To the wrestling Experts of Sherdog, Who's wrestling Is better between Lee and Khabib?

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The average person probably doesn't know that Lee's wrestling Is very very good, he Is no joke In that department. Had he continued wrestling In College, would've accomplished a lot.

That said, I was just wondering where his wrestling ranks with Khabib.

I understand wrestling but It's not my field of expertise, was just curious If brighter minds than myself In that regard could elaborate.

Khabib's wrestling is on a whole other level.

Khabib takes this one.

Khabib's wrestling is on a whole other level.

Khabib takes this one.
No offence but I'm asking people who genuinely understand wrestling on a technical level

not just random opinions

From what I know, I don't believe that to be true. I actually feel Kevin Lee is the better wrestler, I'm just curious what other people think.

Lee has more traditional western wrestling. Double legs, etc.

Khabib has more of a hybrid style - Like a combo of Sambo and wrestling. He uses a lot more trips and throws.

As to whose is better, as of now at 26-0 and never having lost a round, I will have to go with Khabib.

That said, Kevin may be the physically strongest guy at 155, and his wrestling is legit, so I would watch the hell out of him vs Khabib.

I'm a three time NCAA Golden gloves wrestler and I can tell you that lee is far superior. Not in the clinch, but in traditional free style greco catch wrestling, he takes the cake.

No offence but I'm asking people who genuinely understand wrestling on a technical level

not just random opinions
Uhhhh yeah..... Khabib's wrestling is very dominate, he smothers you and breaks your will with it. He uses technique and strength very good together.

It's something we've never seen before in the Octagon, AKA on another level.

It's not a random opinion, no need to be a dick.

Lee has more traditional western wrestling. Double legs, etc.

Khabib has more of a hybrid style - Like a combo of Sambo and wrestling. He uses a lot more trips and throws.

As to whose is better, as of now at 26-0 and never having lost a round, I will have to go with Khabib.

That said, Kevin may be the physically strongest guy at 155, and his wrestling is legit, so I would watch the hell out of him vs Khabib.
I know where they stand In that sense.

It's just the deeper intricate details of how their wrestling matches up on a technical level that I'm curious about.

Toss up on the mat in a real wrestling the match, though id lean towards Lee. His cardio is questionable tho

Khabib outwrestles him in the cage if they fight

Edit: Wrestled my whole life, started at age 5

Kevin is a lot smoother with his entries imo. Khabib has shown some pretty poor take down attempts, but he uses chain wrestling and pressure to complete them.

My vote is for Lee although I am biased.

Are we talking pure wrestling or grappling as a whole?

I'm a three time NCAA Golden gloves wrestler and I can tell you that lee is far superior. Not in the clinch, but in traditional free style greco catch wrestling, he takes the cake.

that was a great meme

OP, its really hard to say. The only way we'll really know is to see how Lee does against Barboza and how Khabib does with T-Ferg

their styles are super different though so a lot of it also depends on matchup variables

Khabib is a better wrestler and chains everything much more cleaner than Lee. Lee has a good chance against him though via superior striking and good enough wrestling.

Other wrestlers do some things better than Khabib but he chains everything together much better than everyone else. That coupled with the best GnP in MMA currently and he's a beast.

Lee is wrestling. Had he continued his college career, he would be a two or three time intercontinental champion.

not just random opinions

From what I know, I don't believe that to be true. I actually feel Kevin Lee is the better wrestler, I'm just curious what other people think.

LOL you're posting in the wrong place if you're not looking for random opinions

<LikeReally5>

that was a great meme

OP, its really hard to say. The only way we'll really know is to see how Lee does against Barboza and how Khabib does with T-Ferg

their styles are super different though so a lot of it also depends on matchup variables
Just need some of the resident wrestling experts to come In here and enlighten us peasants tbh.. lol

there's a few here but i guess they're sleepin mostly

Toss up on the mat in a real wrestling the match, though id lean towards Lee. His cardio is questionable tho

Khabib outwrestles him in the cage if they fight

Edit: Wrestled my whole life, started at age 5
That's not your whole life....

Just need some of the resident wrestling experts to come In here and enlighten us peasants tbh.. lol

there's a few here but i guess they're sleepin mostly

I mean, how much do you want people to say?

I've been wrestling since high school and it's just not as simple as "breaking it down" or "enlightening". there are so many variables involved, wrestling in MMA is diverse

Khabib has better MMA wresting and its all that matters.

Back