TJ Dillashaw throws Conor under the Bus ('Afraid to Fight')

"Not scared to defend like Conor"

*seeks fight with champ in lower weight class over defending his newly won title

<DirkMavs>
Tj' s natural weight class is 135. Competition there is tougher as well. He has fought all the top contenders there. Him fighting at 135 is the same as conor fighting at 155. Tj can fight at 125 still which would he like conor fighting at 145 except tj is dropping down to fight who many consider the goat of mma. I don't think conor could even still make the cut to 145. He also hasn't fought any top 5 fighters at 155 still. It's not even comparable man don't be so blind by the hype machine

I'm neither a Conor fan nor a hater. I was impressed with his Mayweather Fight and Alvarez Fights, however, his Diaz Fights shows where he ranks amongst the best. He was a great marketer and knew how to pick his Fights. Again, I give him respect for the Mayweather and Alvarez Fights, but as far as being a great Fighter....he is not. Not even close. He is one of those competitors that work hard to climb to the top, but cannot sustain the stress of being at at the top. Not all, but most of the competitors he fought on the way to the top is more than capable of beating him in a rematch. There is a reason he doesn't want to Fight now, and it is not just about the money. His marketing persona has already taken 2 dramatic finishes where he acknowledged the other guy was the better Fighter . He did win a controversial rematch against Diaz, but many felt he lost and didn't prove much. He cannot survive another loss so soon. It would lower the credibility of his persona, therefore, his value as a Prize Fighter. In other words, most wouldn't buy into his marketing skills.

What are his notable fights at 170? Yeah that’s what I thought.
He is not considered a 170 fighter he’s considered a 155’er.

Gsp just got the title at MW, do you consider him a 185’er or a 170’er?

If woodley has gone to fight gsp at 185, would you have considered that moving up to 185, or just two 170’ers fight at 185
That would actually be two 205'ers fighting. Cutters are duckers... deal with it.

So, you want to beat on a smaller guy to claim a legacy. LOL

At least Conor McGregor moved up to 170 and fought, lost and won. That is a much better way of building a legacy.

If you want to build a legacy, call out Max Holloway. p4p is for people who move up weight, not down.
You can't exactly bash TJ for cutting to 125 yet give credit to Conor for moving "UP". Conor only got a championship by cutting tremendous weight to fight smaller guys or as he himself called them Midgets. Conor is a LW who cut to FW and only got his LW title shot because of his charisma and not his in ring abilities.

I don't like TJ and I think DJ should get to move up to BW for a title shot not the other way around. What has TJ done to deserve a chance to be a 2 division champ? He defended vs Joe Soto, Barao and then lost. 2 defenses vs DJ 11.

Realistically TJ is a "Natural" BW and Conor is a "Natural" LW.

That is coming from the guy who would never fight Max and is trying to fight a small 125 lbs fighter.

Then drop the belt and keep not fighting, when you have a belt and you suppose to be the cream of the division you're required to fight...

I don't disagree with that. The UFC should take the belt from him and proclaim Tony the real champ. It's not gonna stop the Conor threads though.

I don't think that Conor is afraid to fight, I think that Conor is afraid to lose and right now he looks a little out gunned or at least in a very risky spot.
In that respect, I agree with what TJ said. TJ is a little snake though and I don't think there is much for bragging rights in going down to face a smaller guy.

I have a feeling that at 125, Mouse beats TJ and Cody for that matter. I know people will say I am nuts but I have a feeling that 125 is a very good place for mouse and maybe not so much for the other guys. Skill sets considered and the weight class, I like Mouse for both those fights.

Maybe going to 125 for the shot won't be as easy as snake thinks. I would like to see the fight though.

I don't think you're nutz at all, I think you right on the money. How many 125ers couldn't make weight at their division the only one who's been consistent and steady is DJ. Making weight is only one part making weight fit, healthy, and strong is completely another straining your body past it's comfort zone has negative effects come fight night.

No, it really isn't. It's bonkers how many people have no fucking clue what P4P means.

P4P means if they were the same size, who would win. That's it. It's just a hypothetical means of determining the best fighters, or fighter, regardless of weight.
This.
That is p4p. You have to move up, and show that "if it wasn't for size, you would still be the best at any weight."

Moving down only means you can beat smaller guys. We expect you to be able to beat smaller guys, so what are you really showing us?
Not this.

This is the one thing that always gets me on Sherdog, even though it's been discussed and pointed out a million times!

P4P has nothing, I repeat, nothing to do with being able to fight in different weight classes. If it did, Mighty Mouse or any heavyweight would never make the list.

Think about it, Jon Jones has only fought in one weight class his entire career, yet was (big emphasis on the was for me, since multiple failed tests) considered the number 1 P4P fighter in the world.

That wasn't so because it was believed that if he would either move down or up a weight class, he would defeat anybody he faced, but rather, because it was believed that if everyone was the same weight, and weight played no advantage\disadvantage, that he would then beat anybody he faced.

I don't disagree with that. The UFC should take the belt from him and proclaim Tony the real champ. It's not gonna stop the Conor threads though.

And it shouldn't the LW division is one of the hottest divisions in the UFC all belts male/female have been defended or exchanged owners within the last year or so all accept one division. I really don't give a f*k about Conor I just wanna see the best fight and I don't think Conor is the best and it's full time he proves me and those like minded wrong or right...

