"Tito, go ahead, tell them what I do so well."

I still think their fight was worked.

Tito is one of the worst trash talkers of all time lol.

Oh really? Well considering he is not technically in terms of wins and losses one of the best fighters of all time how did he make so much money? He sure knew how to market and promote himself and build rivalries and feuds. You don’t do that without knowing how to talk up a fight. And keep in mind he did this during the dark ages of the sport. No media coverage.

Both these guys fight better with their mouths then the rest of themselves. The only fast reflex they have, is their mouth.

Oh really? Well considering he is not technically in terms of wins and losses one of the best fighters of all time how did he make so much money? He sure knew how to market and promote himself and build rivalries and feuds. You don’t do that without knowing how to talk up a fight. And keep in mind he did this during the dark ages of the sport. No media coverage.

People back then must have had pretty low standards. Or they just hated him so much they paid to see him get his ass pummelled.

I really have no sympathy for Tito. He liked to play the bad boy and talk shit. I also don't like Chaelma whole hell of a lot. I liked when he beat up Silva for almost 5 rounds. His shtick is tiresome though.

I still think their fight was worked.
To what benefit ?

Sonnen was a favourite to win, but not by a lot, and the betting line didn't shift at all near the fight, meaning no major cash was dropped on Tito. So financially it's not a benefit.

Bellator doesn't benefit because it was Tito's retirement fight, and you want to have the guy who's going to continue fighting in your organization to win, not the one who's done fighting.

Sonnen doesn't benefit, because he was already on a losing streak, and was coming back from a long suspension. Getting tapped easily in the first round does nothing for his brand whatsoever.

So only Tito benefits. Did he personally pay off Chael to drop the fight ? Why would Chael agree to that ? It doesn't make any sense.

People back then must have had pretty low standards. Or they just hated him so much they paid to see him get his ass pummelled.

Did you actually watch back then? Because this man built feuds that were legendary with both Ken and Chuck. Chuck could not build a fight if his life depended on it because he can barely speak. Even back then. Those are the rivalries that literally built the UFC. His rematch with Chuck did over 1 million buys... An absolutely unheard of number at that time. Still a number we don’t see today hardly at all. Tito was a pioneer. He was the UFC’s first true superstar.

Did you actually watch back then? Because this man built feuds that were legendary with both Ken and Chuck. Chuck could not build a fight if his life depended on it because he can barely speak. Even back then. Those are the rivalries that literally built the UFC. His rematch with Chuck did over 1 million buys... An absolutely unheard of number at that time. Still a number we don’t see today hardly at all. Tito was a pioneer. He was the UFC’s first true superstar.

Titos rivalry with the Lion's Den deserves props for keeping things moving in the dark ages. He deserves even more props for those Chuck buys. I agree with your whole post.

giphy.gif

Titos rivalry with the Lion's Den deserves props for keeping things moving in the dark ages. He deserves even more props for those Chuck buys. I agree with your whole post.

Yep.. Tito was a star in a time where they had none..

"Well, he talks well. His mouth has got him every big fight that he's had. And every time it was time to present... and perform... he's failed. On Saturday night, it's not gonna change. What I do well — I come with heart, I come in with determination, I come in with hard work, and perseverance. When I get my hand raised, I’ll know why, and so will all the millions of fans that have had my back over the last 20 years."

"Tito always says I'm using my mouth to get my opportunities. The only person I know that made money using their mouth is his ex-wife."

tumblr_msmk8fBVt51rqb68fo3_500.gif

"That was a nasty line by me. They don't call you The Bad Guy for nothing."

Reminds me of that time he made a disrespectful comment about Anderson Silva's wife and got his ass beat.

American men are the only men in the world that wouldn't get into a fist-fight over their families getting insulted.

I know Tito's American too but he got his sense of honor from his Mexican heritage for sure.

Also lol @ Tito thinking he has millions of fans. Who the fuck is he kidding?

I like him again now. Rampage was a decent win

He promoted himself more with being the bad guy but never really with his voice.

Hes a terrible trash talker.

Chael: They don't call you a bad guy for nothing.

Tito: Yeah, a bad girl!

LMAO, I'm high as shit and it was just funny to me.

Tito needs to apologize to Ken Shamrock for laughing at his trash talking, because that was god awful in that clip.

Back