Titan FC 45 Araujo vs Capitulino

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
BURUFMA.jpg

Complete Titan FC 45 weigh-in results and official bout order:

Valdir Araujo (169.8) vs. Adriano Capitulino (168.6)

Gustavo Balart (124.6) vs. Jorge Calvo (124.4)

Raush Manfro (154.4) vs. Martin Brown (155)

Carina Damm (134.2) vs. Jessica Rose Clark (134.4)

James Blair (124.8) vs. Oskar Askar (124.6)

Luciano dos Santos (154.8) vs. Demarques Jackson (155)

Steve Mowry (237.8) vs. Dusin Clements (247)

Gleidson DeJesus (139.8) vs. Chino Duran (138.8)

Uros Jurisic (176.6) vs. Demarcus Kemp (179)

Taylor Krahl (174) vs. Rob Turnquest (169)

Can't find a weigh-in video, but here are face off pics of some of the fighters at least. Interesting to note that the winner of the flyweight co-main event of Balart vs Calvo is supposed to get the next title shot vs Shorty Torres when he heals up from a broken hand if he doesn't get his next UFC call up by then. Apparently the UFC recently tried to get Torres on the Tuesday Night Contender Series and separately offered him a fight vs Justin Scoggins, but he's still undergoing physical therapy. Also, fwiw, Askar is apparently Belal Muhammad's brother. And Clark is on loan from Invicta for this fight. This, all according to Titan COO Lex MacMahon on the Titan FC podcast.

Calvo vs Balart (Torres in middle). Huge height difference!
4rZ4rox.jpg

Manfio vs Brown
KQW1YwV.jpg

Damm vs Clark
gefK8xh.jpg

Blair vs Askar
MUmgoJa.jpg

Clements vs Mowry
9fb3vRD.jpg

DeJesus vs Chino
IpYigMV.jpg

My god, I just looked up that Balart is 4' 11", which is one inch away from being considered a dwarf. Holy cow.

looks like it's gonna be -215 bb monstro and +165 capitulino

idk anything about capi. he's in his 30's like bb, he seems like he's a bjj guy..? two huge 170's.. bb monstro wins unless he gets tapped from bottom, probably? he gasses so badly, but he's never been tapped...

Dude, he can actually strike .. bb monstro so hittable.. especially when he gasses..

If he gets his td's he'll prolly win but if this capitulino guy has any gas, I like this

0.6u capi +165

I wish we got weigh-ins for all the card or even face-off pics for the main event instead of just a few of them on Instagram. I bit on BB Monstro at -170 to win 1u but I'm regretting it now because I just saw a video clip with Capitulino and he appears to have has decent striking power for a BJJ guy so he could potentially knock out a tired Araujo if he gasses. Otherwise Araujo grinds him out or submits him most likely. In the co-main event +195 was enough for me to take a 1u chance on the scrappy Calvo vs the diminutive 4'11" Balart, despite the latter's Cuban wrestling pedigree.

haha we're against each other on the main event in both events, jim. but i see you kinda regret it here.. hehe. we'll see. i'm not that confident in capitulino or anything.

0.3u calvo +155 (missed the +195) just cause the other dude is 4'11 haha. and calvo beat bruno korea from tuf brazil last fight.. yea why not! (wikicapped lol)

haha we're against each other on the main event in both events, jim. but i see you kinda regret it here.. hehe. we'll see. i'm not that confident in capitulino or anything.

0.3u calvo +155 (missed the +195) just cause the other dude is 4'11 haha. and calvo beat bruno korea from tuf brazil last fight.. yea why not! (wikicapped lol)
Yeah that video you posted elsewhere gave me some pause, guess I'll just hope BB Monstro does his thing and doesn't give Capitulino much room to hit him. Just as a tidbit of info, theTitan FC podcast on ITunes & Stitcher had some great anecdotes about many of the fighters. Calvo is apparently an attorney in Costa Rica who also owns his own fight promotion named after himself that he fights in frequently.

dude, i totally forgot who gustavo was. i saw his last fight in titan. he's an AWESOME wrestler, lol. the 4'10 dude. he has no power cause so tiny, he's gonna have all decisions his whole career, but he's prolly gonna get td's and lnp here too

wish i didn't bet 0.3u calvo, lol. serves me right for wikicapping when a quick youtube search would remind me who he was

^^ got my wish, haha. calvo all the way down to +110, i bought out of my small bet

Wow, Turnquest wrecked Krahl's arm and maybe shoulder.

Fast stoppage in the second bout after that short notice dude got dropped.

Oh shit, this is tonight? Played Balart now that his odds are down. Will probably stab Capitulino in main event.

Any estimate on when the two bettable fights will start?

Any estimate on when the two bettable fights will start?

i believe we have 3 fights to go (including this askar-blair fight) before balart-calvo and bb monstro-capitulino.

i'd guestimate about 1 hour.. the damm-rose clark fight is gonna go the distance.. no clue on brown-manflo

cause no one made a thread =P we've never made one for LFA, tho. but i wouldn't mind it going forward. they're consistently fun to watch.

he's a legit wrestler.. hard to deal with
I just made one and it got merged into General mma lines. Come on guys LFA is legit enough to have its own thread. Plus there's always odds on nearly all the fights on all main cards

Back