to KO elite striker Aldo is much more difficult than KO basic striker Khabib

Actually, knocking out a guy who wants to stand and bang is much easier than KO'ing an elite wrestler who's gonna try and put you on your back and dig a hole in your fucking face.

The Mendes fight wasn't exactly easy for Conor. Now he's facing a better grappler who isn't coming in on short notice.

Aldo had thrown that exact combo MANY times in his career.

No he didn't (inb4 that gif of him throwing a completely different combination against Mark Hominick)
It was very uncharacteristic of him to do what he did. He underestimated McGregor and tried to teach him a lesson, which backfired.

I don't know about on the feet, but he sure schooled him at track and field

cjKSXqk.gif

When did that happen? I remember Khabib getting basically 10-8 rounds in all three rounds. I remember Barboza partially landed a spinning back kick but it did not get a reaction out of Khabib.

If I remember correctly he landed some punches that made Khabib pause for a second. They were still 10-8 rounds, but he didn't seem to react well to getting hit clean.

Michael Johnson tagged Khabib A LOT in his fight, the russian looked rocked

Johnson is a great striker, but remember Nate whooped his ass (and was not because of cardio issues, Nate is just a better boxer)

Conor schooled Nate on the feet until he gassed

MMA math is not valid, both we all can agree Conor McGregor is a better striker compared to Johnson, the guy who was able to punch Khabib a lot.

Conor against Aldo just needed one punch, Khabib allowed a lot against Johnson
Fights are different due to opponent matchups, health, weight cuts, short notice fights, decisions in the cage and random shit. Johnson has experienced his good days and his bad days. I think he had a bad day vs. Nate as he allowed Nate to get into his head and did not follow the game plan. At the end of the day Nate won a clear decision over Johnson. Khabib absolutely obliterated Johnson. It was an absolute beat down finish. So let's not pretend that Khabib was not the more impressive fighter vs. Johnson. Nate got his ass handed to him many times in the cage at 155. Thomson, Bendo, RDA come to mind. So let's not pretend that Conor losing to Nate wasn't a bad loss. Oh and by the way, Conor gave up and tapped out asap without trying to fight off Nate's choke. He flat out quit rather than suck it up and try to fight through adversity and win the fight.

A reasonable person would understand (I'm not trying to be rude) that Barbosa is a much better striker technically than Conor and he was decimated. Michael Johnson is hardly an example to use unless you are trying to argue that a power puncher with pretty solid wrestling was also decimated by Khabib. By a wide margin Edson Barbosa is the most comparable opponent Khabib has had in relation to Conor McGregor. That doesn't mean Conor can't win, it just means that more technical strikers have failed where Conor may or may not succeed.

I'd love to hear your reasonable explanation for how Barboza is a better striker than Conor or how they are remotely comparable in the first place. Barboza's strength is his kicks. He has fairly weak hands, especially compared to Conor. And most importantly, throughout his career he has shown that he does not respond well to pressure and wrestlers are his kryptonite.

Years later people are still holding a lot of weight from that 1 punch KO. Don't get me wrong, it was beautifully executed and god damn that was an amazing moment in UFC history but I haven't seen Conor 1 punch KO someone like that since nor do I believe a fighter as void of emotion like Khabib is going to let Conor bait him into fighting angry.

As a fan of both Conor and Jose I would really love to see them fight again someday.

MMA Math always works. Justin Gaychee would kill Khabob, trust me bro

Aldo uncharacteristically threw everything he had on that without getting his timing or range.

Khabib is patient.
now that right there is funny.

habibs style is anything but patient.

kaboob is going to panic wrestle as soon as the bell rings

now that right there is funny.

habibs style is anything but patient.

kaboob is going to panic wrestle as soon as the bell rings
McGregor fanboys are funny. Not funny haha but funny queer. He's probably one of the easiest fighters on the roster to take down.

it's much harder to KO aldo than any other opponent conor ever faced, and he didn't KO everyone else.

that's mmath. because he KOed aldo does not mean he will automatically KO every lesser opponent from now on.

he connected clean, it happens, it's mma.

McGregor fanboys are funny. Not funny haha but funny queer. He's probably one of the easiest fighters on the roster to take down.
while I agree about any fan boy being queer

especially ones who love over rated dagestani blanket type muslims

are you seriously disputing the fact,

that the only skill set kabooby has, is panic wrestling???

what else has he ever done??

that was my point.

I mean sure, I like but sex. but with girls...

while I agree about any fan boy being queer

especially ones who love over rated dagestani blanket type muslims

are you seriously disputing the fact,

that the only skill set kabooby has, is panic wrestling???

what else has he ever done??

that was my point.

I mean sure, I like but sex. but with girls...
you write like a moron

fuck off.

Sherdog will never give Conor credit for knocking Aldo the fuck out.

you are pretty thin skinned.

and bad at insults.

and maybe I am a moron.

do you feel better now?

for arguing with a moron??
You could try spelling the fighters names correctly if you want a serious discussion... but not with me, I dont care to talk to you.

Yeah I feel great.

If Khabib decides to box the whole fight yeah ... pretty hard to KO him if he is pounding on you from the side ride

I agree with you ts. If khabib allows himself to be hit like he didnt against johnson i dont see him winning.

Back