Times fighters had to leave the cage on stretchers?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Doesn't happen often, but they're have been a few cases

- Aljamain last night

- Lombard after Hendo KO

- Paixao after Garza KO

What am I missing? I know there's been more and I feel like I'm forgetting a couple

Fujita after Overeem mashed his head
Cro Cop after Overeem mashed his balls (I think?)
Yvel after Wanderlei mashed his balls

Oleg Taktarov at Pride 1 - that's his corner throwing in the towel but it was already too late.

They put a towel over his face and carried him out on a stretcher I remember when we first saw it we thought he was dead.

Then the camera cut to Goodridge's corner and he's saying "Huh, carried the fuck out on a stretcher".

Bas was commentating - I think him and Mauro went back and commentated over the old events for the DVD and he said 'Man Oleg really took a shellacking!'

goodridge-taktarov.jpg

images

tumblr_nfdn5hZYuf1tbl8wbo1_400.gif

tumblr_nfdn5hZYuf1tbl8wbo4_400.gif

7lOvlmA.jpg

Last edited:
Agmagov vs waldburger UFC 166. They didn't show it on TV, but tj left on a stretcher

Not a ko but didn't Faber have to be taken out on a stretcher of his Also fight in WEC?

Telligman after Big Tim kicked his head off.
Not only that, but Terry Martin left on a stretcher earlier in the night (if I remember correctly), making it the only event to have multiple fighters leave the ring on a stretcher. That was one hell of a card.

Oleg Taktarov at Pride 1 - that's his corner throwing in the towel but it was already too late.

They put a towel over his face and carried him out on a stretcher I remember when we first saw it we thought he was dead.

Then the camera cut to Goodridge's corner and he's saying "Huh, carried the fuck out on a stretcher".

Bas was commentating - I think him and Mauro went back and commentated over the old events for the DVD and he said 'Man Oleg really took a shellacking!'

goodridge-taktarov.jpg

images

tumblr_nfdn5hZYuf1tbl8wbo1_400.gif

tumblr_nfdn5hZYuf1tbl8wbo4_400.gif

I love the part when Gary's corner starts snapping pics of Oleg's unconscious carcass.

Such a nasty KO. The final shot that turns his head toward the camera.. f'n nasty

One of the nastiest KO's I've ever seen. TJ didnt have the best chin anyway but amagov absolutely annihilated it in this fight. Scary gnp

Back