Time to start carrying a gun

Ballistics is a science not opinion.

Nothing in that video is new to me. In fact this info is part of how I made the choice I made. Because you are giving unasked for advice I am not choosing to share with you the two other unknown to you, factors that I used when making my decision.

@Cubo de Sangre I know, I'm becoming a fan. A HS friend of mine just showed me his, and I at least like the grip better.

Was it the 75? Steel frames are the best, but I'm a range shooter. Their polymer P10 kicks ass. Great trigger. Been doing a dry-fire break-in with mine and haven't put live rounds through it yet. Can say the trigger is better than most other striker-fired models.

I’ve been considering getting a fan Wesson valor.

People seem to love those. Never handled their work myself. Well, other than when CZ did a limited run of 1911's that the DW factory produced. Story was that CZ wanted a military contract but couldn't compete unless they had pistols fully manufactured in the US. So they ran 1000 of these historically-faithful 1911A1's. It's no custom job or Guncrafter Industries, but it ain't no Springfield either. So basically, a CZ-branded an entry level ($750) DW. So sexy! Could use different sights, an ambi thumb safety, and some trigger work to get the pull weight down.

2015_CZ_1911_A1_L.png

Was it the 75? Steel frames are the best, but I'm a range shooter. Their polymer P10 kicks ass. Great trigger. Been doing a dry-fire break-in with mine and haven't put live rounds through it yet. Can say the trigger is better than most other striker-fired models.

People seem to love those. Never handled their work myself. Well, other than when CZ did a limited run of 1911's that the DW factory produced. Story was that CZ wanted a military contract but couldn't compete unless they had pistols fully manufactured in the US. So they ran 1000 of these historically-faithful 1911A1's. It's no custom job or Guncrafter Industries, but it ain't no Springfield either. So basically, a CZ-branded an entry level ($750) DW. So sexy! Could use different sights, an ambi thumb safety, and some trigger work to get the pull weight down.

2015_CZ_1911_A1_L.png

I think I remember when you got that 1911. Right now the only 1911s I have are a ruger and a kimber but it seems like the Springfield operator or the DW valor check all the boxes.

I think I remember when you got that 1911. Right now the only 1911s I have are a ruger and a kimber but it seems like the Springfield operator or the DW valor check all the boxes.

Instead of upgrading to the DW, have you considered getting work done on your Ruger or Kimber?

Instead of upgrading to the DW, have you considered getting work done on your Ruger or Kimber?

Yeah off and on, the thing is the kimber is an old SIS model, th y don’t make it any more, it’s sort of collectible, the Ruger really needs stilling on the front strap.

Yeah off and on, the thing is the kimber is an old SIS model, th y don’t make it any more, it’s sort of collectible, the Ruger really needs stilling on the front strap.

I hear ya'. Part of me doesn't want to modify the CZ due to it being limited. What I really want is a 9mm Commander. Either the Colt Wiley Clapp (and some smith work) or a Guncrafter No Name. Just need a few grand to fall out of the sky. :D

I hear ya'. Part of me doesn't want to modify the CZ due to it being limited. What I really want is a 9mm Commander. Either the Colt Wiley Clapp (and some smith work) or a Guncrafter No Name. Just need a few grand to fall out of the sky. :D

Yeah I hear you, I’m dealing with a pile of nice scopes that I spent too much $$$ on LoL, I need to get them on rifles and get rid of The scopes I’m taking off to free up some funds.

Yup. A shotgun would have turned this situation entirely in your favor. They kick in the door, boom boom boom, face full of buckshot for both these assholes.

Did they go down the hall and try other rooms? Seems weird they would randomly pick you and then just leave.

Yes but when they kick his door in he has to first say "say 'ello to my litto frend!" And then blow their chests wide open, blood spilling all over the floor and his daughter witnessing how hardcore his dad is.

Yes but when they kick his door in he has to first say "say 'ello to my litto frend!" And then blow their chests wide open, blood spilling all over the floor and his daughter witnessing how hardcore his dad is.

For an MMA forum there sure are a lot of manginas on here, jesus christ. Defending your family is just unimaginably masculine to you?

Here's a woman doing it.

Get your shit together.

Gee, TS, it seems like you are overlooking the extremely powerful tool of a locking device on your door. It saved your bacon this time.

What situation are you envisioning that a gun would have protected you better? Like, you think the two bad guys were going to bust out their trusty battering ram?

May I proffer a further tip: don’t stay in shitty ass, ghetto hotels. I’m pretty sure this doesn’t happen at the Mariot.

Great. Good to know that the guy who makes “joking” death threats to liberals is a legit gun freak. That’s just super.

Omigod the hand wringing pansies on here...

I'm guessing he meant "motel".

So a group of armed masked men stood outside his door for 5 minutes, in broad sight of anybody in the parking lot or driving by? Several people have asked clarifying questions and he hasn't answered them, which makes this seem a bit unlikely.

So a group of armed masked men stood outside his door for 5 minutes, in broad sight of anybody in the parking lot or driving by? Several people have asked clarifying questions and he hasn't answered them, which makes this seem a bit unlikely.

I don't know if the story is true, but it's not exactly unbelievable in a general sense. Criminals are dumb, and knocking on motel doors in the middle of the night to attack and rob the first poor soul who opens their door, isn't an out of this world idea for some dumb fuck thugs.

I take my handgun everywhere. To church, to the store, family get-togethers. I even have it on my waist mowing the lawn.

Gotta watch out for those gophers . . . I guess.

Back