Tim Kennedy Shares His Thoughts on Anti-Depressants

Anti-depressants and big pharma companies are a load of shit, any level headed adult should be able to realize this.

Kennedy isn’t some genius for pointing it out.

I guess the millions upon millions of people that are on antidepressants (that actually work for them) is a load of shit, eh?

Well, that’s why Kennedy was in the military, and fought in a cage. He doesn’t know shit about psychology......

Pain meds work.

Even when it comes to pain relief there are meds who dont work for everyone. Doesnt mean those cant help others.

Btw I think there is a lot wrong with the pharma industry and doctors giving out pills way too fast but saying anti depressants dont work or there arent people who need them is simply wrong.

Tim's daily reminder that he's an idiot.

Does Tim even fight anymore? It's been two years since he got flatlined by Gastelum

When do we stop giving a fuck what this idiot has to say?

I love how people say:
If you're having sex, you don't need antidepressants.

Well no shit!
People get depressed when they aren't having sex. DUH!

Something that confuses me about the way we treat mental health is the way that we basically ask people to take a survey about their sense of self worth and if the score is really low the immediate next step is “you have a chemical balance in your brain and you need drugs to fix it”. I’m not saying depression is fake, and for sure many people are deeply struggling with their mental health and their pain is real, but I think mental health professionals are way too quick to prescribe medications.

At least that was my experience when I sought mental health help many years ago. I was turned off by the experience and eventually “overcame” my demons my own way. Maybe things are different nowadays.

Anti-depressants saved my life when I was on the verge of suicide and this happens to million of people suffering from severe mental illness.

Tim Kennedy is right about the importance of the BASICS of life, though. But if you're really sick you might need medicine to cross the threshold, get those basics back in your life and start to rebuild your life - which will ultimately lead to recovery.

Sex is the last thing someone with (serious) depression should do.

A specific timeframe of mediation + cognitive behavioral therapy is a proven way to overcome it.

Why would sex be bad if you're depressed?

Figured he'd prescribe, I don't know, waterboarding, killing women and children, shooting guns and punching people in the face.

The Gastelum fight was highly enjoyable.

He forgot to mention that using a 50 cal to blast away women and children who most probably had explosive vests under their rags is also terrific depression relief.

Blank_35d537_5964511.jpg

That's weird, I didn't know a C-Level Horsemeat knucklehead was a doctor.

As someone who works in a fairly related field, I can tell you that people generally overestimate how much psychology really knows about the brain and how to treat mental illness.

It's much more individualized than most people want to admit, both in treatment and response.

Those things he lists can help you if you’re bummed out or feeling down, but depressions is an actual medical condition, that requires actual medical treatment.

Back