Today in 1945, Mussolini is executed by the Italian resistance; is fascism reemerging?

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To start, I apologize to international readers that this is an exceedingly American-centric analysis of this topic. But, alas, I am a Yankee and do not have the depth of knowledge necessary to discuss at length the political currents of countries (such as Poland, Israel, Italy, Turkey, Russia, and the Philippines) that may be touched upon here.

EDIT: To clarify for those who flinch at the substance of this topic, this is not meant to imply that any purported neo-Fascist is in any way comparable to Mussolini or "literally Hitler," etc. This is a topic of historical political development. It is arguable that the crimes perpetrated by Mussolini et al. are not remotely imputable to a fascist resurgence and that existing political structures and informational interconnected-ness preempts that possibility.

he-was-trying-to-flee-to-switzerland-when-mussolini-was-caught-and-killed-photo-u1

On April 28, 1945, Benito Mussolini and his remaining fascist colleagues were captured and executed by the communist partisans and were hanged for display at the place where Mussolini had previously held the public execution of several notable antifascists.

While mythos of Adolph Hitler's infamous crimes against humanity are earmarked as the apex of fascist immorality, they also serve to obscure the politics of fascism as an ideology of scientific racism or genocide. In reality, fascism need not spring from the launchpad of antisemitism (although, in the cases of Germany and Italy, it largely did). At its core, fascism is a politics of institutionalized reaction, unconstrained by principle or rigid ideology, and of popular power unfettered from governmental check. This reality was perhaps most vivid in Italy, not Germany, as Mussolini spun nationalist support and right-wing reduction into a whirlwind of brutality that dared not to even oversee itself, let alone restrict itself to any doctrinal casing, as it hedged itself with the support of corporatist power.

Seventy-three years later, unwittingly of course, fascist sentiment is making a roaring comeback. Across Southern and Eastern Europe, right-wing strongmen, with nothing in their holsters but revisionist-nationalist nostalgia and contempt for liberal democracy, are gaining traction. From traditional fascists across mainland Europe, to teetering ethnonationalist autocrats in the Middle East, to a mere fascist by happenstance in Russia, to a modern neo-fascist rooted in eastern communist organization in the Philippines. And in the United States, the one world power where fascism was for the most part kept at the margins, Donald Trump has been elected. Although he most appears an affable clown who merely bumbled his way into power saying what came easiest, his ascendancy came on a rhetorical platform that was distinctly fascist by near definition, seized on political, social, and informational conditions most historically amenable to fascism, considerably softened American sensibilities to the politics of fascism, and perhaps most troubling persisted to openly support neo-fascist organization abroad.

Now, this may sound like, and will certainly be resisted by Trump supporters as, alarmism. But, to be sure, Donald Trump does not by my estimations pose a legitimate risk toward overcoming the liberal democratic structures he and his supports so openly despise. Frankly, it seems undeniable at this point that Trump is far too incompetent and ineffective to pose such a risk. However, does the openness to Trump's brand of shapeless, shifting reactionary populism, which has been repeatedly pointed to as neo-fascism by historians and experts on fascist development, what with its frequent appeals to authority, pose a real insight into a liberal Democratic west that is ripe for a fascist renaissance? To be clear, while Trump does possess the abilities (nor the desires in some likelihood) to pose any real fascist threat, his supporters pose a much greater risk.

Sources cited to throughout this post:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/04/italy-mussolini-fascism-resistance
https://www.thenation.com/article/philippine-president-rodrigo-duterte-is-a-wildly-popular-fascist/
https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.pr...ding-the-rising-tide-of-neo-fascism-1.5956160
https://worldpolicy.org/2014/05/12/why-its-time-to-start-calling-putin-a-fascist/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...ly-a-formula-for-that/?utm_term=.4628b9f3e8e8
https://www.salon.com/2016/03/11/tr...created_a_modern_fascist_movement_in_america/
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2017/08/american-roots-donald-trump-fascism-
https://www.thenation.com/article/trump-is-now-openly-supporting-fascists/170828100440138.html
https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/dona...oscillator-not-a-fascist-20170618-gwtba6.html
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...a_fascist_an_expert_on_fascism_weighs_in.html

Last edited:
In 100 years we will all be dead and stuff that is your worst nightmare or utopia could happen.

