TKO Boxing Gloves = Garbage!!!

dog812

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I remember someone asking about TKO Boxing gloves..
They are the worst boxing gloves i have ever seen.. I ordered then ahile ago.. cuz they were cheap.. well were they ever cheap .
I have probably worn them for about 20 rounds total.. and this is what they already look like..

img.php

img.php

the insides are so screwed up i can barely get my fingers in there comfortably.
The wrist 1 inch piece of velcro never stays done up.
They are just terrible.. dont buy any of their stuff... GARBAGE!!!!

Wow that is brutal! Sorry to hear man, if you need new gloves then I would talk to Ron at SSF, I know his stuff is sweet. Have you talked to TKO about getting a new pair or refund, anything?

tough break dude. TKO stuff always seemed like cheap mcdojo TKD shit anyways. im sure some of the standup guys around here would tell you to invest in some Fairtex gloves or something.

its cliche, but you get what you pay for.

although they are pretty stiff for sparring, the regular Everlast 14oz gloves are a good buy at only $25 at your local sporting goods store (in the US).

Yah .. i have other gloves i use now.. SportOne... they are a solid company.. ..
But i just wanted to warn everyone to stay away from this company.

They look like the CSI gloves with a bar across the palm so you cant grapple??

The funny thing is this is the first line on most sites that carry these glvoes..

"The TKO All Purpose Boxing Gloves are pre-shaped duratek synthetic leather boxing gloves. "

Synthetic leather my ass..

dog812 said:
The funny thing is this is the first line on most sites that carry these glvoes..

"The TKO All Purpose Boxing Gloves are pre-shaped duratek synthetic leather boxing gloves. "

Synthetic leather my ass..
many things could be considered synthetic leather. in this case, vinyl.

TRAINING glove order goes like this

Reyes
Grant
Ringside
Fairtex/Twins
Title
Revgear
TKO
Everlast

You get what you pay for with most boxing gloves...Reyes will run you 100bucks while everlast will run you 20 bucks. Call TKO and tell then what happned and they better work something out.

thanks for the warning man, i am about to buy some new gloves and shorts . . .now i know what not to buy

anvar said:
TRAINING glove order goes like this

Reyes
Grant
Ringside
Fairtex/Twins
Title
Revgear
TKO
Everlast

You get what you pay for with most boxing gloves...Reyes will run you 100bucks while everlast will run you 20 bucks. Call TKO and tell then what happned and they better work something out.
How are Combat Sports' gloves in comparison?

what's so bad about everlast? i've had my 14oz everlast boxing gloves for about a year now and they are holding up very well. i know they're a little stiff for sparring, but what's the main complaint about them?

nothing wrong w/ everlast gloves... it all depends on which ones u buy... their low end stuff sux just as much as TKO while their high end stuff are used by pros as much as cleto reyes and ringside

McWade said:
How are Combat Sports' gloves in comparison?
If you look at Ringside and Combat Sports gloves, you'll find that they're the same (at least the MMA-oriented gloves). In fact, the Web sites, addresses, etc. are the same - because the companies are the same. I'm not griping, but it's worth noting so that you don't bog yourself down with unnecessary decisions. They do have some different Web prices, though.

It doesn't surprise me thet TKO gloves suck. I find that any glove you can buy in a run of the mill department store (everlast, tko, golds gym,...) are going to suck. I have tried them all and they blow!!!

I just dumped a pair of those fish wraps myself.
I figured that they were falling apart because they were old, but mine look just like the ones in your pic.
I went to a pair from Revgear, lovin it.

Back