So, you want to beat on a smaller guy to claim a legacy. LOL

At least Conor McGregor moved up to 170 and fought, lost and won. That is a much better way of building a legacy.

If you want to build a legacy, call out Max Holloway. p4p is for people who move up weight, not down.

That depends on the fighter's actual height. At least half of the fighters on the roster can switch between two weight classes b/c of their body type.
For ex: Conor is 5 foot 9 inches. That doesn't mean he is exactly 5 foot 9 inches. He could be closer to 5 foot '9.9 inches.
TJ is listed as 5 foot 7 inches. He could also be closer to 5 foot 7.9 inches.

According to the fight matrix chart which takes the average height of the top 50 fighters in each weight class, T.J. is in between the Bantam weight and Feather weight class. You could say T.J. should move up to feather weight. But the same data shows Conor should actually be fighting at Light weight so a move up weight be Welter weight against Tyron Woodley.

Another words, if you shit on TJ for challenging in a lower weight class, then you'd have to shit on Conor's entire career at feather weight.

Also if you count Conor's fight against Nate Diaz as a true 170 fight, then you're a true noob. Telling two 135 lb fighters that they don't have to cut weight and can stay at their walking weight of 150, doesn't mean they can hang with other 150lb fighters...Don't be a noob.

Would be awesome to see DJ vs TJ winner fight McGregor at 145lbs, it would unify the FLW, BW, FW, and LW belts kind of lol. If only that was an option.

That depends on the fighter's actual height. At least half of the fighters on the roster can switch between two weight classes b/c of their body type.
For ex: Conor is 5 foot 9 inches. That doesn't mean he is exactly 5 foot 9 inches. He could be closer to 5 foot '9.9 inches.
TJ is listed as 5 foot 7 inches. He could also be closer to 5 foot 7.9 inches.
According to the fight matrix chart which takes the average height of the top 50 fighters in each weight class, T.J. is in between the Bantam weight and Feather weight class. You could say T.J. should move up to feather weight. But the same data shows Conor should actually be fighting at Light weight so a move up weight be Welter weight against Tyron Woodley.
Another words, if you shit on TJ for challenging in a lower weight class, then you'd have to shit on Conor's entire career at feather weight.
Also if you count Conor's fight against Nate Diaz as a true 170 fight, then you're a true noob. Telling two 135 lb fighters that they don't have to cut weight and can stay at their walking weight of 150, doesn't mean they can hang with other 150lb fighters...Don't be a noob.
Dude, you are just making things up. I am stating the truth. Conor McGregor was a 145 who fought at 170 and 155. He is a P4P fighter.

TJ is trying to go down a weight class just to fight once, and call himself a P4P fighter with a victory. That ain't gangsta.

That is like those basketball prospects who fail a grade on purpose, just so they can be held back, play an extra year of highschool, and look good pounding on smaller and younger highschool players. All this to look good to the scouts and get recruited to a good basketball college.

TJ is trying to look good by staying back an extra grade. Other people are free to give him all the credit and validation is seeking, I am just going to say going up makes you a P4P fighter, not going down.

Like everybody else. I want to see Mcgregor finally defend. But I cant hate the guy for taking a boxing match and making mega-millions... Think we will see him vs Tony - Khabib winner later this year. And TJ... Get that "Super-Fight" bud.

This.

Not this.

This is the one thing that always gets me on Sherdog, even though it's been discussed and pointed out a million times!

P4P has nothing, I repeat, nothing to do with being able to fight in different weight classes. If it did, Mighty Mouse or any heavyweight would never make the list.

Think about it, Jon Jones has only fought in one weight class his entire career, yet was (big emphasis on the was for me, since multiple failed tests) considered the number 1 P4P fighter in the world.

That wasn't so because it was believed that if he would either move down or up a weight class, he would defeat anybody he faced, but rather, because it was believed that if everyone was the same weight, and weight played no advantage\disadvantage, that he would then beat anybody he faced.

Precisely. Jones is the perfect example in MMA.

that was a long time ago. all i'm saying, is that people shouldn't be surprised when people blame dj for not being popular. it's his own fault for choosing to not challenge himself and move up. it has been evident for a while that no one cares about him at flyweight.

Not fighting at 135 isn't the reason he's not popular. And fighting TJ won't make him popular. TJ isn't even popular himself.

Dillashaw has always being salty about Conor, ever since Conor saw him for a snake in the grass he was.
Technically they were the gym of snakes, TJ was simply the p4p of them all

Two 155’ers fighting at 170 isn’t moving up to WW to fight.

Needs to fight wonderboy, lawler,maia woodley etc.

Conor had never fought at 155 in the ufc at that point of his career

Thats the biggest truth! Conor just fought Floyd Mayweather...thats retirement money for your grandkids right there. Conor has zero financial incentive to fight in the UFC right now. He has so many other options right now that TJ Dillashaw sill never have. Conor has the luxury of sitting on his ass and deciding if and when he wants to fight.

Wow!
So this is where the fans of the biggset star in the UFC are at now. And what a superstar he is, a guy able to sit on his ass and do nothing. You should tag along so you can both sit on your asses and do nothing, clearly interest in MMA will just distract you two from your noble goal.

Back