TJ camp situation not looking good

elwani

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
From what I can gather, the MusclePharm team in Colorado pretty much broke up and TJ's had to assemble a fight camp on the fly in California.

Elevation Fight Team moves out of MusclePharm training facility

Timestamped:

This means a lack of sparring partners and probably a lack of time with head coach Duane Ludwig who has to stay in Colorado. Compare this to Cody's situation where he has a full camp of people who's sparred with TJ and knows his game.

On a side note, sad to hear Mark Munoz had to close his Reign training center. It truly must be hard making money from gyms.

Last edited:
Hoping Neck-Tats goes Snake-Whisperer on homie

152l2ya.jpg

Last edited:
Sure. But we can compare TJ’s bad camp to Cody’s back problems.

An excuse to use if he loses

he is taking pretty well i think.
i always thought he trained at ludwig's. but ludwig's gym is more mats and heavy bag from what i have seen.

Way off.... Elevation Fight Team did not break up, they moved to Easton Training Center, same guys. That being said TJ and Cub Swanson set up a killer camp in Cali. They've got those two w Shorty Torres, Juan Archuleta, Jose Mariscal and another 5-10 135/145s. This is a better camp than he had at Elevation..

Can't imagine why he doesn't have a solid group of people surrounding him who are loyal and selfless.

Like the last comment elwani but you obviously don't know what you're talking about. He had no ufc 135/145s at Elevation, it was Cory Sandhagen and Jose Mariscal, he brought Mariscal w him. He also had Duane w him in CA, along w Mark Munoz, check IG...Uneducated post, fake news buddy

His head trainer sure had a lot to say
4c871ec414a35d3c1caaf9d3db4c4c14--london-pictures-the-lizard.jpg

TJ isssss the besssst. I sssssee titlesss in hissss future.

From what I can gather, the MusclePharm team in Colorado pretty much broke up and TJ's had to assemble a fight camp on the fly in California.

Timestamped:

This means a lack of sparring partners and probably a lack of time with head coach Dwayne Ludwig who has to stay in Colorado. Compare this to Cody's situation where he has a full camp of people who's sparred with TJ and knows his game.

On a side note, sad to hear Mark Munoz had to close his Reign training center. It truly must be hard making money from gyms.

wrong-gif.gif
landscape-1479206864-donald-trump-wrong.gif

Timestamped:

This means a lack of sparring partners and probably a lack of time with head coach Dwayne Ludwig who has to stay in Colorado. Compare this to Cody's situation where he has a full camp of people who's sparred with TJ and knows his game.

Yep, I imagine it's very hard to make it as a gym. Further complicating matters is the fact that I'm sure plenty of these fighters don't understand the business side of running a gym at all so they either have to learn that aspect really quickly or trust the right people. The fighters know how to train but there's a lot more than that to running a successful gym from a business aspect.

So? Tony trains in his back yard and big bear has no "team" other than visiting 10th planet for BJJ. I'd say he's doing pretty good. Still taking TJ teamless might do him some good thinking outside the box.

Way off.... Elevation Fight Team did not break up, they moved to Easton Training Center, same guys. That being said TJ and Cub Swanson set up a killer camp in Cali. They've got those two w Shorty Torres, Juan Archuleta, Jose Mariscal and another 5-10 135/145s. This is a better camp than he had at Elevation..

Like the last comment elwani but you obviously don't know what you're talking about. He had no ufc 135/145s at Elevation, it was Cory Sandhagen and Jose Mariscal, he brought Mariscal w him. He also had Duane w him in CA, along w Mark Munoz, check IG...Uneducated post, fake news buddy

Always happy to pick up more information on Sherdog and I don't claim to have all the information. However several things did make me think he did this not by choice, but because he had to.

Regarding Elevation team, it says in the article they haven't broken up, but it also says they've moved out of their gym sponsored by MusclePharm and are now spread out across branches of some other gym all over Colorado. They try to spin it positively, but to me it seems like MusclePharm just stopped funding them. There is also the fact that TJ has left the team. Do you actually have some other facts saying otherwise or are you just expressing a difference of opinion about the status of the team?

Regarding his time away from Duane, the latest embedded shot a day or two ago shows Duane just getting off the plane in California. There's also the fact that none of the shots in Countdown of TJ training in California shows Duane, and the fact that TJ said he was working with Parillo in California. Last of all, it would make sense if Duane can't just follow TJ full time to California, since Duane has a business in Colorado that he needs to run. So again, do you actually have some facts that says Duane has spent a lot of time in California with TJ, or are you just expressing a difference of opinion?

Last of all, a lot of people have asked TJ why he's training in California and he has never given a straight answer. That in itself is suspicious. In this Countdown, he even claims it is because he wanted to work with his new strength and conditioning coach. All this makes me think the move was something improvised due to circumstance rather than a carefully planned improvement.

We are all just sharing opinions based on the information we have. I see that your opinions differ from mine, but I don't really see you providing any new information. If you have some, please share it.

Last edited:
Yep, I imagine it's very hard to make it as a gym. Further complicating matters is the fact that I'm sure plenty of these fighters don't understand the business side of running a gym at all so they either have to learn that aspect really quickly or trust the right people. The fighters know how to train but there's a lot more than that to running a successful gym from a business aspect.
The problem is 80% of the money in these gyms are after school kids programs (basically daycare) and adult cardio kickboxing.

Being a pro fighter does not help at all with these two aspects yet it is what will keep you in business.

I've known multiple former fighters (two of which fought in the UFC) who have talked about opening gyms but the problem is they want to teach people to actually fight/train hard but that's not what the average person wants.

Advertise an MMA based class with hard wrestling and technical striking and you'll have maybe 5 people who will show up.

Advertise an after school kids program with free school pickup (shuttle bus) and advertise an adult Gi class with GUARANTEED stripe promotions for every 40 classes and BOOM, you go from 5 people in your gym to over 50 !!!!

For alot of fighters i've talked to, you basically have to sell your pride/soul to make money

Back