you talking about? Your logic is a complete fail.

There's definitely a difference in someone who's a Christian, or a Muslim, committing a random act of violence and someone committing acts of violence because their religious ideology tells them too. It's a pretty simple concept to grasp so I'm not sure why your brain isn't processing it.....

You're simply moving goalposts to try to win an argument and keep your blinders on.

Bad ideas are bad ideas. Defending them because of "intolerance" doesn't make any sense.
You genuinely think Muslim ideology is to commit terroism and atrocities?

If so you must genuinely have a brain injury

And before you whip out a quaran quote about smiting non believers and such like there's plenty of stuff like that in bible

The bible and quaran share many commonalities

Well, I'll be more specific. Here are some of the statistics from the study I mentioned:

'Support for Sharia

% of Muslims who favor making Sharia the official law in their country

Russia - 42%
Kosovo - 20%
Bosnia - 15%
Albania - 12%

Kyrgyzstan - 35%
Tajikistan - 27%
Turkey - 12%
Kazakhstan - 10%
Azerbaijan - 8%

Malaysia - 86%
Thailand - 77%
Indonesia - 72%
Afghanistan - 99%
Pakistan - 84%
Bangladesh - 82%

Iraq - 91%
Palestine - 89%
Morocco - 83%
Egypt - 74%
Jordan - 71%
Tunisia - 56%
Lebanon - 29%

Niger - 86%
Djibouti - 82%
Congo - 74%
Nigeria - 71%
Uganda - 66%
Ethiopia - 65%
Mozambique - 65%
Kenya - 64%
Mali - 63%
Ghana - 58%
Senegal - 53%
Cameroon - 53%
Liberia - 52%
Chad - 47%
Guinea Bissau - 47%
Tanzania - 37%

Wide Agreement that Certain Behaviors are Morally Wrong

Median % of Muslims who say each behavior is morally wrong

Homosexuality:
Southern-Eastern Europe
83%

Central Asia
85%

Southeast Asia
95%

South Asia
79%

Middle East-North Africa
93%

Sub-Saharan Africa
91%

Attitudes Towards Women's Rights

Median % of Muslims who completely or mostly agree...

'A wife must obey her husband'

Southern-Eastern Europe
43%

Southeast Asia
93%

Central Asia
70%

South Asia
88%

Middle East-North Africa
87%

Support for Suicide Bombing

% of Muslims who say suicide bombing in defense of Islam is...

'Often/sometimes justified'

Bosnia - 3%
Albania - 6%
Russia - 4%
Kosovo - 11%

Azerbaijan - 1%
Kazakhstan - 2%
Tajikistan - 3%
Kyrgyzstan - 10%
Turkey - 15%

Indonesia - 7%
Malaysia - 18%

Pakistan - 13%
Bangladesh - 26%
Afghanistan - 39%

Iraq - 7%
Tunisia - 12%
Jordan - 15%
Morocco - 9%
Egypt - 29%
Palestine - 40%

Numbers like 40% are outrageous, but that's to be expected from the islamofascist Palestine, one of the most fundamentalist Muslim quasi-nations on the planet. The real shocker is that there is still double digit support for suicide bombing among South-Eastern European and Central Asian Muslims. Even just the 3% in Bosnia is ridiculous, much less the 11% in Kosovo, or the 15% in Turkey that say suicide bombing is often/sometimes justified. These numbers indicate that the further away you get from the origin of Islam, the less extreme your views become, but they will still be somewhat extreme relative to the rest of the non-Muslim population.'

Back to that study again: I re-read the wording. They seem to be talking about Muslims in general, not specifically prisoners who converted to Islam in prison. I'm curious to know their recidivism rate specifically. But perhaps the meat of the PDF addresses that point as well.
Gotta be honest, the numbers as far as beliefs on homosexuality and wives obeying their husbands are high, but those kind of beliefs are prevalent even in here America. When you get to extreme beliefs, the numbers drop off significantly, you have to admit.

Palestine is a whole other can of worms I don't even want to open. All I will say is that they have been in a sustained state of war and occupation for generations now, they are likely to be more accepting of any kind of violence in a time like that. I don't want to take sides on that conflict, but consider the statistics. Over 2,200 Palestinians, over 70% of which were civilians and about 500 of which were children, were killed in the summer of 2014 alone.

