TJ thinks Conor wins

Ofc Conor will win. Khabib is very 1-dimentional, too predictable. I expect something like barboza-dariush KO.

I don't think Khabib will strike, so Conor will have nothing to counter.

He will press forward with his hands high but not jump or rush forward, and make Conor strike at him then counter that with a clinch or a takedown.

After that it will be over, if there is at least a minute left in the round McGregor will get mauled.
Not only is there no evidence Khabib can maul/finish anyone in under a minute, there's no evidence Conor can get mauled in under a minute

A takedown in round one, even with 4 minutes left is not the end of the fight

He is right

You need to be able to fight standing to have a chance against Conor . Khabib has he best ground game ever in UFC but his stand up is not good enough and he will get humiliated .

It’s gonna be one of those where after the fight everyone is going to wonder how they thought otherwise

Talk about a fanboy.

Khashook is all ready 26-1. Conor's already spinning his web through Khabib's soul. Khashook is angry & talking sh*t out of character.

All Khabib has to do is keep pressure on McGregor for a few rounds without getting Aldo'd. If he can intersperse some TDs in there, great. He could even end the fight early, but probably in the 4th or 5th when Conor is gassed.

Staying in the pocket (pressuring) against a southpaw with good timing , is a high risk proposition. I enjoy watching both fighters but Khabib doesn’t take a shot like Nate, isn’t tall like Nate. Not getting Aldo’d will be hard in this situation.

Khabob wins if he uses Con's own tech against him, or possibly the Machida bicycle method, maybe Condit's running gameplan

tenor.gif

But in the first round. If he tries to stand and bang he's gonna get melted just like Edward before him

Not only is there no evidence Khabib can maul/finish anyone in under a minute, there's no evidence Conor can get mauled in under a minute

A takedown in round one, even with 4 minutes left is not the end of the fight

It might not finish but Conor will get beat up enough to not be such a threat the next round.

How long after it went to the ground did Diaz finish him again?

It was like 30 seconds.

It might not finish but Conor will get beat up enough to not be such a threat the next round.

How long after it went to the ground did Diaz finish him again?

It was like 30 seconds.
that's true but Conor was completely rocked, I mean he's the one who shot the takedown

R1 Nate landed a takedown and got immediately swept and GNP until the end of the round

he makes alot of sense khabib is too slow and if he starts shooting too far out conor will put him to sleep

I never realized how similar tj and bryan callen sound.

Khabob wins if he uses Con's own tech against him, or possibly the Machida bicycle method, maybe Condit's running gameplan

tenor.gif

But in the first round. If he tries to stand and bang he's gonna get melted just like Edward before him
That should be treated like a tap.

Makes sense and I disagree.
If anyone would have a reason to dog conor after the Untimate Fighter with Conor calling out the "snake" it would be T.J.
We shall see if Kaboob makes the cut
Too bad Conors not making 145 anymore. I'd love to see TJ v Conor "superfight".

GSP thinks Khabib wins.
He's probably right

But wrestlers picking wrestlers to win is not a surprising phenomenon

Oh but wait, someone will tell me GSP was a karate fighter (originally he was) but probably also complain that GSP was a lay-n-pray fighter because somehow that makes sense to them

touch-butt respects touch-butt

I think tj is right, look at the best fights of Khabib, he starts with pressure and striking, even barbosa with his shitty Boxing did catch him, and he did get in the First clinch afther he did trow a hiddious left right, conor would have catch him by then.
we have to look if Khabib can take the shots of Connor and dont come in with the diaz fights, sometimes you have fighters that dont suit you like Ali and Norton, but if you look at alvarez and dustin the power of Connor is legit

TJ is right, GSP is wrong. However GSP has two months to change his opinion before the fight happens, so we'll see.

Staying in the pocket (pressuring) against a southpaw with good timing , is a high risk proposition. I enjoy watching both fighters but Khabib doesn’t take a shot like Nate, isn’t tall like Nate. Not getting Aldo’d will be hard in this situation.
There's a lot of ways to pressure an opponent without getting in the pocket and swinging away. He could use a lot of feints, both striking and td, to keep Conor guessing, swinging on the counters, and moving backwards. Just the fear of the takedown should open up his game to where Conor might not want to commit fully on his shots either, making this a safer proposition. Picking the right time to duck under and push Conor against the cage will drain Conor after a few rounds. If Conor gasses in this fight, he's going to get subbed again.

Either Khabib get’s TKO’d because of the terrible slow chin in the air stand up or Conor gets tired and smashed. I don’t understand when someone says that the other one won’t lose this fight and the other guy surely wins.

Those 2, Conor TKO or Khabib smesh, are the most probable outcomes and shouldn’t surprise anyone here.

This is the first time Conor prepares against a wrestler in the UFC and he’s wise and obsessive so he’s been training Khabib in mind pretty long now. Khabib has been scouted!

I’m expecting Conor, while being fresh early in the fight, have tricky responses against Khabib’s wrestling and grappling, I don’t understand why people sometimes act as if he knew nothing about grappling and wrestling. If Khabib gets on top of him and into a dominant position, I think Conor will break a bit mentally and it’s smashing from there on, Conor getting tired of the weight and pressure, but what I’m seeing is Conor having some answers against Khabib in those exchanges when the positions are more neutral due to Conor’s IQ and athleticism, ability to move and explode in weird positions. Don’t count him out just like that at least for the first 2 rounds.

I’m giving just a slight edge to Conor because it starts on feet and his deceptive moving, feinting, and lead hand tdd radome will give Khabib problems closing the distance.

It would be very interesting if Khabib turned out to be HomerSimpsonHead iron chin eating Conor’s best. It would be cool to see how Conor responds to that, would he panic?

Conor TKO 51/49 Khabib smeshdisguy

R1 Conor 90/10 Khabib
R2 Conor 70/30 Khabib
R3 Conor 50/50 Khabib
R4 Conor 20/80 Khabib
R5 Conor 30/70 Khabib

It won’t go to judges, if it does it will be the fight of the decade type of war going back and forth.

Last edited:
Back