I think fascism will win or even if communism does it will be state communism with nationalist stuff tied in and like china. Basically i think totalitarian in our blood and most people. Those who are not killers will never hold real power and if they do they wont do what necessary to destroy there competition or keep control. I really think liberalism seen in west will die for good. Maybe Trump is just the start. This not even mentioning that many religions are very totalitarian like. Just imagine the world when Islam grows even larger. Oh and the people who fear this often dont reproduce at akl or enough to out compete the dummies, religious motivated and hardliners

You really think the day after the 67-year-old Korean War ended is the right time to field this play?

You really think the day after the 67-year-old Korean War ended is the right time to field this play?

I do not understand your objection, or how the two topics are at all related.

The intolerant left and acceptance of extreme dangerous ideologies of people like Bernie Sanders show that fascism is on the rise. The left wants to eliminate the free market and control everything while punishing those who work hard. Trump is a beacon of light in these dark times but the disrespect he has received since coming into office shows just how dire our situation is.

“Without Jews there would never have been Bolshevism. For a Jew nothing is more insulting than the truth. THE BLOODTHIRSTY JEWISH TERRORISTS HAVE MURDERED SIXTY SIX MILLION in Russia from 1918 to 1957.” ~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Nobel Peace Prize Winner and Patriot.

“You must understand. The leading Bolsheviks who took over Russia were not Russians. They hated Russians. They hated Christians. Driven by ethnic hatred they tortured and slaughtered millions of Russians without a shred of human remorse. The October Revolution was not what you call in America the “Russian Revolution.” It was an invasion and conquest over the Russian people. More of my countrymen suffered horrific crimes at their bloodstained hands than any people or nation ever suffered in the entirety of human history. It cannot be understated. Bolshevism was the greatest human slaughter of all time. The fact that most of the world is ignorant of this reality is proof that the global media itself is in the hands of the perpetrators.” – Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (1918-2008), Nobel-Prize-winning novelist, historian and victim of Jewish Bolshevism (Marxism).

“The Bolshevist revolution in Russia was the work of Jewish brains, of Jewish dissatisfaction, of Jewish planning, whose goal is to create a new order in the world. What was performed in so excellent a way in Russia, thanks to Jewish brains, and because of Jewish dissatisfaction and by Jewish planning, shall also, through the same Jewish mental and physical forces, become a reality all over the world.”
The American Hebrew, September 10, 1920

In 1935, the most famous rabbi in America, Rabbi Stephen Wise, a friend of President Roosevelt, boasted: “Some call it Marxism, I call it Judaism.” (The American Bulletin, May 5,1935)

The following is from article written by Sir Winston Churchill that was published in theIllustrated Sunday Morning Herald on February 8, 1920:

"This movement among the Jews is not new. From the days of Spartacus-Weishaupt to those of Karl Marx, and down to Trotsky (Russia), Bela Kun (Hungary), Rosa Luxembourg (Germany), and Emma Goldman (United States), this world-wide conspiracy for the overthrow of civilization and for the reconstitution of society on the basis of arrested development, of envious malevolence, and impossible equality, has been steadily growing. It played, as a modern writer, Mrs. Webster, has so ably shown, a definitely recognizable part in the tragedy of the French Revolution. It has been the mainspring of every subversive movement during the Nineteenth Century; and now at last this band of extraordinary personalities from the underworld of the great cities of Europe and America have gripped the Russian people by the hair of their heads and have become practically the undisputed masters of that enormous empire.
There is no need to exaggerate the part played in the creation of Bolshevism and in the actual bringing about of the Russian Revolution, by these international and for the most part atheistical Jews, it is certainly a very great one; it probably outweighs all others. With the notable exception of Lenin, the majority of the leading figures are Jews. Moreover, the principal inspiration and driving power comes from the Jewish leaders. Thus Tchitcherin, a pure Russian, is eclipsed by his nominal subordinate Litvinoff, and the influence of Russians like Bukharin or Lunacharski cannot be compared with the power of Trotsky, or of Zinovieff, the Dictator of the Red Citadel (Petrograd) or of Krassin or Radek — all Jews. In the Soviet institutions the predominance of Jews is even more astonishing. And the prominent, if not indeed the principal, part in the system of terrorism applied by the Extraordinary Commissions for Combating Counter-Revolution [the Cheka] has been taken by Jews, and in some notable cases by Jewesses. The same evil prominence was obtained by Jews in the brief period of terror during which Bela Kun ruled in Hungary. The same phenomenon has been presented in Germany (especially in Bavaria), so far as this madness has been allowed to prey upon the temporary prostration of the German people. Although in all these countries there are many non-Jews every whit as bad as the worst of the Jewish revolutionaries, the part played by the latter in proportion to their numbers in the population is astonishing."