I know what you'll say about Hamas and how they were elected, but there are three sides to every story and propaganda everywhere, particularly in this conflict.

There is always more than meets the eye.

It's like in different predominantly Muslim countries and cultures women have to dress more or less modest.

'And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.'

As I was saying, Islam promotes modesty and repression of beauty, sexuality, behavior, etc.

'And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.'

As I was saying, Islam promotes modesty and repression of beauty, sexuality, behavior, etc.
And this is why you are an idiot

You can pull plenty of quotes from the bible that would be equally repressive or odd to modern eyes

So does Christianity, that's common in religion and I don't even disagree. I like modesty in general and I'd be lying if I said it didn't count for more in women. My point was that the levels of 'modesty' are different in different countries and regions based more on culture than religion. No specific guidelines, what you quoted is about as specific as it gets.

Gotta be honest, the numbers as far as beliefs on homosexuality and wives obeying their husbands are high, but those kind of beliefs are prevalent even in here America. When you get to extreme beliefs, the numbers drop off significantly, you have to admit.

They drop off, but they're still far too high. 26% of Malaysians, for instance, say that suicide bombing in the name Islam is often or sometimes justified. That's absurd for a Southeast Asian country. We have extremists beliefs here on homosexuality and other issues, but not anywhere near what Muslim-majority countries experience. The mere act of homosexuality is a capital offense all throughout the Muslim world. They're regularly attacked and killed due to their sexuality with impunity. There is no comparison.

So does Christianity, that's common in religion and I don't even disagree. I like modesty in general and I'd be lying if I said it didn't count for more in women. My point was that the levels of 'modesty' are different in different countries and regions based more on culture than religion. No specific guidelines, what you quoted is about as specific as it gets.

'So does Christianity' is not an argument. I made the case that religion often defines the culture. Modesty and repression is one example. The fact that Muslims implement these verses to different degrees doesn't negate this fact.

"And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire." (Leviticus 21:9)

"When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her." (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)

Here's some for Coolidge lol

But isn't hand cutting what dirty Muslims do? Bwhaha

And this is why you are an idiot

You can pull plenty of quotes from the bible that would be equally repressive or odd to modern eyes

You're proving to be the idiot, as usual. 'B-b-but Christianity' is not an argument. Learn how to read and absorb information. The argument was never that Christianity is absent of those commands.

'So does Christianity' is not an argument. I made the case that religion often defines the culture. Modesty and repression is one example. The fact that Muslims implement these verses to different degrees doesn't negate this fact.
See below retard for some tasty quotes lol you are such a hypocrite

You're proving to be the idiot, as usual. 'B-b-but Christianity' is not an argument. Learn how to read and absorb information. The argument was never that Christianity is absent of those commands.
Here you go douche nozzle

"And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire." (Leviticus 21:9)

"When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her." (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)

Here's some for Coolidge lol

But isn't hand cutting what dirty Muslims do? Bwhaha

Here you go douche nozzle

Once again with a highlight:
'You're proving to be the idiot, as usual. 'B-b-but Christianity' is not an argument. Learn how to read and absorb information. The argument was never that Christianity is absent of those commands.'

You're painfully uninformed. A man of peace, supposedly, should not be engaged in any form of warfare, much less multiple wars. He wasn't just simply 'at war' (implying it was beyond his control), either, you nitwit. Muhammad participated in both defensive and offensive wars, i.e. ones he initiated. There are verses where Muhammad chastises his followers for not having enough appreciation for battle and bloodshed. There is no justification for ambushing and murdering caravan owners, stealing their resources, and using them to fight more wars. There is no justification for Muhammad ordering one of his underlings to murder the Jewish poet Abu Afak for the crime of disparaging him in text (sounds a lot like Charlie Hebdo, doesn't it?).
He was a man of peace until someone disagreed with his bullshit. Then he got his way with warfare.

Once again with a highlight:
'You're proving to be the idiot, as usual. 'B-b-but Christianity' is not an argument. Learn how to read and absorb information. The argument was never that Christianity is absent of those commands.'
You quote from the quaran and ignore similar quotes in the bible

Bet you love the old hand cutting of women eh ;)

Good old Coolidge

Back