Today, I start lifting

Curls and calf raises are the most important exercises you can do.

Avoid free weights because they cause injury.

When the weights are heavy just wrench it up with the strength of your lower back until you move the weight.

Also drink a gallon of milk a day and the gains will come.

You shouldn't really give wrong info like this.
It's a scientific fact that curls will give you bigger gains if you do them in the Squat rack.
It has something to do with the electromagnetic field from the metal in the rack.

You shouldn't really give wrong info like this.
It's a scientific fact that curls will give you bigger gains if you do them in the Squat rack.
It has something to do with the electromagnetic field from the metal in the rack.

Absolutely. You are 100% correct.

Also op, avoid squats and deadlifts, they are bad for your back.

How scrawny are you right now?
Post your weight and body fat %

Just eat right and follow the Gods workout video

Step 1

find his other vid on the youtube and youll be good

BTW TS in a few months (guy on the far right)

2n8y5j8_zpsd2kxqxpo.jpg

We now have a photo of TS as he prepares to enter the gym:

weakling.jpg

Bros, I've been lifting for a week. Whether body training or legs training, i'm going as hard I can, lifting the most I can. Usually 3-4 sets of 12 reps. As a result, I've been getting extreme muscle soreness. From what I've read, this is an essential part of bulking muscle building, and that it's essential to load on proteins during the rest period for the muscles to develop.

And i've been doing exactly that. I've calculated my protein intake needed for bulking, and I've been eating slightly more to stay on the safe side. I'm adding a fair amount of carbs in the mix during the pre-workout part of the day. I'm going for a clean bulk, so no junk food and short-term solutions.

Now, back to the lifting part, there's plenty of opinions on the internets, often contradicting. Other articles I've read suggest that I should take it easier.

Please advise sherbros: Intense workout sesh followed by 2 days of rest, or 2 milder seshs followed by one day of rest ?

I'm an ectomorph btw.

You bros should join the Mayberry cutting crew thread. It's not necessarily only for the cutting brahs, but just lifting and dieting altogether now.

Bros, I've been lifting for a week. Whether body training or legs training, i'm going as hard I can, lifting the most I can. Usually 3-4 sets of 12 reps. As a result, I've been getting extreme muscle soreness. From what I've read, this is an essential part of bulking muscle building, and that it's essential to load on proteins during the rest period for the muscles to develop.

And i've been doing exactly that. I've calculated my protein intake needed for bulking, and I've been eating slightly more to stay on the safe side. I'm adding a fair amount of carbs in the mix during the pre-workout part of the day. I'm going for a clean bulk, so no junk food and short-term solutions.

Now, back to the lifting part, there's plenty of opinions on the internets, often contradicting. Other articles I've read suggest that I should take it easier.

Please advise sherbros: Intense workout sesh followed by 2 days of rest, or 2 milder seshs followed by one day of rest ?

I'm an ectomorph btw.
Take how much protein you are eating and add an extra 50g... and do deadlifts, everyday

I'm an ectomorph btw.
Grease the groove. The more days in the gym the better.
More time spent in the gym lifting = more time getting the form down, getting acclimated to your body and muscles, seeing other peoples exercises etc.

There's no "better" lifting routine.

The only way to figure out which of the two routines works best for you is try both and compare results. There are so many factors, both genetic and lifestyle related.
I used to lift super heavy 5 days a week, I was constantly tired from the workouts but looked pretty damn swole. Occasionally would do a local strongman comp, so there was sort of a purpose to that. Now Im mid 30's and don't compete or anything; lifting super heavy has no purpose for me. I now do sets of 15 supersetted with another set of 15, lifting 3x a week. As Im an adult I have to put more energy into work than looking buff :/ Not as strong, but I have beach muscles and am not as tired so at this point in life and age it works.
Point is, figure out what your exact purpose is, plan a routine around that, and factor in how it fits into your day and how much exertion you can put into lifting without messing up other areas. Looking back I kind of fucked up putting so much energy into lifting. Slept at work a lot, was a zombie most of the time, always tired.....
And creatine, get some creatine. Optimum nutrition makes good stuff and is cheap.

I'm an ectomorph btw.

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Be sure to skip pointless exercises like deadlifts or squats. Especially if you want to avoid any potential injury.

Grease the groove. The more days in the gym the better.
More time spent in the gym lifting = more time getting the form down, getting acclimated to your body and muscles, seeing other peoples exercises etc.

This + as a natty you'll want more frequency and consistent linear progress with your noob gains.

Exhaustion is overrated.

Lower the reps and raise the weights, but always form first. Quality reps over quantity reps.

Back