Time to start carrying a gun

For an MMA forum there sure are a lot of manginas on here, jesus christ. Defending your family is just unimaginably masculine to you?

Here's a woman doing it.

Get your shit together.

I'm Canadian and we don't get hard for conceal and carry like Americans.

Must have been post-Katrina. :eek::D
Back in the 90s. I was going to shoot a match at Camp Bullis. My cohort talked me into staying instead of waking up early enough to drive 4hrs to get there.

In the summer hitels are all booked without reservation due to sea world.

I knew there would only be shitholes available, but agreed anyhow.

Got zero sleep before that match.

You can tell the people in here that have no experience in situations like this.

TS did everything right and the gun would be if they kicked the door in.

The object of the weapon was not to stop them from trying to get in it would be if they got in.

You can find plenty of stories of home owners shooting and stopping forced entry. Women have done it and kids have done it.

If you think walking into gun fire would not have stoped them you have no idea what you are talking about. Hell SWAT teams have been turned back by running into weapons fire. These guys would have turned and run at first fire. They are not there for a gun fight, they are there for a victim. Anyone that places their and their families lives at the supposed good will of a criminal in any situation like this is a dumb ass.

A shotgun has a physiological advantage in home defense but not a real ballistic one due to distance and spread pattern . That is true unless you go wth a stubby but then you limit ammo carried, not getting into specialize weapons.

Yes of course it is.
Just look at the countries where people think they need a gun.
Those are all shithole countries in South America and Africa and the US.
Almost no one in Japan, Norway or Germany thinks they need a gun for their daily safety.
Because they have systems in place that fight crimes before they occur.
These systems to fight crime before they occur failed to prevent murder 362 times in Japan, 716 times in Germany, and 27 times in Norway in 2015. I wonder what those numbers look like in Germany since they have let in so many peaceful refugees since 2015.
Also there are not " countries" in the US, the US is a country. Where do you live that is so great since you seem to toss around the word shithole so easily?

These systems to fight crime before they occur failed to prevent murder 362 times in Japan, 716 times in Germany, and 27 times in Norway in 2015. I wonder what those numbers look like in Germany since they have let in so many peaceful refugees since 2015.
Also there are not " countries" in the US, the US is a country. Where do you live that is so great since you seem to toss around the word shithole so easily?

Ah ok, I didn't know that. So the US had no murders because of all the guns?

Ah ok, I didn't know that. So the US had no murders because of all the guns?
No the US has more than it's fair share of murders and you know that. But the statistics can be misleading. There are approximately 17,000 deaths by firearm in the US each year.
The part that is rarely discussed is how these numbers are arrived at. Everything is included in that number, suicides, people that are shot while committing a robbery or attempted murder, legitimate shootings by police, they are all part of the numbers.
In the case of the thread starter if those 2 guys had kicked in the door and started shooting and the TS fired back killing them, it would be 2 more deaths by firearm in the statistics even though both of the attackers were justifiably shot.
In 2014 the number of actual murders in the US listed in the FBI Uniform Crime Stats was 8124. In a country of 330,000,000 people.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....able_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2010-2014.xls

No the US has more than it's fair share of murders and you know that. But the statistics can be misleading. There are approximately 17,000 deaths by firearm in the US each year.
The part that is rarely discussed is how these numbers are arrived at. Everything is included in that number, suicides, people that are shot while committing a robbery or attempted murder, legitimate shootings by police, they are all part of the numbers.
In the case of the thread starter if those 2 guys had kicked in the door and started shooting and the TS fired back killing them, it would be 2 more deaths by firearm in the statistics even though both of the attackers were justifiably shot.
In 2014 the number of actual murders in the US listed in the FBI Uniform Crime Stats was 8124. In a country of 330,000,000 people.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....able_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2010-2014.xls

OK but considering that the US has like 17000 murders and Germany only has around 400 and Japan even less.
Wouldnt you say that overall the German and Japanese approach to fighting murders is much better.

OK but considering that the US has like 17000 murders and Germany only has around 400 and Japan even less.
Wouldnt you say that overall the German and Japanese approach to fighting murders is much better.
The US doesn't have 17,000 murders it has around 8000. You would know that if you had read the post you quoted in your reply.
I wouldn't say that the "German or Japanese approach to fighting murders is much better " because I don't agree with your unstated premise that strict gun control is simply an approach to fighting murders.
Some countries have cultures that are more violent than others. In the US people kill others in all manner of ways other than with firearms at a higher rate as well. So at this time we are more violent than either Germans or Japanese.
I'd rather have the option of being able to defend myself with a firearm if necessary than to not be able to have that option.

The US doesn't have 17,000 murders it has around 8000. You would know that if you had read the post you quoted in your reply.
I wouldn't say that the "German or Japanese approach to fighting murders is much better " because I don't agree with your unstated premise that strict gun control is simply an approach to fighting murders.
Some countries have cultures that are more violent than others. In the US people kill others in all manner of ways other than with firearms at a higher rate as well. So at this time we are more violent than either Germans or Japanese.
I'd rather have the option of being able to defend myself with a firearm if necessary than to not be able to have that option.

I think the US has 17,000 murders. The 8000 you are thinking of are just gun-related murders. They take in more than just murder to come to the 17,000? I think you call them nonneglegent manslaughter in the US. The number from Germany also takes those manslaughter cases into account.

So knowing those numbers you still don't think the German and Japanese approaches are better?
I mean its not just gun laws that are a rather small part of it.
It is mostly the overall social spending that fights crime.

I think the US has 17,000 murders. The 8000 you are thinking of are just gun-related murders. They take in more than just murder to come to the 17,000? I think you call them nonneglegent manslaughter in the US. The number from Germany also takes those manslaughter cases into account.

So knowing those numbers you still don't think the German and Japanese approaches are better?
I mean its not just gun laws that are a rather small part of it.
It is mostly the overall social spending that fights crime.
The US has 17,000 firearms related deaths of which approximately 8000 are murders with a firearm being used, as stated previously.
I don't really know what the complete strategies of these countries are in reducing crime quite frankly.
Whether social spending reduces crime, and to what extent, I'm not certain.
I still think that at this time the US in general, is a more violent culture than either Germany or Japan, and I don't think that simply being able to own firearms is a big factor.

Last edited:

That's so elite of you, also its concealed carry which is one method of carrying a firearm. Being educated on a subject before mocking it behooves you.

I thank God that you, your girlfriend, and your daughter are okay.

Must have been a terrifying experience.

If you'd been Scottish you'd have just shouted, Away ye go ya pair of bams or I'll kick yer cunts in, and that would've been the end of it. No gun required.

I guess you'll die happy and without regret, if you happen to be a murder victim, since the probability is low anything like that will ever happen to you. Who needs guns when we can just move to Canada. :rolleyes:

Back