While I prefer your shameless antisemitism (marginally) to Madmick's apparent snowflakery, I have to ask: are you seriously responding to a thread about a series of nationalist movements that exterminated Jewish citizens by the million....by randomly copy-and-pasting anti-Jewish propaganda?

The intolerant left and acceptance of extreme dangerous ideologies of people like Bernie Sanders show that fascism is on the rise. The left wants to eliminate the free market and control everything while punishing those who work hard. Trump is a beacon of light in these dark times but the disrespect he has received since coming into office shows just how dire our situation is.

Again, that you have not been banned as a blatant troll is astonishing to me. Easily and without doubt the most transparent troll job here.

As long as people can have sex, get drunk, party, sleep in late and have days off, have a job, a home, and enough food they will be okay with the rest but higher purpose really helps. Why religion and ethnonationalism make so much sense.

While I prefer your shameless antisemitism (marginally) to Madmick's apparent snowflakery, I have to ask: are you seriously responding to a thread about a series of nationalist movements that exterminated Jewish citizens by the million....by randomly copy-and-pasting anti-Jewish propaganda?

Again, that you have not been banned as a blatant troll is astonishing to me.

User name: Trotsky

That is as bad as having your name Hitler

Again, that you have not been banned as a blatant troll is astonishing to me. Easily and without doubt the most transparent troll job here.

I'm pro Jew. I'm anti-communism.

“Without Jews there would never have been Bolshevism. For a Jew nothing is more insulting than the truth. THE BLOODTHIRSTY JEWISH TERRORISTS HAVE MURDERED SIXTY SIX MILLION in Russia from 1918 to 1957.” ~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Nobel Peace Prize Winner and Patriot.

“You must understand. The leading Bolsheviks who took over Russia were not Russians. They hated Russians. They hated Christians. Driven by ethnic hatred they tortured and slaughtered millions of Russians without a shred of human remorse. The October Revolution was not what you call in America the “Russian Revolution.” It was an invasion and conquest over the Russian people. More of my countrymen suffered horrific crimes at their bloodstained hands than any people or nation ever suffered in the entirety of human history. It cannot be understated. Bolshevism was the greatest human slaughter of all time. The fact that most of the world is ignorant of this reality is proof that the global media itself is in the hands of the perpetrators.” – Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (1918-2008), Nobel-Prize-winning novelist, historian and victim of Jewish Bolshevism (Marxism).

“The Bolshevist revolution in Russia was the work of Jewish brains, of Jewish dissatisfaction, of Jewish planning, whose goal is to create a new order in the world. What was performed in so excellent a way in Russia, thanks to Jewish brains, and because of Jewish dissatisfaction and by Jewish planning, shall also, through the same Jewish mental and physical forces, become a reality all over the world.”
The American Hebrew, September 10, 1920

In 1935, the most famous rabbi in America, Rabbi Stephen Wise, a friend of President Roosevelt, boasted: “Some call it Marxism, I call it Judaism.” (The American Bulletin, May 5,1935)

The following is from article written by Sir Winston Churchill that was published in theIllustrated Sunday Morning Herald on February 8, 1920:

"This movement among the Jews is not new. From the days of Spartacus-Weishaupt to those of Karl Marx, and down to Trotsky (Russia), Bela Kun (Hungary), Rosa Luxembourg (Germany), and Emma Goldman (United States), this world-wide conspiracy for the overthrow of civilization and for the reconstitution of society on the basis of arrested development, of envious malevolence, and impossible equality, has been steadily growing. It played, as a modern writer, Mrs. Webster, has so ably shown, a definitely recognizable part in the tragedy of the French Revolution. It has been the mainspring of every subversive movement during the Nineteenth Century; and now at last this band of extraordinary personalities from the underworld of the great cities of Europe and America have gripped the Russian people by the hair of their heads and have become practically the undisputed masters of that enormous empire.
There is no need to exaggerate the part played in the creation of Bolshevism and in the actual bringing about of the Russian Revolution, by these international and for the most part atheistical Jews, it is certainly a very great one; it probably outweighs all others. With the notable exception of Lenin, the majority of the leading figures are Jews. Moreover, the principal inspiration and driving power comes from the Jewish leaders. Thus Tchitcherin, a pure Russian, is eclipsed by his nominal subordinate Litvinoff, and the influence of Russians like Bukharin or Lunacharski cannot be compared with the power of Trotsky, or of Zinovieff, the Dictator of the Red Citadel (Petrograd) or of Krassin or Radek — all Jews. In the Soviet institutions the predominance of Jews is even more astonishing. And the prominent, if not indeed the principal, part in the system of terrorism applied by the Extraordinary Commissions for Combating Counter-Revolution [the Cheka] has been taken by Jews, and in some notable cases by Jewesses. The same evil prominence was obtained by Jews in the brief period of terror during which Bela Kun ruled in Hungary. The same phenomenon has been presented in Germany (especially in Bavaria), so far as this madness has been allowed to prey upon the temporary prostration of the German people. Although in all these countries there are many non-Jews every whit as bad as the worst of the Jewish revolutionaries, the part played by the latter in proportion to their numbers in the population is astonishing."

Oh wait, this an antifa thread, not an anticommunism thread.

Where the hell do people get this stuff?The soviet union never killed 60 million people or anything close to it! But fascist nazis killed nearly 30 million soviet people. Maybe 20 million died but half that was because of food crisis.

No, at least not in America.

The day Trump starts killing judges and the press, I’ll be on the ideological front lines with you.

That being said, I’m practically astonished China is ok with President for life Xi.

Lastly, some countries in the Middle East, unfortunately only understand the rule of an iron fist.

Well, this has blossomed into a predictably nuanced and productive discussion.

Liberal fascism has been on the rise for 20 years.

Hungry and Austria should also be included in the thread. As well as Poland. Those countries doing some shady shit.

No, at least not in America.

The day Trump starts killing judges and the press, I’ll be on the ideological front lines with you.

That being said, I’m practically astonished China is ok with President for life Xi.

Lastly, some countries in the Middle East, unfortunately only understand the rule of an iron fist.

Thanks for the earnest response. However, you're conflating fascism and fascist development with authoritarian (which, as we know, can spring from right, left, or center) that came to define fascism (Sartre: "fascism is defined not by how many it kills, but by how it kills them," etc.)

I don't have a rigid opinion on Xi. He's not fascist, nor communist, and the extent of his (party's) authoritarianism doesn't seem to infringe all that painfully on contemporary Chinese conceptions/standards of liberty (as counterbalanced by stability). It's hard to really issue am opinion as a Westerner with a VASTLY different perspective than a Chinese person.

Where the hell do people get this stuff?The soviet union never killed 60 million people or anything close to it! But fascist nazis killed nearly 30 million soviet people. Maybe 20 million died but half that was because of food crisis.

Watch a documentary called Europa the Last Battle (all on YouTube, 15 hours long approximately). I don't agree with everything it suggests, but it does lay quite an eye-opening case against communism/Marxism (and, unfortunately, it's roots both historically and presently). The documentary also makes quite a good case for nationalism.

Last edited:
Thanks for the earnest response. However, you're conflating fascism and fascist development with authoritarian autocracy (which, as we know, can spring from right, left, or center).

I don't have a rigid opinion on Xi. He's not fascist, nor communist, and the extent of his (party's) authoritarianism doesn't seem to infringe all that painfully on contemporary Chinese conceptions/standards of liberty (as counterbalanced by stability). It's hard to really issue am opinion as a Westerner with a VASTLY different perspective than a Chinese person.

I don’t think I’m conflating anything. Nothing trump has done has been remotely fascist. Rewind 20 years ago and most of it was called common sense.

My point about China wasn’t a criticism of xi, it’s that historically, absolute power corrupts, and it’s an insanely dangerous precedent.

Back