Today in 1945, Mussolini is executed by the Italian resistance; is fascism reemerging?

Whenever I hear people refer to Trump as a fascist, I have to smile. It's so adorable!

Blacks whose families have been living in America for centuries are irrelevant to a question about immigration. And you might want to research that subject a little.

India is one of those third-world countries that have sent a lot of immigrants, no? Nigeria is another one (more than any other African country). The "ramifications of introducing people from [those] impoverished, underdeveloped nations," have been overwhelmingly positive, no? @LogicalInsanity. What countries' immigrants are hurting America?
I shouldn't have said blacks, in fact I almost wrote a disclaimer about it.
But I think my point is clear, I'd say Mexico and other latin american countries. Hispanics are now around 20% of the population with the poverty stats I mentioned.

Blacks whose families have been living in America for centuries are irrelevant to a question about immigration. And you might want to research that subject a little.

India is one of those third-world countries that have sent a lot of immigrants, no? Nigeria is another one (more than any other African country). The "ramifications of introducing people from [those] impoverished, underdeveloped nations," have been overwhelmingly positive, no? @LogicalInsanity. What countries' immigrants are hurting America?

Good morning Jack. Just woke up. In my earlier post I wasn't referring to the United States .

In my research (limited research) I've discovered that the United States has a much more effective/easier structure in assisting immigrants transition into the work force as opposed to countries like France and Germany .
"Economic mobility" is much more of a possibility here as opposed to many other western nations.

Wtf, how'd you get dubbed?

Basically talking about the Russian Revolution in terms of Bolsheivism. The term was in quotations with other Jew-related terms in a post that was deleted from page one. It seemed I guess like I was promoting the idea of Bolshevism and I think I was reported, and then informed that promoting the connection wasn't supported in the WR. I'm not super versed on how to broach these difficult subjects when attempting to discuss the first century and a half of communism. My intent wasn't to be antisemitic in any way as I am a supporter Jews generally. But some of the quotes seemed to highlight the connection. I accept the dubs, but my intent wasn't to be antisemitic or cavalier about the topic. It's a touchy subject I suppose.

Basically talking about the Russian Revolution in terms of Bolsheivism. The term was in quotations with other Jew-related terms in a post that was deleted from page one. It seemed I guess like I was promoting the idea of Bolshevism and I think I was reported, and then informed that promoting the connection wasn't supported in the WR. I'm not super versed on how to broach these difficult subjects when attempting to discuss the first century and a half of communism. My intent wasn't to be antisemitic in any way as I am a supporter Jews generally. But some of the quotes seemed to highlight the connection. I accept the dubs, but my intent wasn't to be antisemitic or cavalier about the topic. It's a touchy subject I suppose.

Being antisemitic is dub worthy in the WR? Shit, there's this dude in here who constantly bashes Jews in an obvious and hateful manner, and I don't think he's ever been nailed for it. Hmph.

Well tread softly. ....

You're a good poster. Don't want to see you banned.

Mate, you posted Neo-Nazi propaganda videos claiming the Nazi were the good guys.
And try to link Judaism and Bolshevism as the same.

Mate, you posted Neo-Nazi propaganda videos claiming the Nazi were the good guys.

You weren't the mod that dubbed me.

And people can read for themselves what actually happened rather than your mangled synopsis.

Cut your balls off that quickly, did I?

Yeah, you totally pwned me by saying something nonsensical, prompting me to comment that it made no sense.

It must be hard having the maturity, communicative methods, and support of Trump supporters while still trying to convince yourself that you're better than them.

Yeah, you totally pwned me by saying something nonsensical, prompting me to comment that it made no sense.

It must be hard having the maturity, communicative methods, and support of Trump supporters while still trying to convince yourself that you're better than them.

what you think of my theory? that humans favor authoritarianism and it will win out. Today social liberal stuff is unique but will lose. It seem pessimistic to some but to me it just obvious. just my belief.

Being antisemitic is dub worthy in the WR? Shit, there's this dude in here who constantly bashes Jews in an obvious and hateful manner, and I don't think he's ever been nailed for it. Hmph.

Is that @abiG ?

Good morning Jack. Just woke up. In my earlier post I wasn't referring to the United States .

In my research (limited research) I've discovered that the United States has a much more effective/easier structure in assisting immigrants transition into the work force as opposed to countries like France and Germany .
"Economic mobility" is much more of a possibility here as opposed to many other western nations.

I think you're right about ability to find work, but I don't think it is hardly at all related to immigration/integration policy. I'd say it's most owed to the fact that the US has ultra-liberal employment laws: that is, while European countries endow a quasi-property right in employment thus giving employees pretty strict termination protection, the US is strictly "at will," so an employer can hire an employee who they might be unsure about without making a huge investment/taking a huge risk. Because they can just fire them the next day for whatever reason they please without filling out a bunch of paperwork. I'd also say it's owed to the fact that the US has considerable immigrant communities that primarily speak their native language. So, for almost any country that you come from, you can find a community of native speakers that you can communicate with and integrate into.

