To the left, what is your biggest concern with Trump currently?

Leftwing, What is your biggest concern with Trump currently?

• Total voters
That some of the outrage comes from the things he says and not from the policies he's pushed.

Healthcare should be an option as well.

This. I'm not on the left but I think trump is a complete joke of a president. I'll choose Russian collusion for the poll but really my concerns with him are entirely focussed on his childish, selfish, weak behaviour, his complete lack of personal responsibility, his whiny baby like attitude, the fact he has zero leadership ability, that he is basically a celebrity kardashian twitter whore mixed with a spoiled rich kid, and that he's soft as dog shit and thr embodiment of a coward.

This. I'm not on the left but I think trump is a complete joke of a president. I'll choose Russian collusion for the poll but really my concerns with him are entirely focussed on his childish, selfish, weak behaviour, his complete lack of personal responsibility, his whiny baby like attitude, the fact he has zero leadership ability, that he is basically a celebrity kardashian twitter whore mixed with a spoiled rich kid, and that he's soft as dog shit and thr embodiment of a coward.

giphy.gif

how do i view the poll results if i dont vote?

Edit: NM found the giant "VIEW RESULTS" button

@ripskater you forgot to add liberals are eternally butthurt to the poll.

Seriously, the left stands for nothing. They're ideologically empty and are incapable of political debate without violence and name calling.

You should add general incompetence, corruption (the Russia thing happened so going forward, the only concern is what it says about his character), and negative impact on the dignity of the office and the country.

It's kind of hard to separate, though. The economy is doing pretty well at the moment, but I have zero confidence that he'll respond intelligently to a downturn. Regressive changes to fiscal policy, badly thought-out deregulation, lax antitrust enforcement, reduced high-skill immigration, and other proposed changes could actively torpedo things, too. Also, bad Fed appointments (inevitable given his incompetence) are a potential concern. On the other hand, all of those things are concerns with any Republican president--even a relatively decent, and intelligent one like Kasich or Romney. Ditto for healthcare (that is, he's a threat to people's healthcare, but almost any Republican would be). So you have the ordinary bad stuff on one hand and the uniquely bad stuff (acting like an idiot on Twitter, generally failing in the head of state role, possibly bungling us into nuclear war) on the other.

The ordinary bad stuff is more likely to hurt the country to at least some extent (though his operational bungling is a positive in this area) but the uniquely bad stuff is more likely to cause catastrophic harm.

Last edited:
1. Thinks "He's an incompetent orange douche who poops in golden toilets!"
2. Sees that isn't an option... Becomes angered by the audacity of a categorical list

Add to the list;

- complete inability to take criticism
- complete inability to work with his own staff
- Twitter tirades
- general lack of knowledge

Thank you for admitting this is the kind of stuff you care about. That took bravery and humbleness.

My biggest problem is that he obviously views the presidency the same way he viewed the arrangement of licensing deals for his brand. He says "Jared, solve the Middle East, and the opioid crisis" thinking a single man can do that, whilst not doing any work to staff the appointed positions he needs to fill in dozens of critical offices.

As a non-american this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mate-change/?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.371157da5af1
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/07/trump-scott-pruitt-environmental-protection-agency
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/climate/trump-paris-climate-agreement.html?mcubz=0

In general he's a huge embarrasment, and it's really awkward having him represent the largest economy at the global stage, and super difficult for other world leaders to deal with him. So I'm also quite concerned for the damage he can do to international trade, and defense alliances. But climate change should be the number one issue the human race as a whole, in particular the developed part of the world, should be focused on right now. But unfortunately the current leadership in the largest economy in the world is not even on acknowledging the existence of a problem, and that obviously limits what can be done quite a bit.

B5-lDJWCUAAwfya.jpg

I'm not "left" and I would have gladly voted for Trump if he wasn't such an incompetent buffoon. I find him entertaining, but he belongs nowhere near the White House. It was bad enough when he was influencing corrupt politicians like Hillary Clinton via legalized bribes, but actually having this clown in the White House is a joke. I don't think it's one thing with him, it's the whole shit show.

For me, it was between healthcare and climate. I went climate because that's an issue that 1) effects the entire globe 2) is extremely time sensitive.

Healthcare, I think will be resolved the next time a democrat is in office. Single payer has something like 60% support across party lines, and the GOP healthcare fiasco has made it seem increasingly like a viable alternative.

Last edited:
Not left but because Bannon isn't directly in the white house international trade is a huge concern. Trump is human, and he can see profit but that doesn't mean he'll see the overall picture all the time. He has a lot on his plate.

I'm left by american standards, but center by most others.

The main concern is that Trump is smart but not wise.
He chooses the wrong angle on so many subjects.
And shows almost no restraint in his words and policies.
He puts his family in positions of power and mixes political with
business interests.

He makes 1984 come closer with his fake news and alternate facts.
lol at 1984. People have been saying our society was about to become like 1984 since that book was written. How in the world does anything trump says bring us closer to an Orwelian society?

i'm seeing a lot of vague answers in this thread. "well, i think he might not be smart." "well some of the things he says aren't my cup of tea."

Boo fucking hoo.

lol at 1984. People have been saying our society was about to become like 1984 since that book was written. How in the world does anything trump says bring us closer to an Orwelian society?

i'm seeing a lot of vague answers in this thread. "well, i think he might not be smart." "well some of the things he says aren't my cup of tea."

Boo fucking hoo.
Read the book first and you will see why people are saying that.

Read the book first and you will see why people are saying that.
I read it in high school and remember all the granolas saying the exact same things. Every generation has some faction that is convinced that the government has nothing better to do than watch and control them. when i was a kid, people were convinced the gov't was watching them through their TVs.

Literally hitler should be on the list.

I read it in high school and remember all the granolas saying the exact same things. Every generation has some faction that is convinced that the government has nothing better to do than watch and control them. when i was a kid, people were convinced the gov't was watching them through their TVs.
goggle snowen or NSA

Now it's through their phones.

Except they can track you through your tv now, but they dont, because they have easier ways to do it. The government can find out where you or I am any time during the day. Track our phone's movement, check in data, etc, and they can essentially figure what you will do.

I think this is creepy. I dont see it as something that is Trump's fault. He's done some creepy shit, through the DOJ, regarding surveillance, but I think it's more a representation of a larger strategy. Bush created a surveillance apparatus in which intelligence agencies could spy on Americans without recourse. Obama continued and expanded this system, and I expect Trump to do the same.

Back