To the adults in the room: Things you LIKE about Donald Trump

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My momma taught be to always look for good in people. We all know that Donald J. Trump is incompetent, corrupt, stupid, dishonest, and immature, but what do you like about him? Obviously, there isn't much to like from a policy perspective unless ethno-nationalism is your only issue of concern. But I think there are some cool things about him personally.

For me:

(1) His eating habits

I absolutely hate open classism in the area of eating habits, and like the fact that Donald Trump isn't one of those caviar and sorbet type of rich guys. The guy eats McDonald's and KFC constantly and, during the entirety of his celebrity life, has eaten and produced in his restaurants relatively normie people-type foods like burgers, tacos, and steaks that were probably made of intestinal and dick meat.

(2) Lack of fashion style

Fashion is fucking stupid and, although I'll admit fashionable people sometimes look nicer than unfashionable people, it bears absolutely no reflection on a person besides reflecting their wealth, amount of spare time, and vanity. Trump's extra-long ties look objectively stupid to me, but who cares? Trump may just be a secret Bolshevik.

(3) Name

With the name "Donald J. Trump," he could have easily decided to go by "D.J.," which is an objectively douchey name. I credit him for not doing that.

(4) His social media grammar

Despite his tweets being incredibly immature, stupid, and poorly thought, I do notice that he seems to have decent grammatical skills and usually uses comma correctly.

(5) Sitting posture

When he sits in chairs, he tends to hunch over and put his arms on his knees/thighs, which makes him look like he's taking a shit, which I find to be hilarious.

Last edited:
Wow it’s hard to think of a single thing lol. Ummm I like that he doesn’t drink, I guess.

I know @HomerThompson might get pissy over me posting this... again....

But gotta think Mattis is helping slap the guy out of some of the more stupid ideas he may or may not have had.

lol

I can go with him on the pedestrian eating habits and total lack of style.

So far I haven't found any agreement with this, but I found this to be admirable, for its honest humanity:

In before "He's not Hillary".

Impressive that you were able to do this with like the 7th post of the thread.
I had to double check as I was sure someone has already said it. Slow day in the WR?

I like that he wants to stop the exploitation of the US on the economic stage.

I like that he took a hard line with North Korea and it seems like it may be bearing fruit.

That he's so incompetent and bad at his job that he's struggling to implement his agenda despite his party controlling the entire federal government.

I think at his core he is a nice guy who wants everyone to be happy around him, I just think decades of lying and self-deception to cover up personal and business failings have coated him in this layer of arrogant, reflexive vitriol.

I like that he took a hard line with North Korea and it seems like it may be bearing fruit.

I think the line was more or less the same as previous administrations, just with the added feature of Twitter insults, but fair enough. Reasonable minds could disagree over the efficacy of mean girl nicknames.

I like that he wants to stop the exploitation of the US on the economic stage.

Do you really think that the richest country in the world is being economically exploited? We're the richest country in the world and we get our shit on the cheap from countries with shit human rights and labor laws/costs.

Also, if you do somehow have some evidence to reasonably support that, is it that much better to you to be exploited hugely by rich people in our own country, compared to marginally by rich people in other countries?

I liked that he's previously shown optimism about sending America back to the moon.

Back