TJ is one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen.

"Was he ever out?" "No. Never was he ever out." > Grammar's fine, and even if you did assume it to me meaning he was "never out," it still means... he was never out. And that's because... he was never out.

We're talking about controversial endings, whether they be robberies, close decisions by judges, or bad decisions by refs. It was a conversation I didn't start, and it was one I backed up with public opinion, not my own, so the controversy still stands. But somehow it's personal to me cuz I disagree with it after you questioned my disagreement with it and tried to just completely invalidate it.
Want validation?

youtube.com/watch?v=BQOti5YY8i4
Early stoppage but Dodson would've fucked him up in like the next 10 seconds if the fight had continued.
bad stoppage
Bad stoppage. Herb Dean jump in too early. He didn't even give him a chance to defend himself.
https://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/20/...he-making-john-dodson-tj-dillashaw-tuf-14-mma
Weak stoppage IMO
I agree -
He was never out cold and never stopped defending himself.
yeah he was still fighting, he knew where dodson was etc
https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/3iyh67/john_dodson_hits_tj_dillashaw_with_a_now_you_see/
I think the stoppage was a little premature, TJ was rocked but he was recovering and going for that single leg.
It was early. He got clipped and instantly recovered without taking much damage. Bad stoppage, imo.
This is pretty universally considered a bad stoppage. I get the safety issue but getting dropped is not grounds for stopping a fight and he wasn't wobbly after he got up.​

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/tj-vs-dodson-premature-stoppage.2748671/
I can't help but think that this stoppage was a bit premature. TJ was definitely hurt, but he was totally conscious and scrambling for a takedown when the fight was stopped.
Always thought it was premature.
Premature for sure
I mean, yeah, everybody was saying that when it happened. Doesn't mean he wasn't about to get beat down even more, but they should have at least given him a chance.
Like I said, it was pretty well criticized by everyone. I have other sherdog examples, if you'd like.

vVv And here's a guy who is defending Herb Dean about early stoppages vVv

But nah, you're right, I guess it's just me and my personal investment

Considering you just spent what looks like the better part of 20 minutes assembling this dissertation on a fight that happened 6 years ago I would say I am spot on about you being emotionally invested.

Considering you just spent what looks like the better part of 20 minutes assembling this dissertation on a fight that happened 6 years ago I would say I am spot on about you being emotionally invested.
Considering you came in halfway through a conversation that you clearly weren't reading to criticize the last guy talking and try to invalidate his argument, then when he defends the argument with a really quick google search, claim he's emotionally invested, I think I'm spot on about you being pretty fuckin stupid

If you start arguments with people on a discussion board of all things and your only way out is, "lol, u argue so u care," maybe just don't talk to people ever.

Cody wins the rematch.
Not with that glass chin and horrible striking defense he wont. He looked good against Dom because his amateurish hen moomen was good enough for Dom's winging punches strategy ( that weren't as effective when forced to be aggressive ). TJ KOs him dead again no fucking problem.

Considering you came in halfway through a conversation that you clearly weren't reading to criticize the last guy talking and try to invalidate his argument, then when he defends the argument with a really quick google search, claim he's emotionally invested, I think I'm spot on about you being pretty fuckin stupid

If you start arguments with people on a discussion board of all things and your only way out is, "lol, u argue so u care," maybe just don't talk to people ever.

Considering your comment "Flash KO insinuates he was ever out" sparked this conversation and you still can't figure out how that statement make zero sense from a grammatical standpoint I think you should probably pull back on calling anyone stupid.

I'll break it down for you. Saying "Flash KO insinuates he was out" makes sense. Adding the word "ever" is an unnecessary and incorrect inclusion that makes the entire sentence not only read poorly but confuses what you are trying to say. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you meant to say "Flash KO insinuates he was never out" and had just made a typo. On the contrary, you actually meant to write "ever" and actually doubled down that the sentence made sense. It doesn't.

You are obviously new to mma to I'll help you out. For the record a "Flash KO" means the fighter is out for a split second. It can often look like someone is dropped. A lot of fights get stopped that way and fans commonly have an issue with this and proclaim it an early stoppage.

To end all this I really don't care whether you or a few other random posters think that 6 year old fight was an early stoppage. He got rocked by a punch from a 125'er and got finished. It is what it is. It doesn't diminish the fighter he is today and I don't think his legacy needs you attempting to invalidate Dodson's win.

Not with that glass chin and horrible striking defense he wont. He looked good against Dom because his amateurish hen moomen was good enough for Dom's winging punches strategy ( that weren't as effective when forced to be aggressive ). TJ KOs him dead again no fucking problem.

That fight is a toss up for me every time. A few more seconds in the first round and TJ may well have been TKO'd. He was wobbly walking back to his corner.

Back