Wtf, how'd you get dubbed?

Don't let him whitewash it. If he's referring to what he did in this thread, he copy and pasted a bunch of actual Nazi propaganda that was used by (literally) Hitler to paint the Russian Revolution and communists generally as Jewish subterfuges. If you've read Mein Kampf, you'll see that the primary targets are the Marxists, Communists, Social Democrats, and of course Jews. To make his conspiracy theories seem cohesive instead of just rambling fear mongering against one's enemies (the Soc Dems and Communists were the left parties of Germany), he had to tie them together.

Also, he is a terrible poster.

Well tread softly. ....

You're a good poster. Don't want to see you banned.

Thanks. I don't know what to think still.

I can't like posts while in dubs. So have to actually respond to show I appreciate the comment.

You weren't the mod that dubbed me.

And people can read for themselves what actually happened rather than your mangled synopsis.

Snake is correct though. I can understand if you’re rightly embarrassed by what you posted, but the better thing to do would be to apologize rather than try to defend it or deny it.

To start, I apologize to international readers that this is an exceedingly American-centric analysis of this topic. But, alas, I am a Yankee and do not have the depth of knowledge necessary to discuss at length the political currents of countries (such as Poland, Israel, Italy, Turkey, Russia, and the Philippines) that may be touched upon here.

EDIT: To clarify for those who flinch at the substance of this topic, this is not meant to imply that any purported neo-Fascist is in any way comparable to Mussolini or "literally Hitler," etc. This is a topic of historical political development. It is arguable that the crimes perpetrated by Mussolini et al. are not remotely imputable to a fascist resurgence and that existing political structures and informational interconnected-ness preempts that possibility.

he-was-trying-to-flee-to-switzerland-when-mussolini-was-caught-and-killed-photo-u1

On April 28, 1945, Benito Mussolini and his remaining fascist colleagues were captured and executed by the communist partisans and were hanged for display at the place where Mussolini had previously held the public execution of several notable antifascists.

While mythos of Adolph Hitler's infamous crimes against humanity are earmarked as the apex of fascist immorality, they also serve to obscure the politics of fascism as an ideology of scientific racism or genocide. In reality, fascism need not spring from the launchpad of antisemitism (although, in the cases of Germany and Italy, it largely did). At its core, fascism is a politics of institutionalized reaction, unconstrained by principle or rigid ideology, and of popular power unfettered from governmental check. This reality was perhaps most vivid in Italy, not Germany, as Mussolini spun nationalist support and right-wing reduction into a whirlwind of brutality that dared not to even oversee itself, let alone restrict itself to any doctrinal casing, as it hedged itself with the support of corporatist power.

Seventy-three years later, unwittingly of course, fascist sentiment is making a roaring comeback. Across Southern and Eastern Europe, right-wing strongmen, with nothing in their holsters but revisionist-nationalist nostalgia and contempt for liberal democracy, are gaining traction. From traditional fascists across mainland Europe, to teetering ethnonationalist autocrats in the Middle East, to a mere fascist by happenstance in Russia, to a modern neo-fascist rooted in eastern communist organization in the Philippines. And in the United States, the one world power where fascism was for the most part kept at the margins, Donald Trump has been elected. Although he most appears an affable clown who merely bumbled his way into power saying what came easiest, his ascendancy came on a rhetorical platform that was distinctly fascist by near definition, seized on political, social, and informational conditions most historically amenable to fascism, considerably softened American sensibilities to the politics of fascism, and perhaps most troubling persisted to openly support neo-fascist organization abroad.

Now, this may sound like, and will certainly be resisted by Trump supporters as, alarmism. But, to be sure, Donald Trump does not by my estimations pose a legitimate risk toward overcoming the liberal democratic structures he and his supports so openly despise. Frankly, it seems undeniable at this point that Trump is far too incompetent and ineffective to pose such a risk. However, does the openness to Trump's brand of shapeless, shifting reactionary populism, which has been repeatedly pointed to as neo-fascism by historians and experts on fascist development, what with its frequent appeals to authority, pose a real insight into a liberal Democratic west that is ripe for a fascist renaissance? To be clear, while Trump does possess the abilities (nor the desires in some likelihood) to pose any real fascist threat, his supporters pose a much greater risk.

