TJ did a proper number on Barao

Ysgramor

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
32 - 1 record before meeting TJ, with a 31 fight win streak.

After fighting T.J the second time, goes on to loose 3 fights and win 1. Meanwhile nobody actually gives a fuck he still around.

Any other dominant fighter made irrelevant like that?

When RDA mauled Pettis for 5 whole rounds.

Dude is not the same after that fight.

CM Punk was champ for 434 days then lost to Mickey Gall and hasn't looked good since.

He ruined Renan and now he ruined CoGar, he’s a wrecking machine. Bring on Cruz.

Rockhold on Weidman comes to mind..

Why must people keep bringing this up .
Barao fans like myself are still trying to get over this .
<DCrying>

32 - 1 record before meeting TJ, with a 31 fight win streak.

After fighting T.J the second time, goes on to loose 3 fights and win 1. Meanwhile nobody actually gives a fuck he still around.

Any other dominant fighter made irrelevant like that?
Most of those dominant fighters turn a lot more human after their first bad loss.

Junior is human after Cain beatings.
Anderson Silva after Weidman as well.
Fedor after Werdum.

It is not only them whom mentally (before the loss) had the inner confidence that they could overcome and win any fight.
After the loss, a seed of doubt is born and they don't pull the trigger as easily as they did.
And their opponents know they are beatable as well, so they trust themselves more (I can only imagine what they felt before facing those guys when they had that aura of unbeatability)...

But yeah, TJ did great against Barao. But he was not the best nor the only one to do this to a dominant champion.

Edgar/Penn..

Although BJ stayed relevant he was never the same after the second loss to Frankie..

Ngannou ! he doesnt want to hurt anyone else in his life!

When RDA mauled Pettis for 5 whole rounds.

Dude is not the same after that fight.

He beat the shit out of Cerrone right after that if I recall, then went on to beat 2 legit welterweights after losing the title and then was a close decision away from being interim WW champ

Barao looked invincible at one point and I can't think of any other champ that has faded into near obscurity the same way he has now. Fedor, Anderson, even Weidman etc still get attention.
Also, TJ is a great fighter, I have to say. His composure and skills are formidable.

He beat the shit out of Cerrone right after that if I recall, then went on to beat 2 legit welterweights after losing the title and then was a close decision away from being interim WW champ
I think he's talking about Pettis after that loss.

Those were two bad beatdowns TJ handed out.....Right after Baro got his teeth fixed it was all over. too nervous to damage em

Can't believe we're already 17 posts in and none of you goofballs have trotted out the line that it was USADA that did a proper number on Barao.

I mean, sure, Barao's fall to TJ was completely unrelated, given that it happened a whole year or so before USADA came in, but since when did Sherdog let facts get in the way of a good mud-slinging?

There had never been a fighter to fade as rapidly as Barao. Went from being invincibility and top 3 pound for pound to complete irrelevance in 1 fight.

barao was washed up, and dehydrated, fatigued by all these weight cuts, TJ was in righ time in right place.

Back