Tips on zeroing M1A rifles for long ranges?

Ironic timing, because I'm in Wichita and couldn't find the time to go zero the damn rifles.

Will definatley go in March, during my next break from the road.
Bummer man. Gonna probably take mine out to the range this weekend before work. Haven't shot mine in like a year or so.

How far can/do you plan on taking it out on that range?
Sadly the range close to me is just 100 yards. If I drive out to Burro Canyon I can get 250 yards.

I really need to find a good long distsnce rifle range around here.

If the only place you have to shoot is 100 yards then zero it for that range. No point in zeroing it for distances you won't be regularly shooting at.

How is the M1A treating you so far besides it not being zeroed in, any issues, etc?

Sadly the range close to me is just 100 yards. If I drive out to Burro Canyon I can get 250 yards.

I really need to find a good long distsnce rifle range around here.

As extra, you could get something like this:

tacticool01x600.png

I paid $420 for mine, $15 or couple extra 10rd mags, $70 for that stock, (ebayed the stock it came with)
Had trigger job, (You need to pin the scope base) Then put this Scope on it:
weavertacscope8bit.png

GET THIS AMMO:

2134195_XL.JPG

May have had it pillar bedded in the stock, can't remember put a larger bolt knob on it.

Stock barrel.

With the ammo listed it will consistently print 1 inch 20 shot groups at 100 yards. With 250 yards max you can set up so many long range simulations, with steel, (pool ques) all sorts of stuff, and get some pretty good long range practice without breaking the bank or needing 1000+ yards to do it.

Alternative long range lifestyle yo!

dad even gave me a Caldwell Led Sled for Christmas.
caldwell_820300_c_12.jpg
If the m1a isn't used for bench shooting is it possible that a bench zero will be less than ideal due to harmonic inconsistencies between a bench rest zero and a prone zero?

Want to eventually get it zeroed to be pinpoint accurate up to 300 yards.

probably gonna have to handload chrono and chart for submoa good luck! let us know how it turns out

How is the M1A treating you so far besides it not being zeroed in, any issues, etc?

Haven't shot either M1A yet. My folks live in Wichita, and I keep my guns with them, so i can't just walk outside and shoot a few rounds into something for practice.

Late to the thread.

Has using a bore laser been discussed to get the initial zero?

I used one for my recent build. Wasn't even close.

Interesting. What do you think made it off? Too linear at distance for ballistics? I ask because, I always see them and wondered if they were effective or not. My experience with a handgun bullet laserbore was about the same. But thought maybe a small handgun wasn’t the best thing to test it on.

Interesting. What do you think made it off? Too linear at distance for ballistics? I ask because, I always see them and wondered if they were effective or not. My experience with a handgun bullet laserbore was about the same. But thought maybe a small handgun wasn’t the best thing to test it on.

Dont really see the point in bore sighting at all unless you suspect your sights to be way off. Just go to range and zero it and job done. Should always zero a rifle each time you fire regardless

Not sure, it was a cartridge type shaped like a .223 round. Was supposed to be done at 25 yards. Did that, wasn't like 6" left 3 low.

The handgun trainer laser rounds from laserlyte seem to be dead nuts.

Back