Sources cited to throughout this post:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/04/italy-mussolini-fascism-resistance
https://www.thenation.com/article/philippine-president-rodrigo-duterte-is-a-wildly-popular-fascist/
https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.pr...ding-the-rising-tide-of-neo-fascism-1.5956160
https://worldpolicy.org/2014/05/12/why-its-time-to-start-calling-putin-a-fascist/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...ly-a-formula-for-that/?utm_term=.4628b9f3e8e8
https://www.salon.com/2016/03/11/tr...created_a_modern_fascist_movement_in_america/
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2017/08/american-roots-donald-trump-fascism-
https://www.thenation.com/article/trump-is-now-openly-supporting-fascists/170828100440138.html
https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/dona...oscillator-not-a-fascist-20170618-gwtba6.html
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...a_fascist_an_expert_on_fascism_weighs_in.html

Short answer: no.

To expand: Fascism will remain on the fringes for the forseeable future. There are Fascist elements in countries like Hungary, Austria(big surprise!)and Poland. None of these nations have any real impact on Europe or the wider world.

The countries that actually matter, Germany and France, have resoundingly rejected Fascism. Merkle may be facing a challenge from Right Wing parties, but that doesn't mean the Germans are about to put on the sexy, black Hugo Boss-inspired uniforms, fire up the Panzers and take an extended summer holiday in France and Poland. Germans know only too well what happens when you let shit like that get out of hand.

Fascism has footholds in Italy and Greece, but their economies are so weak they have to spend most of their time and energy trying to keep their heads above water.

Russia may pass for a Fascist dictatorship in poor light, but in reality it's a kleptocrocy, a Mafia state. Putin is no more a Fascist than he is a Communist. He's a Mob boss on a global scale. In fact Putin, has recently passed laws against anti-Semitism, mainly because he regards the Russian Far Right as a potential challenger to his stranglehold on power.

Britain will never be a Fascist country. It's simply alien to our national character. Most English dislike it because of it's obvious connections to Germany. Most Scots dislike it because the few hard core British Fascists tend to be English.

Which really only leaves America. And Trump, for all his sins, isn't a Fascist. He is driven far more by personal ambition and massive egotism than fanatical ideology. Even if he did want to become the American Fuhrer, the American political system is designed as a series of checks and balances against the massive power of the President. Look how many times Trump has been frustrated by the Courts.

Fascism isn't making a comeback any time soon.

The greatest current threat to liberty is neo-liberals trying to push their "progressive" agenda where they segregate society into identity groups, then have them compete for victimhood status. Essentially people turn on each other in an Oppression Olympics. The more oppressed you are, the more social assistance and standings from the society you shall receive. To criticize these identity groups is to commit political suicide for mainstream politicians, as the political correctness brown shirts will descend upon you. Be prepared to lose your employment and friends if you dare speak ill of LGBTWTFBBQ+, Islam, radical feminism, BLM or whatever the flavor of the month SJW hashtag is trending.

There is nothing progressive about this kind of identity politics. It divides a society to the point of open conflict, which is where the neo-liberals really thrive in. They are conflict-theorists, following the same line of logic as extreme left and right wing but disguised as mainstream moderates. The reason they are so destructive to society is rooted in the nature of their ways, which is conflict based rather mutual cooperation and respect. They talk about tolerance, but viewpoints not in line with their own is excluded from that. They talk about acceptance, but they love using labels (racist, misogynist) to silence opponents.

If you want to fight racism and discrimination, the best way is through debate. In the market place of ideas, rational thoughts emerge on top while irrational arguments are defeated. That's how a free and democratic society is suppose to operate. You may disagree with the ideas of others, but you need to be willing to fight for their right to express them.

The greatest current threat to liberty is neo-liberals trying to push their "progressive" agenda where they segregate society into identity groups, then have them compete for victimhood status. Essentially people turn on each other in an Oppression Olympics. The more oppressed you are, the more social assistance and standings from the society you shall receive. To criticize these identity groups is to commit political suicide for mainstream politicians, as the political correctness brown shirts will descend upon you. Be prepared to lose your employment and friends if you dare speak ill of LGBTWTFBBQ+, Islam, radical feminism, BLM or whatever the flavor of the month SJW hashtag is trending.

There is nothing progressive about this kind of identity politics. It divides a society to the point of conflict, which is where the neo-liberals really thrive in. They are conflict-theorists, following the same line of logic as extreme left and right wing but disguised as mainstream moderates. The reason they are so destructive to society is rooted in the nature of their ways, which is conflict based rather mutual cooperation and respect. They talk about tolerance, but viewpoints not in line with their own is excluded from that. They talk about acceptance, but they love using labels (racist, misogynist) to silence opponents.

If you want to fight racism and discrimination, the best way is through debate. In the market place of ideas, rational thoughts emerge on top while irrational arguments are defeated. That's how a free and democratic society is suppose to operate. You may disagree with the ideas of others, but you need to be willing to fight for their right to express them.

What do you think "neoliberal" means?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back