Title Boxing Heavy Bag Wallmount Hanger Review

Great job with a the mounting Analnojitsu. I have limited space due to a window, can anyone give me the height distance from the bottom of the main bracket to the level of the extra support bars mounting spot. (Straight vertical distance, not an angled one). Thanks for your help!!

vjvj,

You and the rest of this thread have paved a path for me. I am about 90% done with my setup.:D I am so thankful for the insight you guys gave me. Wes Wasmer (Title) also gave some points. I’ve made a sturdy and very quiet configuration of the various items mentioned. Light but acceptable vibration. Here's what I used:
AngledView.jpg

- 3 8' x 4" boards (Lowes/Home Depot)
- TITLE Boxing Deluxe Heavy-Duty Wallmount Hanger (TITLE Boxing Deluxe Heavy-Duty Wallmount Hanger | TITLE Boxing Heavy Bags & Accessories | TITLE Boxing Gloves, Equipment, Gear, Supplies & Apparel | TITLE Brands from Title Boxing)
- TITLE Boxing Heavy Bag Spring (TITLE Boxing Heavy Bag Spring | TITLE Boxing Heavy Bags & Accessories | TITLE Boxing Gloves, Equipment, Gear, Supplies & Apparel | TITLE Brands from Title Boxing)
- Carabineer style chain link (250lb WLL)
- small rubber tube
- fastening hardware
- TITLE Classic Banana Heavy Bag (TITLE Classic Banana Heavy Bag | TITLE Classic Heavy Bags | TITLE Classic Equipment | TITLE Brands from Title Boxing)

For the 2 hanger supports, I ran two 8' x 8" boards parallel to each other against the wall. They were centered behind the studs of my garage wall and bolted. Guide holes were drilled both on boards and studs separately. It was a bitch trying to find the center of the studs since I found that plywood was boarded behind the drywall but I eventually figured that I follow the nails that were driven into the studs for the drywall and then drilled an array of holes to find the edges of the stud. I drew lines indicating studs.
DSC05259.jpg

Then I placed an additional board going across the top. This is basically for the base of the hanger. Measured the center and started drilling guide holes (6) for the hanger base. I actually planned to have 2 bolts going through the base, to the board, to the stud and then have the remaining 4 going outward from the board to the base of the hanger. This was done because if I went the other way, the 4 would only go through drywall and a thin layer of plywood and nothing solid.

DSC05328.jpg

I didn’t know how to fix the heavy duty spring directly to the hanger loop so I used the carabineer to hook it together. My original bag was thought to be 100lbs but it was around 75lbs. At this point the setup was very loud and had some vibration and found that the carabineer and spring were bouncing too much. The bag (being an Everlast bag I got 15 years ago) was too light and did not hang heavy enough to make the heavy duty spring to work positively (Thx Wes W.). Luckily I found a great deal on a TITLE Classic Banana Heavy Bag for $65. Bag weighed 100lbs and made a difference when punching and kicking but now the carabineer makes a grinding noise as if the carabineer and hanger loop was making strong friction. Solution: fed the carabineer through a small rubber tube I bought at hardware store. I considered having a sheet of rubber behind the hanger base as someone suggested but I think it would sacrifice sturdiness. The noise reduction improved significantly.
DSC05272.jpg

I did have an issue with the length of the banana bag (6’) connecting to the hanger since it was mounted at about 9’. So I took Vjvj’s tactic and shortened the chain of the bag but actually cutting it. The S hooks had to be bent to connect to the new ends.

DSC05340.jpg

In addition, I added an old “junker” computer with mounted monitor and speakers /w sub for music, instructional vids and UFC fights. Everything is currently going undergoing cosmetics…

Thank you all for your guidance, tips, and overall discussion of this product.

My Review:
This product is used at a few gyms I’ve trained in. Those gyms tend to mount on masonry, which is ultimately ideal. With mounting to wood, vibration is still going to be there. It seems reliable if you do not have the ability to hang from ceiling (most effective/sturdy). I’d definitely recommend it. Mine came without the Title sticker that is supposed to be at the loop so I can’t showboat the product’s brand. I will update what happens to my setup during the years if things go bad for posterity sake.

Awesome set up. How long is the bag from the wall? Is the plaster cracking after heavy use of the bag?

Back